1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Simple Nation Improvements

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Vamp1re_Man, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

So I recently bought a nation in gamma, and after having a play with some of the commands, I realized that some improvements were needed.
    • Titles
    Right now, titles (and surnames) have literally no purpose. They don't show up on /res, unlike the regular mayor and king titles (Viscount, Lord, God Emperor, etc.), but more importantly, don't show when you talk in nation or town chat! I remember way back that this used to be a feature, but for some reason it was removed? So my first suggestion is that nation titles show in nation (and possibly town) chat.
    • Helpers
    There are two nation ranks: assistant and helper. Nation assistants show up when you type /n [nation] just like with towns. However, helpers do not. My suggestion is that nation helpers are either shown on /n, or a command is added to view all of the helpers in the nation. It's kinda frustrating forgetting whether or not you made someone helper in the nation, or how many helpers there are total.
    • /n online
    Currently, /n online will only show the king and assistants. Simple fix for this one: make it show everyone in the nation. If I want to see who I can talk to in nation chat, what we have right now does not work.
    • Inviting
    When inviting new towns, it is possible to invite towns that are already in a nation and invite towns where no one is online to accept or deny the invitation. Pretty easy fix for this one: make it so that you can only invite towns without a nation that have a mayor online.

Thankyou for reading through my suggestion, feel free to add anything below :)

2. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

I can't seem to find a guide with nations...

What's the difference between a nation helper and assistant?

I agree with your suggestions :)

+1

SuperDyl and Vamp1re_Man like this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Is already on trello
    Tbh I didn't even know this rank existed lol

These two are more like bugs I think... But +1 anyways

4. Vamp1re_Man

I'm pretty sure that helper gets /n add and assistant gets /n kick but I'm not 100% sure.

SuperDyl and Natsu like this.
  5. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

+1
    I see no cons of this and nations is kinda bugged in a way

SuperDyl and CluelessKlutz like this.
  6. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I really like the idea of improving the purpose to Nations. There have been a few other ideas suggested for Nations that would improve them even further than this.

If Towny is the focus of the server, then development of it should be paramount. Nations don't really do anything except let you claim more plots, which isn't worth the money.

Vamp1re_Man and Natsu like this.
  7. Vamp1re_Man

I agree, nations really don't have much of a purpose and I have some other ideas for nations which I might post later.
    This suggestion was for the obvious stuff that I don't think anyone would disagree with.

SuperDyl and KittyKat999 like this.
  8. KittyKat999

KittyKat999 Popular Meeper

+1

You have been approved officially as non-rantable!

I am KittyKat999 and I approve of this message.

9. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

10. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Completed!

SuperDyl likes this.