1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Revise Supply drop

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Acceleradiance, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Lidsmxf anvz kgie hgi ewmikv kmfb zxv hgi jim

1. 5

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. I'm not going to waste my time to answer this stupid poll

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Gsn wmxiwfyzbf. M yoc lfddh kvzx kvhw nctpu pd jrf geirdv kc citcci?

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. 0

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. 5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. 8/3

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Acceleradiance

Acceleradiance Celebrity Meeper

Background
    The supply drop is depicted as a treasure chest that regenerates in a random location at /warp wild in intervals of approximately thirty minutes. When a supply drop is not found within the set interval, it despawns and a new one is generated. Inside these chests is randomized loot that frequently consists of cactus, gems, and diamond armor. Players can occasionally compete for this chest by tracking it with the command /supplydrop.
    Problem
    I took a quick sample of three supply drops, and the loot is shown below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Using average prices from various shops and vshop, each supply drop can reach up to a value of $500 each. To many people, this amount of profit is not much, and can easily be emulated by easier and more entertaining methods. Acknowledging the fact that the chest appears once every thirty minutes and navigating wild to search for it can be quite annoying, many people do not choose to use the supply drop as a source of supplies or income. For this reason, the supply drop has gotten less popular and often takes up chat by stating:
    [​IMG]

Changes/Proposition
    To encourage players to compete for the supply drop and make the challenge worthwhile, the value of the loot found in the treasure chest should be drastically increased. This can either be done by increasing the frequency of each item possible to be found in a supply drop, or by adding new items that allow players to interact with the economy more. To prevent the items from losing value from being so common in these chests, the times at which the supply drop respawns should also be greatly increased, preferably to a series of set times throughout the day, once every day or even once every week. This will encourage players to go to wild and compete for this special chest, making the supply drop system more efficient and useful. Additionally, the interaction between players during competition may cause players to gather more supplies to engage in PvP, encouraging the circulation of more combat-related items that have also lost their popularity with terrarium.

It should also be noted that with the current fifty-block radius, the supply drop can be found quite easily, even with the anti-xray plugin that temporarily hides the chest from a distance. To make this feat more challenging, extra obstacles should be added, such as an increased radius, more frequent/enhanced mobs, etc. If possible or easy enough to do, the supply drop should also be able to spawn below the surface, giving a longer interval of time for players to engage with each other. Finally, to prevent the distribution of an unfair advantage to ranked players, the /dis plugin should be disabled in the region during the time the supply drop is active. Using these methods just as an example, I believe that the supply drop can be made more beneficial to the economy and the community.
    Summary
    The value of the items found in the supply drop should be increased, with the time between each new generation decreased. This is to encourage combat-related and economic interaction between players. The supply drop should be depicted as a more special event where more players will compete to achieve.

format not stolen from CluelessKlutz

Attached Files:

OKNEM, Flamedemond2, Erebus45 and 8 others like this.
  2. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

I do like this idea in general, I feel that a more popular supply drop would be nice, but I'm having trouble imagining it in action. It might also make it troublesome for newer players who wouldn't expect such a showdown and just wanted to find this chest. It might discourage some who were killed when not expecting it, and rage quit. I'm not exactly sure what I think about every single change, but I do think that this would be a really neat thing to look into. Probably not in the near future, however, seeing our current tech capabilities.

Acceleradiance likes this.
  3. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

I completely agree that the current supply drop loot really isn't worth the time and effort that you need to put in to find it. I reckon it would be cool if we included a chance for custom items to spawn too (grappling hook, etc.), which would really encourage lots of players to hunt for the supply drop. Increased/enhanced mob spawns is a great idea and could possibly tie in with this suggestions for custom mobs which I think would be pretty cool.

Erebus45 and EllieEllie like this.
  4. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

+1 supplydrops could have more meaning, and I agree, but it shouldn't spawn too much that it hurts the economy

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

- (-2)

SuperDyl likes this.
  6. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Yaaaas
    I only go for supply drops when I'm getting low on armour. Makes it a chore rather than a fun thing. Although I like treasure hunts, I just wish there was better treasure

Natsu likes this.
  7. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Here you go taking all the wild chests!!

*throws egg*

EllieEllie likes this.
  8. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

to kill each other in the end :D

Vamp1re_Man likes this.
  9. EllieEllie

How dARE you

Natsu likes this.
  10. Deljikho

Deljikho Lazy Swami

*safely catches egg before it hits the ground*

EllieEllie and Natsu like this.
  11. EllieEllie

Natsu and Deljikho like this.
  12. nokes

nokes Popular Meeper

My random screens from 2016 to compare with current supply drops. I think it was nerfed (broken?) after wipe.
    2016-06-05_00.57.30.png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    OKNEM, SuperDyl, cooey and 1 other person like this.
  13. Imperfectly

Imperfectly Celebrity Meeper

You took a screenie of the times you got a supply drop this many times, Niceee.

SuperDyl likes this.
  14. nokes

nokes Popular Meeper

Yes, i was enjoying of huntung treasures before. But atm its waste of time, cause supply drop reward has zero value.

Just compare current supply drop with my 2 last airship runs. (Gold/iron items can be salvaged into ingots).
    2017-03-11_02.49.14.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  15. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Having it once a day/week will inevitably make it impossible for a number of timezones to ever get the chest, unless they are awake at ridiculous times. +1 to the rest though.

OKNEM and SuperDyl like this.
  16. TheTastyNacho

TheTastyNacho Celebrity Meeper

Ok, if people rage quit because they were killed, they should go to anger management class because they need to learn that sometimes you die, and sometimes you thrive. It's Minecraft life and that's that.

I absolutely love this idea. I've never tried to get the chest before because friends told me it sucked. I'd love to see it improved.

SuperDyl likes this.
  17. kirby99

kirby99 Celebrity Meeper

We think this is a great idea. Accepted! Trello

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    OKNEM, nokes and SuperDyl like this.
  18. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Completed.