1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Staff Application from Iatemyfriends

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Iatemyfriends, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

Member Name
    Iatemyfriends

Additional In Game Name(s):
    BiggyStinks

Discord Name:
    mattyc#9437

When did you join MeepCraft?
    November 2012

How many hours per day do you spend on MeepCraft? (average)
    Weekdays: 3-4 Hours Weekends: 4-6 Hours

References (IGNs):
    BooBear1227
    SpongeyStar
    Chloeunicorn12
    GingerManOWNS
    AdrianBFaust
    Splasho
    Selchie
    PHILLLLLLL

Introduction:
    Hey everyone, I am Iatemyfriends but many of you know me by either Iate, Iamf, or just Matt. I’ve been around the server for a long time, as I joined in 2012 when I was 11 years old and I’ve made a lot of wonderful and lasting memories with many of you here. I’m currently a 2nd year university student studying political science. During my spare time, I am typically trying to catch up on my studies, playing Meepcraft among other games, or watching hockey.

Have you ever held a staff position on MeepCraft or another server? If yes, please describe your experience. If no, please explain why you are interested in a position on MeepCraft.
    I was a helper back in 2014 for a short amount of time. I worked under BooBear1227 during that time, which has built up a lasting friendship and also decent working chemistry. During my time as a helper, I became familiar with how being a staff member truly works and how to enhance the experience of other players and other staff members themselves. Through this, I also learned for myself first hand the importance of teamwork, which I still truly believe to be an integral part of being on a staff team. I have a very good understanding of the rules, how to handle modreqs and how to conduct myself in a more professional manner. I resigned though after 3 weeks of being a staff member as I was only 14 at the time, and had many other personal things I felt were more important to focus on.

Which staff position(s) are you applying for / interested in? Please select all that apply.
    Mod

Why should you be considered for the above staff position(s)?
    I should be considered for helper because I truly want to see this server succeed, and seeing the number of old players coming back and the new players joining for the first time gives me a lot of hope that the server is headed in the right direction. I would really enjoy the opportunity to help make the server a more welcoming place for all players alike.

Experience
    - Since being a staff member in 2014, as well as an active member of the community for 8+ years, I have a lot of overall Meepcraft experience. I was only a staff member for a short time of about 3 weeks, but I was able to pick up the new commands and plugins pretty quickly and believe I can do so again with a little bit of knowledge on them beforehand. I have a generally good understanding of a lot of the towny commands as well as all of the rules that have been implemented, with discord and forums rules included. I also carry all of my experience of being a staff member and working together with a staff team in order to present players with the most pleasant experience.

Teamwork
    - I always take teamwork very seriously and ensure that the team and myself get things done efficiently while maintaining a focus on effectiveness. When things are expected of me, especially in a team setting I put my best effort forward always in hopes that I can improve the experience of the team and also ensure the best product is put forward. I also tend to make myself extremely malleable within a team in the sense that I will try to fill in whatever role is needed from myself.

Connections
    - I have also made many connections with many players from different groups on the server over my time playing. Even during some of my downtimes from the server itself, I kept pretty involved with the community through various other games, as well as talking on the forums and discord. I find having good connections to be an integral part of being a staff member in this new community as it can help me relate and understand others who are in need of assistance and provide them with the best experience possible. My ban history is also (regrettably) extensive, which can allow me to relate to others who may be in a similar situation to myself a few years back and hopefully help them do better, rather than having to resort to other alternatives.

What are your weaknesses?
    Past
    - I know that being a staff member boils directly down to what kind of person you are and your ability to do good for others and volunteer your time towards making the server a better place. Throughout my past, I have not always, or even most of the time followed the rules or tried to conduct myself in a remotely decent manner. Unfortunately, no matter what, my past will follow me, but I have attempted to fix my mistakes and have not been banned since April 2020. While my ban history is extensive, I am no longer the same person I was when I was 13, 14, or 15 years old and I have grown greatly, and is evident with my ban history no longer growing.

Maturity
    - Maturity is a flaw of mine that has remained consistent since 2012, however, this has improved over the past while as well. As a kid on this server, I would make completely inappropriate jokes, harass people, and make it my absolute life mission to make people upset by any means. I have definitely ceased to do this in recent times but I still do make jokes in global chat with friends however I ensure that I keep it as respectful as possible and avoid sensitive topics.

Time
    - I also do not have all the time in the world as I am currently in university during a stressful time, so I will prioritize school over Meepcraft, but I would still happily volunteer my free time in the hopes of making the server a better place for others. This unfortunately isn't something that I can really improve upon, but I will try my hardest to ensure that I can be on daily.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    Edited for formatting

Linked Portfolio:

Upload Portfolio:

Marthacuddles, smk, Peero and 14 others like this.
  2. chloeunicorn12

chloeunicorn12 Popular Meeper

Iatemyfriends is always able to answer questions I have about the server, helping new players, and is very active in the Meepcraft community. I think he would be a great addition to the staff team. +1

3. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

+1 I've known you for a long time now Matt and it may seem biased but kid you've definitely grown up since I've met you and changed majorly over the years. I truly think you could make an impact on the staff team not only with your knowledge of the server but also with your personal connection with most of the community. Super active and super helpful. Good luck m9

4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

honestly the only other person I wanna see staff other than myself . almost as qualified and deserving as me, +1 maybe I’ll see u on the staff team ;)

5. CarJacked

CarJacked Celebrity Meeper

+1 Always able to help me

Iatemyfriends and BooBear1227 like this.
  6. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

from canada

7. Selchie

Selchie Celebrity Meeper

mr Matthew you are a dear friend of mine, always extremely kind, caring, and helpful, and i can tell you have a lot of love for the server and tons of dedication, i would absolutely love to see you on the meep staff team, mega super huge giant big +1 h i r e h i m n o w

8. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

Apart from the inclusion of some supposed weaknesses (I would argue you don't have any, but I guess you have to put something there), your application is phenomenal. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for you not to become staff. Seriously. The server can only benefit. Given these factors, and the fact that you've been a good pal of mine for many years now: surest +1 there ever was!

CarJacked and Iatemyfriends like this.
  9. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

Dang, good app! +1

Iatemyfriends and PHILLLLLLL like this.
  10. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

I know Iate since long time ago through my friend xman_bro (not playing now), haven't heard anything bad and good from Iate but my feeling tells me he's a good boy!

so +0.5

[We need you --UncleSam.jpg]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Iatemyfriends likes this.
  11. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

+1, super kind person, talented, well known, has staff experience, and a great application.

CarJacked, Iatemyfriends and Peero like this.
  12. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

+1 Me and Matt have become good friends as of recent and he's only ever been a cool, kind and all around great person to be around. I have no doubt that he would excel as as staff member.

CarJacked, Iatemyfriends and Liam like this.
  13. ENIbeast

ENIbeast Popular Meeper

+1 He plays a lot and I've gotten to know him a lot more recently and he seems like a really good person and he would certainly be great for the staff team

CarJacked and Iatemyfriends like this.
  14. MegaStufOreo

MegaStufOreo The Cookie Monster

+1. I have wake to give +1 to a very delicious applicant. Goodnight.

15. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

+1 more than qualified.

GingerManOWNS and Iatemyfriends like this.
  16. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Celebrity Meeper

I got denied after a +1 from the owner, so y’all need to deny him too or I’m gonna be pissed

17. Iatemyfriends

Iatemyfriends Supreme Leader

fair

SpongeyStar and Liam like this.
  18. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

Accepted for interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.