1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

RTU 2020

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by CasualNuker, Apr 26, 2020.

1. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

"Today, the world is facing the biggest global pandemic of modern history.
    And as we all play our part in stopping the spread of the virus, sadly too people have lost their lives or loved ones to it.

With the power of music, we can unite and raise money for a good cause. That's why together with the ‘COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO: Basscraft Live is presenting for the first time a charity event in aid for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Communal Support and Research for 133 country’s around the world. The money will be going towards WHO & Artists who are currently suffering from this pandemic.

Its with your support that we can pull this off- On May 15/16th 2020, Please donate as much as you can on Hydra Fundraiser to help fund talented artists organized by Michael Wojcik

We can’t wait to see you guy at the festival so we can party for a good cause." 1BA256F9-E37B-4AD5-9EB3-7A9CFF66E10D.jpeg

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

The donate link does not take you to a donate page, just so you know

CasualNuker and LordMellow like this.
  3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I know working on it with the company CEO. It’ll be fixed shortly.

LordMellow and Pmx728 like this.
  4. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

This is cool Nuker good luck

5. LordMellow

LordMellow SuperMellow

What a great cause! Thank you for sharing it with the meepcraft community.

6. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

This looks awesome, Nuker!

Pmx728, LordMellow and CasualNuker like this.
  7. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

The question i was taught to ask about charities in the military:

What percent of my donation goes to the actual charity and what percent goes to pay the people running it?

In no way, shape, or form am I trying to criticize your charity! Please don't think that! I just want to make sure you understand something that i didn't understand until i was well into my 20's about how charities work: the people that run them, usually pay themselves to run them. Fund raising staff often gets paid, sometimes very generously.

I'd just assumed everyone working for a charity was a volunteer and every dollar donated went entirely to the charity. (which isn't true)

Easy to read table of top charities from 2010:

America's Top 50 charities: How well do they rate? - The Christian Science Monitor

Highest paid CEO: $4 million dollars a year. Average CEO salary, around $400,000-$500,000.
    Better % of $ spent on programs > 88%. Worse % of $ spent on programs < 80%. The worst one was 36.8% (that means for every dollar, $0.732 of it went to paying themselves, the rest left over went to the actual charity.)

Here's another one, current from 2019 but harder to read as it has a lot of layers:

America's Top Charities 2019

The #1 charity "United Way" the top salary and benefits was $1.6 million to a single individual.

I tried to DM this to you (CasualNuker) but you have your privacy settings set that i can't. So i posted this as reply.

I hope you find this information informative and helpful! :)

*edit* I found it! sorry, my research skills are blah. here's the percentages for this charity!!

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF EACH DONATION WILL GO TO THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION?
    100% of donations made through the various donation platforms go to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.

95% of donations made to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund will go to WHO or partners like UNICEF and CEPI, as requested by WHO, for response efforts, with 5% used by the UN Foundation to cover the costs of transactions.

To cover its administrative charges, Swiss Philanthropy Foundation will take a contribution of 4% for amounts donated through the fund up to CHF 5 million, followed by 2% of funds donated up to CHF 10 million, followed by 1% of funds above that amount. To cover its administrative charges, Transnational Giving Europe will take a contribution of 5% for amounts donated via a local Transnational Giving Europe partner up to EUR 100,000 then 1% beyond that, capped at EUR 15,000.

95% of funds donated through the Japan Center for International Exchange (JCIE), will go to WHO.

---
    so like, 91-94%. that's super good!
    ---
    edit: there is a link to donate directly to the fund itself. Your fundraising person maybe taking an additional % for themselves for raising the money. idk.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    GroovyGrevous, IzzSt and qazini like this.
  8. michaelwojcik2

michaelwojcik2 Well-Known Meeper

Hey! So, i forgot i had a account on here. Sorry :(

Thanks Nuker for posting this. About 3 years ago i think it was now, we did a music show called BSC which is a internet music festival that goes around multiple minecraft servers and we have fun. I posted originally that link, well to be honest its a placeholder. As im trying to currently find donation links so it wont be final. But yea, the whole goal is this is a really sad time in the world, and honestly, i wanted to do another show on meep since its been so so long. And Nuker has been nagging me constantly about it. So yea, whats gonna happen is on the 15th and 16th of May, were gonna do a small drop party. People can come in, were gonna be selling tickets for in game money. I will announce pricing ASAP i promise. But it will be like 0-250$ (in game) for a General ticket. And about $2000 for a VIP ticket, that will allow you access to a special seating area, and early access. I wana take the in-game money we raise from the event, convert it to USD and donate it to musical artists who are currently struggling from this. To also answer your question, im generally not a person that likes taking money for myself especially under a title like this because a) its wrong, b) there are other people in the world who really need it. Hydra Music Records is just the label/brand I run, its mainly an indie label but still. We got a few artists so i may be bringing them along just for fun to perform.

Your stats are pretty interesting and i'm really happy to see people in here taking this seriously! Thanks for the info dude!
    Probably, were gonna post the WHO link officially for people to donate. But yea, if you want numbers from us, we will post them, and if we do use our link. About 80% will be going towards WHO and probably 20% would be going towards musical artists, (in general terms) & from our label who really do need it. I will guarantee this, this is a 100% not for profit event. And honestly, even if you just come for the drop party. As long as your enjoying yourself and having fun. It is gonna be a great event, I will post lineup/poster and time information. The above is a preview of the MainStage and well... if you guys have any questions. Hmu :)

Once again, thanks to Nuker for sponsoring this thing. Its gonna be fun. And hopefully this horrible tragedy will be over soon :(

Pmx728 and CasualNuker like this.
  9. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Sounds like the nuker we all know and love

10. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

Our tax dollars are already wasted by the WHO, idk why we’d give them any more money.

Courtneyyy and CluelessKlutz like this.
  11. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

The WHO doesn't have a tax base. They are the "Worldwide Health Organization." A multinational organization founded in 1948 as a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerened with international health. [Google]

The United Nations was founded in October of 1945 in San Francisco, CA (United States.) Almost exactly 1 month after the end of World War 2. It was founded to essentially prevent World War 3 from happening by maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations and promoting social progress, better living standards and human rights. [Google]

Concering Covid-19 taken from [who.int]

• A pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan, China was first reported to the WHO Country Office in China on 31 December 2019.

... ...

• The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020.

... ...

• On 11 February 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19.

12. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

By the way do you know about this country called Taiwan?

13. ldaffodil

ldaffodil Popular Meeper

I read up on it a little. Seems like a lot of political tension surrounding it. If you want to discuss Taiwan, perhaps a new thread? I'll keep an eye out for it.

14. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Nope. Just in case you wanted to know why the WHO isn't the perfect organization you think it is, you can read about it here

Meznik likes this.
  15. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

Who do you think is the largest donor to the UN and the WHO? (It's the United States government)

Who do you think funds the United States government? (It's the American taxpayer)

Both the UN and WHO are giant money pits that ignore countries committing massive human rights violations. I for one don't support any multi-nation organization that gives totalitarian governments a seat at the table and pretends they do no wrong.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  16. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Why does this sound like it's:
    • A) a money laundering scheme
    • B) against server rules
    • C) a club penguin charity event
    Did you two run a music event a few years ago? I remember crashing it with others and you guys rage quiting. It's a nice idea to try and host a charitable event but please this is not going to end differently than before.

If you mean skulls, dunno the conversion rate to USD. If you mean meebles, I remember like two years ago $10 USD was like 400k meebles (if you could even get someone to do that trade because, ya know, it's bannable).

17. michaelwojcik2

First of all, come or not. That's your choice.

Second of all.. Donations are for a reason. (its not mandatory, and its there if you would like to support the cause and the event we are hosting)

Come or not, I just wanted to host something fun. The funds will go towards artists who are playing on my radioshow's event and to those struggling because of the pandemic. I am doing this as a way of helping out, giving a voice, giving out practically just an open event for people to tune in and listen while In Real Life events are not happening. No, its not a scam. Its just something I'm wanting to do generally because I'm a wholesome person. That's just who I am. If you feel that what I am doing is scamming, then I understand your concern. But if I genuinely wanted to run a scam. I think there would be a high chance of me getting in trouble or getting caught for doing an action like this.

My main goal here is I would like to run a drop party this Saturday for an hour or two. Drop some cool items, and just have fun as a community. Come or not, Support it or not. That is your choice, None of this is for a profit, I am not earning anything off of this.

Thank You.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2020, Original Post Date: May 15, 2020 ---
    Also.... You wont need to pay any ticket money for this event if your on meep. Using meep credits. Last time was different as we had no in-game money and building a stage was expensive.

18. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

that sounds like something a scammer would say!

19. michaelwojcik2

Then... don't... donate?? Simple, don't like it, don't need to support it. I'm not forcing, bribing... nothing...

All I really care, if you are interested. Is come down, enjoy a free drop party this Saturday. Gonna try giving away a few items, and hope you guys like it. And if you like electronic music, there's a stream on YouTube were doing.

20. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]
    Sick event guys, glad I could perform. Gotta give it a 3/5 tho :(