1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Staff Application from DarkKnight49x

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by DarkKnight49x, Feb 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Member Name
    DarkKnight49x

Additional In Game Name(s):
    DK49x

Discord Name:
    DarkKnight49x#1999

When did you join MeepCraft?
    May 21, 2015

How many hours per day do you spend on MeepCraft? (average)
    Around 5-6

References (IGNs):
    KyloMeep, EllieEllie, Onceuponajano, Peero, ENIbeast, smkorpi, CluelessKlutz

Introduction:
    I suppose I should provide a refresher for those who are new, or who know me but haven't heard of much from me.

Good afternoon! My name is Jonathan, and my in game name is DarkKnight49x, or DK49x/DK for sort. No, its not a Donkey Kong reference, nor is it a Batman reference. Back in like, 2012-13, when I registered for a game app, it asked me for a name. I, at the time, did not know Dark Knight was a nickname for Batman. I thought of a knight with dark armor, but with a good sense of heart. The 49 actually came about due to the fact that DarkKnight, DarkKnight1, DarkKnight2, and up to 9 were taken. So I went with a random number. The "x" came along a while after that as another app asked me for it and, behold, someone already had DarkKnight49 in it. As for personal life points, I'm currently in my final undergraduate year at Indiana University, with a B.A.major in psychology. Psychology is one of the subjects I've been in love with since taking an IB course on it during high school. I love to draw, although, with the piles of homework, papers, and exams, it sometimes prevents me from doing so. But I try to get a drawing out once or twice a week to relieve myself from stress. I tend to make my own characters, one that I'm currently working on being "Wolf and Boy" (as seen in my profile picture). One thing a lot of people see from my "in game persona", is that I'm pretty active and loud at times, when in reality, my real self is someone who tends to stay quiet and be shy all the time. Luckily for me, having been staff on Meepcraft made me come a bit out of my comfort zone. I'll return to this point in the section below. Other than that, the only other points I'd like to mention is how I'm the type of person who loves to help people. Of course, I may seem immature at times, but it is something I'm passionate about. I've been taught to be there for one always, and, to hear people's problems out with a clear mind and no disruptions. All of that came from the fact that my mother had it rough while she raised me, and I'm always glad I was raised by her than my father. Finally, I'm a native Spanish speaker! I know there aren't many players that are joining from around many parts of the world as it did when I was staff, but I suppose it could help me out whenever I see someone who only understands Spanish.

Have you ever held a staff position on MeepCraft or another server? If yes, please describe your experience. If no, please explain why you are interested in a position on MeepCraft.
    I've had two staff positions, one being on Meepcraft and the other on a server that's been deleted. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name of it, but if it does come back to me, I'll be sure to put it down below.

SO, I loved every bit of being staff. During my time, there was MegaStufOreo (L) and Kirby99 who I consider to be the backbone of what I sort of became during that time. I many many friends over time, even best friends, who I've gone to meet for myself (they know who I'm talking about). Through my position as a moderator, I was more talkative with everyone, even joining meep's discord channels to keep it sort of lively at the very least. It was that that helped me go out of my comfort zone and be more sociable in real life. I've met some great friends in my university due to the impact my staff role had on me.

Which staff position(s) are you applying for / interested in? Please select all that apply.
    Mod

Why should you be considered for the above staff position(s)?
    Why should I be considered? Isn't it obvious? TO RULE MEEPCRAFT AND BAN PEEOR CAUSE COOEY3 IS BETTER.

Nah. Thats a lie, hahahaha... Or is it?
    To be honest, I think I should be considered due to the experience I've had that can make me a valuable asset to the team. Of course, with me being on my last year of university, and hopefully returning back to work soon as a student supervisor, I may be on less often. However, as someone who tries to stay on meep, and be helpful when possible, I think I can handle the easy work staff have. I don't really have much else to say, but you could look at my previous applications for the reasons on why I wanted to join the staff time. Some of the stuff are sort of old, and a bit out of date, but, most of it can still be applicable to this application, such as involvement, work ethics, experience, and performance. Dedication can be mentioned as well, as I'd be spending most of my time on skyblock whenever it's released. Its a gummed (if it can be called that) that I enjoy, and on its release, I hope to understand the gist of it, such as commands, or experience.

What are your weaknesses?
    Now, the thing I'd like to mention, because I have a feeling it will be mentioned, is the permanent ban that occurred back in 2018. I don't want to get into the specifics of it, as it does bring back some funny yet bad memories. However, if staff have questions pertaining that ban, or if any player have questions, I would be glad to do it over a conversation on forums or discord. I've learned that I'm the type of person who can be stubborn. A lot. I'm willing to fight for an idea that, whether its true or not, can get me good results, or terrible consequences. That's what I believe was the result of my stubbornness. Of course, this can be a great skill to have, or a pretty bad weakness.

Another weakness is my feelings and behavior towards/with certain players. Its not at all like feelings of hatred, but its more like, I can act really immature with some players. I'm sure most of you know who are those players, and it is something I am constantly working on.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know:
    If the application gets accepted, then I'm glad. If its not, I'm still gonna be glad. It would be more so of a hobby to have to the side and a fun way to relieve stress and hang out with all players as I am a people's kind of person. It's not like I'll stop playing. Meep is part of my life and probably will always be. But thank you for reading the application. Anyways, as Reggie Fils-Aime once said, "Okay, that's all the time I've got. I've got to get back to playing *Pokemon GO* on my *iPhone XR*."
    (Edited: added final ref)
    Linked Portfolio:

Upload Portfolio:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Save skyblock!

but frl tho, great guy, very knowledgeable. Would be a valuable asset to the team and server.

+1

DarkKnight49x likes this.
  3. OrganicTurtles

OrganicTurtles Celebrity Meeper

+1 for IU Meepcraft takeover

4. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

+1
    He's a staple of the Meep community and a genuinely good guy. Although he can be wrong when he says cooey3 is better than me, as this is a known falsehood, he knows the server well and the community better.
    DorkKnight49x belongs on the team.

5. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

+1 You helped train me when I was a little helper back in 2017 and gave me the skills to carry on and be where I am today. Very knowledgeable, good at prism and I think you'd only need a refresher. You would be a good asset to the moderation staff

6. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

+1 for these reasons.

DarkKnight49x, EllieEllie and Peero like this.
  7. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Decent guy, knows his stuff and can work well with people
    +1

8. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Part of the moderation team at the best time ever in Meep. Long live DK. Mega, & Kirby!
    More seriously though, he's an amazing guy, very knowledgeable, very kind, and has an amazing work ethic.
    +1

9. 0zblox

0zblox Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

OG Meepers rise for staff takeover! +1

GroovyGrevous and DarkKnight49x like this.
  10. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Congratulations!! Accepted for interview, I'll be in touch so look out for a message :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.