1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Samsung and Apple

Discussion in 'Debates' started by IzzSt, Apr 6, 2018.

?

Samsung or Apple?

1. Samsung

59.1%
  2. Apple

40.9%
  1. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

For years Samsung (i.e the better company personal bias) has been at a war with Apple for many of these products, I want to know what you guys think.
    iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Apple TV vs Samsung TV
    Accessories and everything!

FamousZAmos likes this.
  2. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

I personally have a note 8, my brother and sister have galaxy s9s and my mum has a galaxy s8. Apple iphones have only just got wireless charging, you either have to choose facial recognition or finger print. Samsung has both, plus iris scanning. The iphone X screen comes from Samsung. The notch looks terrible and doesnt have expandable storage. Oh, forgot about the fact that it doesn't have a home button either? Wow. Takes a good few seconds to close apps, way longer than the note 8 and it even after you use 'Face ID' you have to swipe up.
    I'm sorry, but you'll never see me with an Iphone in my hand.
    Apple TV isn't even a TV but samsungs have QLED and Oled TVs which along with LG currently, have the best picture quality. Apple outsource to LG for their mac screens and Samsung for their phone screens. Just says everything

iKitten, J055Y_, FamousZAmos and 2 others like this.
  3. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

Samsung also has many more house and useful items, I have a SAMSUNG Robot vacuum in my house, and guess what! It doesn't even drain power (battery run) Very efficient and time saving.
    (Microwaves, Printers, Dishwashers,) does apple have any of these?

(and no I didn't make an apple rant thread)

iKitten, EllieEllie and KyloMeep like this.
  4. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

I've had both and I'll never go back to Apple. My galaxy s8 is the smoothest phone I've ever used and I love all the things I can do with it

iKitten, J055Y_, Muunkee and 3 others like this.
  5. Blue_Marlin

Blue_Marlin Popular Meeper

I like Apple phones but Windows computers. I have a MacBook Pro & I absolutely hate it, but I also have a toshiba and I love it. The only difference is I haven’t found a computer as fast as my Mac, but I hate everything about it besides the speed. I’m thinking about selling my Mac & getting a better windows laptop.

KyloMeep and FamousZAmos like this.
  6. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Until I can torrent music easily onto an iphone, I'll be a samsung fella.

Computer-wise, macs are light years behind the perfection that was windows 7, and additionally you have to use cheap apple hardware. The mice are slow and feel awkward imo. The keyboards are outright unresponsive. Unless editing videos, there's no need for macs. Basic competency nearly ensures you won't get a virus on windows, so that can hardly be considered a selling point anymore.

Linux unfortunately falls victim to a vicious cycle of "nobody uses Linux because nothing supports Linux --> nobody makes things for Linux because nobody uses it."

7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Not really bothered as long as I can make calls, text, go on the net and listen to music I'm good.

Lilliya, FamousZAmos and Blue_Marlin like this.
  8. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

try an alienware desktop/laptop desktop has more customization but adds the extra cost of (a) monitor(s), and a keyboard. (didn't mention mouse because playing with a mousepad is essentially lord's favorite adjective: aids)
    Oh and +1 for samsung

9. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Stay away from Alienware. Sorry but they're wayyy over priced

J055Y_, Lilliya, PixelPooter and 2 others like this.
  10. Blue_Marlin

Apple Music. It’s $10 a month & it’s unlimited everything & as soon as a new album comes out, you have it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 12, 2018 ---
    Aren’t these like $4,000?

11. PixelPooter

PixelPooter Celebrity Meeper

Depends on the type of hardware you get. More powerful hardware = higher price tag. Alienware Desktops start at $899.99, while laptops start at $1099.99. The new laptops with the latest 8th generation Intel CPU (and supposedly upgraded cooling) start at $1449.99 (If you ask me, they're overpriced just like any other prebuilts/gaming laptops.)

Blue_Marlin and KyloMeep like this.
  12. Blue_Marlin

True, I’m not very tech savvy so I’m not sure of all the details/pricing, I just know a lot of gamers use those kinds of laptops & I thought they were realllllly expensive. But that price isn’t bad. I paid $400 for my toshiba lol but it only lasted me really well for a good 2 ish maybe 3 years (its starting to die on me now) & my mac was $1,200 (I believe) but I’ve only had that one for a little over a year. I got it for my graduation/going to college gift so I’m not sure of the price. I would never buy another Mac tho, I like windows PC better.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  13. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

1; I listen to really obscure music that's rarely on ITunes

2; 10$/month is still pretty expensive when I could convert it from youtube for free

J055Y_ likes this.
  14. Blue_Marlin

lol as I said before, I’m really not tech savvy so I wouldn’t know how to convert anything haha, & my brother listens to crazy music, so he feels your pain.

FamousZAmos likes this.
  15. MeepLord27

MeepLord27 Popular Meeper

Approx 1 tax cut per computer

FamousZAmos and Blue_Marlin like this.
  16. Blue_Marlin

Right off as a business purchase ;)

FamousZAmos likes this.
  17. EnergyAssassin

EnergyAssassin nerd Staff Member Administrator

They both suck. Google, Motorola, HTC

18. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Hahahaha funny. How does Samsung suck when they've literally made and rated the best flagship smartphone this year which is the S9+. HTC can't make a phone to save their lives, Motorola is bottom end android phones and Google don't even make their phones. The Pixel 2 (none XL) was made by HTC which is why it is bad and the + version burns in. Ooof
    Just ask @Kling how his pixel experience has been so far :)

19. Blue_Marlin

Someone knows their stuff!!

KyloMeep likes this.
  20. PixelPooter

PixelPooter Celebrity Meeper

D: kylo y u do dis
    no u

iKitten and KyloMeep like this.