1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Something I should have said Years ago...

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ToonMichaela, May 8, 2018.

1. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

So... I've been reading up on the whole hornemans thing... and tried to not judge untill I knew more than just the basic... and I have to say.... Especially to the higher up staff...

WHY HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED A GOD DAMN THING ABOUT COMMUNICATION?!

this next bit is something few old players might remember... and I dont care 1 bit if the link gets removed or not... (the edit my mod tag will show that.)

but anyone remember this...? Screenshot - 07411b853b780bb0d48ae9917284a217 - Gyazo

I'm going to assume you read the text. and Yes I get that some info regarding bans and things like that are no one's bussness except for the involved player(s) and staff... but in situations like these, you could have prevented the Shitstorm by Just Telling What the Hell is going on.

Secrecy is good. not any player should know any other player's IP for example... but ban and unban reasons Should have atleast more transparency than hearing things from 1 person who heard it from another...
    It only causes rumours, players start assuming things, and bad time is ensured.

I'm not the best at long complicated texts or anything like that... I just hope staff will take this to heart, improve communications between each other And the server's players to prevent further shitstorms like these from happening.

TL;DR - Staff, Improve your goddamn communications to eevryone, be Atleast abit more transparent about bans and avoid confusions and shitstorms.

On a side note: this post is Not ment to be bashing anyone or Anything related to that... I'm just putting my thoughts out there. Freedom of speech and all.

2. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

Wants staff to communicate better.... then says things like:

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    SuperDyl, Klitch, SSSoul and 2 others like this.
  3. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

if subtle hints over Years of playing and saying directly to staff dont get any result, even when asked nicely, one's patience runs low.

ferpyderpy, SX1, iKitten and 6 others like this.
  4. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

>staff need to communicate clearly
    >subtle hints
    pick one

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Theres nothing wrong with what she's saying. She makes some extremely good points. And a lot of staff tend not to listen unless you shout.

SuperDyl, ferpyderpy, SX1 and 11 others like this.
  6. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

tried one way: failed, tried another way: failed, tries a third way: well see what happens.

Muunkee likes this.
  7. Blue_Marlin

I don't think this language is going to make staff want to attend to the issue she is bringing up. I know she brought up good points, I never said she didn't, I just think there are better ways to go about stating your point. But this isn't my thread so I guess we will say, hopefully they answer.

8. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

I do completely agree with the majority of your points, though this might have been better as a staff comment. I wasn't here when the Christmas unban took place, and I sincerely hope we don't end up in any more situations like that. I really hope this hornemans thing is a lesson learned.

9. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Communication? Please use it in a sentence.

cooey, agnd, iKitten and 5 others like this.
  10. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

-_-
    --- Double Post Merged, May 9, 2018, Original Post Date: May 9, 2018 ---
    the excretion of words through your mouth is one form of communication

11. Blue_Marlin

This is more of a bodily function or form of waste, not a form of communication. When you excrete something it’s like oils from your skin or skin itself. You’re getting rid of waste or cleansing the body. I don’t think (I could be wrong) that you would use excretion for a form of words.

Also, I see some punctuation errors.

I applaud your attempt at this. Please try again.

SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  12. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Sjoe was great I miss him.

SX1, ToonMichaela, riri30 and 12 others like this.
  13. whoisnate

whoisnate Celebrity Meeper

I had a feeling the picture was gonna be sjoes rant. As much as I think that bans should be between the staff member and the accused, when it comes to high-profile player bans communication is far more important, especially when the ban/unban is controversial. Had staff (who knew) just said what was happening w/o needing Fuzzlr to lay it out because they didn’t want to break the staff/banned player agreement of not talking about bans then we wouldn’t have even needed the hornemans thread to begin with.

We did get some low effort shit posts from it tho so id say it was worth.

Edit: made the comment more clear and tried to make it less aggressive

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  14. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

I found out the same time you did bro.

smk, EllieEllie, Courtneyyy and 3 others like this.
  15. whoisnate

whoisnate Celebrity Meeper

Im not saying all the staff knew but someone had to know the full reason, unless it was just Fuzzlr who knew. If thats the case then Fuzzlr needs to improve communication with his staff.

iKitten, cooey, Lilliya and 8 others like this.
  16. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

if you don’t like staff’s decisions leave the server.

granted, I’m on nobody’s side bc I don’t play here, but this is a Minecraft server

with 40 players max at that. you’re putting faith into a dead horse

why are you still dragging this out

vkl got unbanned from a permban like 20 times, (not shade I love vkl just for comparison purposes) don’t expect a great “judicial” system on this server

if it doesn’t concern you, or relate to you, why do you care

if hornemans wants to use his moms credit card to donate thousands of dollars to get him unbanned let him be

LOL

smk likes this.
  17. Blue_Marlin

L O L

18. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

It is "Daddy Trumps" credit card, and it is MILLIONS! Get U R facts straight. Thanks.
    Situtations like what? Player bans? No other players besides the parties involved have the right nor deserve any justification as to staff/owner actions. Get over yourselves @Community!
    Ha! Perhaps you would be kind enough to describe in detail what magical lesson everyone should have learned?
    Both of these statements make me laugh, as if you actually read EVERY POST i made on they subject, they all said the EXACT same thing Fuzzlr did!

19. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Get over yourself, Hornemans. You found a loophole and got away with it, I really hope the staff members involved aren't so lenient next time.

agnd, Muunkee, riri30 and 6 others like this.
  20. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

Bans and unbans are not a community issue and frankly it's not any of one players business why another player is banned or unbanned, unless they were directly involved.

Who goes to their local gas station, grocery store, etc, and demands to know who they hire or fire, or what customers they allow in the store?

Klitch, riri30, Kling and 2 others like this.