1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

RossCoombs - Helper -> Moderator application.

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by RossCoombs, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RossCoombs

RossCoombs Popular Meeper

In Game Name: RossCoombs
    Skype Username: coombs.ross
    Teamspeak Username: RossCoombs
    Mic use: I use my mic often, but might be getting a new one due to quality J
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Hours online per weekday: At the moment, around 8+ hours per day, could go down when I’m back to school, but I will stay active.
    Hours online per weekend: At the moment, this is around the same, maybe 10+ hours… Could change in a few weeks, but not that much.
    Position Changes: Helper -> Moderator
    Introduction: Most of you know me, I’m Ross. Not much to say about me really, other than I’m 14, and I like computers! I plan to join the RAF as an Air Traffic Controller maybe when I’m in my twenties, and then plan to work as an ATC outside of the RAF. Then I want to do more with coding, my dream being to work for Google. One day… One day.

I’ve been playing Minecraft for just over a year, and meepcraft isn’t too different. I joined meepcraft, and thought it was amazing, and then I got to know people, and started getting known in shout. This was around December/January time earlier this year. I originally joined in October 2012. I played meepcraft lots, up until the MN era, where I quit, but joined back on the 13th of July, and applied for staff a week later, getting accepted into the staff team on the 24th.

Why you should be Mod?

I feel I am very dedicated to MeepCraft. I am on Meep for most of my day, and I really have gotten to know the community. I read shout most of the time, and I feel I am good at moderating the shout channel. If I see anything offensive, or breaking the rules, I will always try to make sure it is dealt with, but, as any human being, I make mistakes. I have slipped up on maybe one or two kicks during my time as a staff member. I check on modreqs most of the time, but since the server split for the worlds has come into play, there has been a little bit of confusion due to modreqs not working properly cross-server. I have completed around 250-300 modreqs, but believe in Quality > Quantity. I always try to talk to the filer of the modreq, so that I am sure they are comfortable with my response, and in some cases I will even /tpa to them so that I can have a better understanding of the situation and they can see what I am doing. As well as modreqs, I have helped out with other situations; such as finding exploiters, dealing with grief and theft issues and also keeping an eye out for hackers/x-rayers. Having the extra perms of a Moderator will make my job a lot easier, as there will be less time consumed by getting higher members of staff to come to me to give out a ban.

Weaknesses:

Now, this is a hard one for me. So, I’m going to go for something I’ve picked up as staff. During my time as staff, a small weakness that may not really mean too much for some people is that I tend to forget some policy. Say someone shouted 3 caps, and the policy is to kick/warn at over three words, sometimes I will end up issuing the kick. Also, I forget to warn people before kicking, as it is usually the veterans I seem to have to kick, the ones that know better, but these are little things that I am sure I would be able to improve in the future.

Conclusion:

I feel that becoming a moderator wouldn’t just benefit me, making it easier to deal with situations, but it would benefit a lot of the community. Being in the timezone I am in, there aren’t that many staff members online in the mornings, especially Moderators or higher.

Happy meeping! :D

2. MrJoe223

MrJoe223 Popular Meeper

I'm going to give you a +.5

You haven't been a Helpar for too long, but you've been a good one.

RossCoombs likes this.
  3. Simon98721

Simon98721 Meeper

+1 I think you are very helpful in game and very active. You would make a good moderator :D

RossCoombs likes this.
  4. marvelgamer13

marvelgamer13 Popular Meeper

+1 You're very active on /shout and you've been a good helper. I'd love to see you become a mod ;)

RossCoombs likes this.
  5. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

You are very active in /shout, but idk, I think you should wait a bit. I'm for a +.5

RossCoombs likes this.
  6. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

There have been Helpers with less experience as a Helper than him that good promoted.

+1.

However, I'd like to see a little more work done outside of (EDIT) modreqs.:D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    RossCoombs likes this.
  7. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

Most helpers attempt to make a mod app within 2 weeks exactly, not sure if you did that but you're quite experienced.
    +1.
    But try to be more active on the fourms. :)
    EDIT: I didn't see your posts... lol. I should be more active.

RossCoombs likes this.
  8. RossCoombs

May I ask what you mean? :p

9. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

Meh, what I meant to say was a little more work aside from modreqs, where we can't see stuff you do. Such as work with guides, more posting on staff apps, etc.

RossCoombs likes this.
  10. 7acespade

7acespade Celebrity Meeper

Its a wonder why you arent promoted already, very helpful. +

+

RossCoombs likes this.
  11. The_Squirrelman

The_Squirrelman Popular Meeper

Ross, glad you applied. First, your app.

I loved the details pertaining to staff work, explanation on your specialties, and overall quality material. In game, you've always got a case, and you're always catching dupers, cheaters, hackers, ad related with your time. Overall, your investigative qualities are amazing. My only qualm is that you seem to be little immature, or playful, making funny comments during serious talks. However, I think you're making an effort to improve that, so you get a +1 from me!

12. Jaruv

Jaruv Popular Meeper

This is one of the best apps I'v seen, I know you have been an extremely good helper and I think you will be a great mod.
    +5

13. RossCoombs

Thank you all for your responses/feedback :D

Once again, classic Squirrelman! Putting in 110% on anything, even replying to applications. Thank you for the feedback squirrell:)
    I am trying to improve on the immaturity, but sometimes it's fun to have a laugh, although as you said, not in serious talks.

14. marvelgamer13

marvelgamer13 Popular Meeper

Sorry that I'm posting again, just saying other stuff :3 I saw you IG a couple of days ago, before I got sick, and that was good for this app. I also see you on the forums a lot, so that's also good. I've only seen you once on TS, probably my fault. I notice you said that your mic didn't have good quality? Your sound when I heard you did sound a bit odd, but you were on TS nevertheless, and that was good. You are deserving to become a mod, but I do think this application was a bit early on, but it was great! Hopefully you become a mod! :D

15. XxNine_TailsxX

XxNine_TailsxX Legendary Meeper

Becuase i can.

Mjr_Minor and RossCoombs like this.
  16. Sjoeppappentrap

Sjoeppappentrap Sjoeppappentrap Elder

Hey #TimezoneStaffBuddy,

Finally you did apply! Well since I'm staff (very short period) you are the only one that comes online a lot in my TZ. We're dealing every day with loads of advertisements/raging/sexual content/ ... . What can we do as a helper ? /kick ... and let them return to do it all over. So I'm suppahappy that you applied for moderator!
    Last days I've been seeing you more and more on forums and you're activity in shout is impressive ;). And you were helping everybody out of their problems as a Helper supposed to do!

Definitely a +1!

RossCoombs likes this.
  17. Tasmiki

Tasmiki Celebrity Meeper

I really liked this app, I think you are a very good helper and I think you are worthy enough of moderator. +1

18. FluffbearRCT

FluffbearRCT Popular Meeper

+1 for mod but you know what I'm gonna say if you apply for anything higher.

19. RossCoombs

Thank you all for your responses and feedback, means a lot:D

20. matt391416

matt391416 Celebrity Meeper

-1 I never seen you really help, sometimes I think that that they may be bias I may be wrong. That's my opinion. No criticism please.

savvvy420 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.