1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Staff Application from Liam

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Liam, Aug 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Member Name
    Liam

Additional In Game Name(s):
    Liampuffles, Ocifer, Dividicus

Discord Name:
    L i a m#5061

When did you join MeepCraft?
    Summer of 2014

How many hours per day do you spend on MeepCraft? (average)
    4-6

References (IGNs):
    AdrianBFaust, BooBear1227, cooey3, Peero, SaplingArcher, QUSM, XxNine_TailsxX

Introduction:
    Hey! My name is Addicus, but some of you know me for my real name, which is Liam. My pronouns are he/they, and I’ve been playing on Meep for just over seven years. Currently, I’m starting my first year of college in the fall as an Acting major. I’ve only been acting for four years, so I’m excited to continue studying that. In my freetime outside of school and Meep, I work as a line cook, I journal, I play Dungeons and Dragons, and I love movies. In high school, I was in the musicals and plays, I directed, sang in choirs, and played in bands. With all of these, I’ve become a good artist and an even better listener and leader. Over the past few years I’ve worked a lot on self-improvement and it’s become a pretty interesting journey for myself so far.

Have you ever held a staff position on MeepCraft or another server? If yes, please describe your experience. If no, please explain why you are interested in a position on MeepCraft.
    I was an architect on Meep in 2019 and got to see how teams worked in moderation, as well as how effective management ran. Organization of teams and projects seemed fairly easy to follow and was overall a good time.

Which staff position(s) are you applying for / interested in? Please select all that apply.
    Mod

Why should you be considered for the above staff position(s)?
    Experience. I’ve been a dedicated member of the Meep community for the past seven years, and I learned towny on Meep. I’ve seen it undergo tons of changes, just like our community has, and learning more aspects of updates quickly has become a skill. I’ve also seen how the staff team operates from when I was an Architect, and the method of taking a project or idea and developing it is fascinating, and I would be an effective member of moving ideas along.

Dedication. Like many others, I feel a pull to our community, not necessarily on the server, but the people. Lots of people I talk to play Meep for the community and I find myself with a natural instinct to run with that. Devotion to the server goes in-hand with that, because we all are playing on the same platform, so activity and dedication is a strength for me.

Communication. Being someone who has seen our community grow, it is sometimes perceived as a fault or weakness, and I see it as an opportunity to be our biggest strength. We have players who again, are attached to this community and to preserve that in a healthy and kind way is key to evolving our playerbase. Welcoming new players in open arms and taking care of our own is a point we need more focus on, while also being firm. Understanding players and communicating accordingly has been something that comes naturally and is also vital to being fair in all situations of moderation. This comes easy to me, as I have a solid understanding of our playerbase and how to act accordingly in situations of helping others understand. I believe my communication is fit for all types of players and can be put to use for creating an environment of generosity and compassion.

Leadership. Over the past few years, I’ve been able to practice my leadership in several instances within school such as band, choir, and theatre. Online, I’m able to lead a project that I have a good grasp of, as in, if I clearly understand the assignment, I have no problem getting it done on time while having a good time with it. On Meep, I’ve led several towns, while helping out with building, but also communicating with teammates, and understanding where everyone is at. Leadership, in my mind, is setting up the people on your team to do their best. As a staff member, I hope to be able to do this with projects that can showcase how effective a team can be.

What are your weaknesses?
    History. For the most part, my offenses on the server have been minor, and although those offenses would be considered “legal” in today’s community, it doesn’t justify them. Last year with Party-Chat, and around that time, there was a major divide between the community and staff, and it got the best of me. Obviously, it was a mistake and I’ve been lucky enough to talk with staff members then to resolve the problem. Still, I’m more than happy to talk with anyone in a voice-chat to discuss anything.

Improvement. Although improving is a strength for me, it can also be perceived as a weakness. It takes patience, time, and practice to get cranking on some of the concerns I have for myself, or some of the playerbase may have for me. I know that from time-to-time, I come across a player who can playfully bully me, and I can respond in the same format and tone, with the same intention. Not always will it be perceived as playful, and I’m guilty of sometimes failing to ask if everything is alright.

Generally, in a team setting, I tend to follow behind when I’m new, and once I’m more comfortable, I take the reins when appropriate. Not every team works like this, so being thrown into leadership positions immediately may put me off-balance.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    As a former Architect, I see myself helping out in builds whenever Meep is pushing out a new map or anything of the sort. Although it’s not my primary skill, I see it definitely being utilized with the short-handedness of Architects as well as all staff.

Linked Portfolio:

Upload Portfolio:

LJJJJJJJ, Adrian, BooBear1227 and 2 others like this.
  2. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

+1
    Liam has been a tremendous member of the community in terms of both his love and dedication to the server. He is one of the kindest people I know, and is always down to help those in need, even at his own expense. I have no doubt that he'd make an excellent addition to the staff team.

3. Shawn

Shawn Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Media

+1 my mans has always been just perfect. couldn't even hurt a fly :' ) Also super cute

Peero likes this.
  4. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

+1 Knows and gets along with the community while understanding the server staff side. While he may have had some issues with breaking the rules, that was over a year ago and he has clearly moved on since. Addicus would be a great staff member!

5. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

+1 Super nice, kind, helpful and cute

6. ENIbeast

ENIbeast Popular Meeper

+1 liam is good boy and will be good staff

7. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Accepted for interview! Keep an eye on your DMs :)

GroovyGrevous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.