1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Skyblock Is Broken

Discussion in 'Completed' started by sonofsandy, Feb 6, 2017.

?

Does this bother you too.

1. Yesssss

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nah i like free pickaxes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonofsandy

sonofsandy Popular Meeper

Hello! I play skyblock on Meepcraft along with the other 10 or so of yall. Their are problems that make the experience not enjoyable. My main grievance being the /c or challenge system. It doesn't work and is spamable. I have an infinite supply of EXP and iron pickaxes at a moments notice because of the builder's challenge. In addition completing quest doesn't unlock the next tier of the quest so there is little incentive to complete the quest. It just leaves skyblock feeling like a slow grind to nothing.
    In addition to janky code, the shop is janky as well. In order to get 1 diamond its 17 ish stacks of cobble. While iron is 0.3 of a stack. So there is a huge jump up. The converting cobble to coins is annoying and takes a while. With no way to check the bal.Only being able to sell cobble makes skyblock even more grindy.
    Speaking of grindy- mob grinders (a+ transition) they frankly don't work due to the game mode being easy. It is once an hour I get drops from a standard mob grinder. It's ridiculous.
    In summary, the challenges need to be fixed, the shop needs to be updated with a new way to sell?pricing and the mob spawn rate needs to be buffed. Else the experience is dull and unenjoyable.

Erebus45, KyloMeep, 2leah2 and 5 others like this.
  2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Is this more of a suggestion ?

I fully get your points, and I agree these are things that could be done to make it more enjoyable.

3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Is /coins not working to check your balance? And a lot of these things are just making skyblock how it was before the reset, this should be being worked on (but skyblock takes forever to be adjusted on this server).

What do you suggest for a trade instead of cobblestone? We can't just remove it because it's grindy, you gotta suggest something.

4. sonofsandy

sonofsandy Popular Meeper

Just sharing some of my grievances- Suggestions would have been a good addition you are correcI'll consolidate my suggestions to bullet points.
    • Have more things to buy and sell in the shop (Sell: wood/crops Buy: ores, horse stuff, ect.)
    • New: Spawners in premium shop (eh?) or priced very height (20 stacks of cobble in coins)
    • Faster Selling of Items (*click* *drag* *click* *drag* *click* doing this over x17 is annoying)
    • Adjust pricing to better reflect time to obtain (3hrs for 2 diamonds and 4 obsidian is ridiculous)
    • Fix challenge system to work the way its intended (tier unlocks/ no non-material quest spamming)
    • More mobs (difficulty: Hard)
    • New: 80$ rank in sky block gets you essentially nothing useful like in regular (add: /heal /feed /fix and maybe /kit)
    • New: Add more player shop support (area explaining for newer players)
    • New: /island should bring up "/is cp" not do the job of /is go
    • New: Could have major ramification for the rest of the economy but having meebles tied in would make it connected and not a solo thing - of course, this could be unhealthy for eco just and idea
    • New: /coins is never told would be nice but its small
    • New: Spawn is pretty bad - adding market not a fair walk away would be good - so would trading rooms, parkour, and pvp area etc.
    • New: /trade or whatever the command is should be added (could be in but I can't check rn)
    • New: Could be already in but can't check - Skyblock global chat (/shout is for all)
    • New: The cobble gens spawning random ores (very small chance like 2% for iron then 1% for gold then .5% for lapis etc.)
    • New: Voting rewards none for sky block at the moment (at least in my test)
    These are just some suggestions and I understand that what I suggest may be already implemented or game changing. Thanks for the replies!

5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Moved to suggestions for you!
    There's world chat with /w (message).

Here's the Trello card for Skyblock.

6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

New: Spawners in premium shop (eh?) or priced very height (20 stacks of cobble in coins)

I haven't been playing much since meep reset, but I know from playing meep skyblock for 3 years that cobble is. It that hard to get. Get yourself a god pickaxe, a decent cobble gen (5spawning blocks and hopper method is simple and efficient) and a good movie or YouTube video and you got yourself a double chest or two from holding that clicker and checking durability every so often. I suggest if spawners are added to the skyblock shop that it be atleast 36 stacks (an inv) of cobble.

The only other one I disagree with is the ore one, you don't want to do a low chance of getting minerals, as that would practically ruin the shop system in skyblock. Plus this would take a long time to code, and copies a more popular skyblock server.

For all the others, they are already things, were things that were overlooked, or I support. +1

7. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

Skyblock is currently in the process of being rebalanced, and completely redone. When this is completed there will be a total reset of skyblock I believez

8. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Can it be a higher priority then? You are telling us there is no point to playing skyblock for a few months until you guys fix it

9. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

It is an extremely high priority, given that it is one of our major game modes. (Contrary to Trello) However to properly get the job done so it will not be revisited it takes some time. I appreciate your patience in this process, considering you seem to be highly interested in skyblock. Apologies for any inconveniences the rework may cause you.

Edit: Just to clarify this does not dessesary guarantee a reset, but likely.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    smk and sonofsandy like this.
  10. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Skyblock is pretty much almost 100% ready to go and is nearing completion so im gonna go ahead and move this to completed! Good luck :)

Natsu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.