1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Simple tax system change.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by twomoo1119, Sep 9, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which system is best?

1. Communism

2. Capitalism

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Please just allow us to make our taxes negative meebles. It would be amoozing and actually applicable in some scenarios as the one I find myself in. It should be as simple as removing 1-2 lines of code.

Thx
    -twomoo
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 9, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 9, 2018 ---
    Also i tracked down the location of the code and its simple enough that I could do it myself in a minute, removing the code really wont break anything for those concerned.

2. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Not that I dislike the idea, but I'd like to point out that this could create a nightmare for staff. If a co-mayor of a large town chose to, they could set the taxes to a large negative number which would destroy the town. What are staff supposed to do in that situation after banning the player?

3. twomoo1119

Co mayors can unclaim all the plots in a town and kick all the residents, the co mayor already is in a situation to kill the town. If you want, you can also have a minimum similarily to how taxes cant be above 3500 maybe they also cant be below -3500?

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Or they could just withdraw the town balance.

CasualNuker likes this.
  5. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Honestly this idea is gonna kill big towns ex legend does -2k tax they will die shortly

6. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Good idea, I'm sure it could be useful it a handful of situations.
    Valid point, but this doesn't benefit the co-mayor at all, and mayors can probably pick their co's more carefully than that.
    As for further action beyond a ban, the co-mayor can be fined and the town refunded. There are very few ways to use this to break the rules, and all of them are detectable and manageable as far as I can see.

SuperDyl likes this.
  7. twomoo1119

They doesnt force towns to make their taxes negative, it just gives them the option to

CluelessKlutz and Marshy_88 like this.
  8. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

We don't see much reason to implement this, and we have many other fixes to worry about first.
    Thank you for the suggestion, but this is denied.

SuperDyl likes this.