1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

ShadowVirus52's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by ShadowVirus52, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowVirus52

ShadowVirus52 Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: ShadowVirus52

Skype Username: ShadowVirus52

Teamspeak Username: ShadowVirus52

Mic use: Always

Timezone: GMT+1

Hours online per weekday: 2-3

Hours online per weekend: 4-6

Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction:

Hello , my name is James. Many people just call me "Shadow". Ever since I have joined Meepcraft, I have enjoyed playing every second I spent on the server. I have been a Helper now for over one month. I have gotten to know people that I wouldn’t have had the chance to talk with yet alone to know them.

I am very active not only in game but on Teamspeak too. I help people on Teamspeak and I resolve issues people have. I think Teamspeak is very beneficial as it is a much easier way to contact a person than typing.

Why I should be a Mod?:

As a Helper, I have learned the skills necessary for a helper to know. I feel that I can take on the next step, becoming a mod. I feel confident with what I have learned as a Helper and I know how to put these skills to work. With the new skills I would like to help people more and as a mod, become even more helpful in the community and contribute more time to make the server better. I have been getting mods+ to issue bans that I need, but having the ability to ban someone without interrupting other staff will free up time. I dedicate a lot of time towards moderating.

Weaknesses:

Sometimes when I'm in the middle of doing modreqs, I often have people messaging me who are in need of help. So I would temporarily leave the modreq for a few minutes only if the person who filled the modreq is offline.

Another of my weaknesses is Forum work. I am active on the Forums but I am still working on doing more.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I think I am well suited for the position for Moderator and I enjoy working with the staff as a team. I look forward to helping you in the future! Thank you for taking your time to read my application.

DianaB72 likes this.
  2. Netrarc

Netrarc Popular Meeper

You are active on Teamspeak and in-game, your timezone allows you to be on the server when many other staff members are asleep, and you're an all-around good guy. +1

3. LR_Davius

LR_Davius Celebrity Meeper

This looks like word for word your previous application. Any confirmation on this please?

Your weakness isn't a weakness.
    You obviously didn't listen to anything I said on your last application, because this is under par.

chaos546 likes this.
  4. VKL_ReWinDzz

VKL_ReWinDzz Guest

You're a good guy, and a good Helper. Activity is good.

+1 for interview and mainly for a free like.

ShadowVirus52 likes this.
  5. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

The application seems very small when looked at from a glance and doesn't contain much information. I've seen your work in game, and I know that I don't see you much because of the timezone difference. Only thing I would work on is forum activity in topics not relating to staff. Other than that, a +1 for interview from me!

6. Dart_Knight

Dart_Knight Popular Meeper

+1,
    - Experience
    - Increased activity in shout!
    - Knows his things
    - Mature, nice

Only problem is the app and your forums activity, but it isn't hindering my opinion, I believe you are ready for moderator!

7. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

Based on just your application, -1. But I'm not active in-game, so I'll trust Dart on this one.

8. TitanCookie

TitanCookie Active Meeper

Application length = -1
    TS = +1
    In game = +1
    Friendliness = +1

Total = +3

GO GO SHADOW U CAN DOOO THISSSS

9. Gh05t

Gh05t Popular Meeper

+1, going off of what Dart said.

10. Woodchip123456

Woodchip123456 Celebrity Meeper

+1 Helpful, nice and mature. Your timezone helps as well, as there don't seem to be that many staff on when we are.

11. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

+1, I haven't seen you much myself but I've still noticed an improvement, especially from reading thr other reviews.

Good luck.

12. Nachzerhrer

Nachzerhrer Popular Meeper

+0.

-1 for application. It was short, and contained little to no information about yourself, your abilities, or skills you've acquired. You mentioned you learned "new skills", would you like to share them? When writing an application, you want show why you're qualified, and would overall be a benefit to the staff team. You didn't do that.

Like LR_Davius said, your weakness was not a weakness. If the person you're doing the modreq for is offline, there's no problem helping someone in /msg.

+1 for in-game activity, and efficiency.

I'm trusting Dart_Knight and others when they say you are good at what you do.

The application process is the one of the most important things about staff on a server. On the server I was previously involved in, I obtained an administrator position, and the first thing I did was increase the standards of applications. It was amazing how much time and grief this saved us. There were many people we found later to be griefers, theives, and hackers that had written an application that would have been accepted had the standards not been changed.

I believe the application process for Helper-Mod should separate the good from the best, and your application is very poor.

Pyramid_Head and VKL_ReWinDzz like this.
  13. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

I honestly think the effort put into this application was lacking.
    +1 for in game behavior
    -1 for application

14. shains

shains never stop fighting

+1 you're getting out of your shell in game, and you're always on TS. I'd hope to see a bit more work out of you, though, shadow. Bump up that modreq count.

15. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

+1.
    You're ready.

16. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

+/- 0

Your app was very short.

17. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

Meath sux.

Jk jk, we've had rough times in past but it's a +1 from me!

18. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

+/-o You seem like a good guy from what everyone else says, but your app was a bit short.

19. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

accepted for interview

ShadowVirus52 and Dart_Knight like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.