1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Removing Rules

Discussion in 'Denied' started by junelawnchaired, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Hey, so I know I don't play so much anymore, but I still think about you guys and I thought this might be beneficial.

I believe there should be a major rule revision, including removing theft and grief bans.

Now I know this sounds nutzo, but hear me out. We have a small player base. When we had 600 players regularly, this might have been an OK law, but even then. If someone is to steal from you then they are either a town staff or your friend. If your friends are stealing from you, that's your fault for trusting them. You can dig your stuff in a hole, make an obsidian base, whatever. Removing this will increase the player base because people won't be so dang paranoid about other people stealing from them, and it will remove a lot of drama (I sometimes have nightmares of VKL's stupid "theft" cases with his friends). In the current state of Meep, it would be better to have a "to each their own" rule. Not only that, but this might teach kids a thing or two about trust. It could also make the game more fun (not being constantly policed by staff).

Next, I think we should lift some of the chat bans. We have /google, heck you can even toggle chat from MineCraft completely. There's like 70 people online on a time, so this really isn't an issue in the first place, but I think removing the rule will allow for more adult conversations which is attractive to a lot of the Meep population! "Our kids our growing up," as KlutchDecals once said (paraphrasing but yes).

This might be a bit of a reach, but I think making ban appeals, player reports, and bug reports should be private. They aren't bringing anything positive to the server. Staff shouldn't be influenced by "likes" or receive messages based on their decision. At the end of the day, those three things won't make-or-break someone's willingness to play. If anything, they will be deterred if they see our collection of 1000+ wrong-doers. It's nice to think that people in the community are nice people! And just FYI, y'all can see bugs on the trello. But having them open for everyone to comment/like/judge isn't really beneficial. Again, it isn't doing any harm but it wouldn't hurt to just cut it by the neck, ya feel?

There are probably more rules that could be loosened up. I just think that Meep is indeed "growing up" and so should our rules and the ideology behind them.

Thank you for consideration.

2. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

This would destroy the eco aspect right? like if i trust someone to do a build and ad them on my plot they can steal from me?

3. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

Hello,

Allowing griefing and stealing: heck no way meep doesn't teach kids to steal other people's stuff.

Chat rules: spam is just annoying so it should be banned. Caps is annoying, but I guess it's okay as long as it doesn't exceed 5. Disrespect, threat, shouldn't be allowed. Again, who wants to play on a server where you can threaten people all you want? Sexref, drugref: just poop somewhere else. Jokes: sure

Making appeals/reports private: Appeals: sure. Reports: I stand against it. Someone might be able to supply a critical information or evidence. Bugs: people can share experiences. So no. If the bug can be abused, you are supposed to modreq not share it to the whole community

So over all,

Nice try though

4. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

We aren't teaching them to steal stuff. We're saying take responsibility for your own action.

Chat: If you're threatening people then ya you're banned but if you're saying like f*** then you shouldn't be banned yaknow.

If someone has critical evidence then they should be mentioned in the report. This will prevent false reports as well. Bugs: it's staff's job to investigate, not the players.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2016 ---
    How the heck would this destroy the eco LOL? There is no selling/buying involved in this suggestion. I'm not saying that it's okay to steal or anything, but if you're going to trust someone to your property then they shouldn't steal in the first place. If they do then too bad for you for trusting some idiot internet kid.

5. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

K goodbye building jobs.

... I don't understand your reasoning so I'm leaving this thread.

6. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

I think if you experienced it then you would understand. You're taking my idea to the ultimate extreme. I'm saying that people shouldn't be punished for things that can easily be prevented. You don't let some unknown company build your house. You hire someone who has credibility, then if they rip you off, they've ruined their own reputation, but they still get to play on the server because let's be honest here, we need every player we can get.

7. Splendy

Splendy Celebrity Meeper

I assume what madi was trying to say concerning the language was offensive language as a part of speach = good using it directed towards someone = bad
    Whilst I'd be really happy if this happened I don't think it would be a positive step for the majority of others as after all meep is advertised as a family server.
    I think removing the griefing rule would be awful as it would ruining the jobs of builders and whilst the intentions madi has are good (teaching young kids morales etc) I just don't think it would work out and would cause lots of exploitation of all players.
    So sorry but -1

Toostenheimer and WeAreNumberUno like this.
  8. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I had someone steal over 100k worth of items from me before. And stealing over 100k in items = 7d ban.

I don't like this idea of removing MAJOR rules. Its really not that hard to follow them.
    It was a complete NIGHTMARE making them public again. First off, bug reports should never be private. Some players may have experienced the same bug before. Second, if a player appeals, they won't know if its accepted or not because it was moved to a private section of the forums.

Removing the griefing rule is beyond crazy, by the way.

-1. I disagree with this idea, and I don't like it personally.

9. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

June, you don't even play on meep anymore. I see no reason to have this added, We have rules for a reason to keep our player base safe and friendly. If you want to be able to swear in chat go play on a other server.

Klitch and Toostenheimer like this.
  10. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

I feel like you've lost me.
    Are you sleep deprived, on something, or confused?
    I think your idea was the extreme imo
    No, because these players are what make others quit. Simple math says we don't need them.

Toostenheimer and Splendy like this.
  11. Klitch

Klitch

Toostenheimer and CyborgZeroX like this.
  12. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

But why?
    How would allowing people to steal and curse bring in more players?
    If anything this would do the opposite, lol

Photoave12 and Toostenheimer like this.
  13. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

Denied, please re-appeal in 2 weeks.

14. Klitch

Klitch

Deny accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.