1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove the ability to go back to /warp extreme

Discussion in 'Completed' started by twomoo1119, Apr 4, 2020.

1. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

While I understand being able to go back to /warp extreme makes doing some of the quests quicker to do, it removes any significant chance for local economies to exist and also makes it nearly impossible for proper shops to exist. Trading with towns should require travelling to those towns.

boombox123, IzzSt and Natsu like this.
  2. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

No. This is stupid.

3. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

What if we were to disallow you from dropping items in a certain radius of Extreme spawn?

Marthacuddles and Natsu like this.
  4. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Would just make the game more annoying and less enjoyable

legendcaleb likes this.
  5. Natsu

Natsu Celebrity Meeper

This would nullify any point of the spawn. Disabling the teleportation would give towns closer to portals advantage to different quests.

SpongeyStar likes this.
  6. AwesomeAdoGamer

AwesomeAdoGamer Celebrity Meeper

+1 MeepAnarchy server

7. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I could only see this happening if we made a rail system that can’t be broken and it leaves spawn and branches out to a handful of corners of the map.

8. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Allowing the access to /warp extreme gives a universal null point to start any quest no matter where your town spawn is at, it's also useful for transporting or trading reasons and still provides a little leeway to transporting goods without too much of a risk

qazini likes this.
  9. FatUnicornzz

FatUnicornzz Popular Meeper

Perhaps towns could build extended rail systems that are protected. The details might be hard to sort out.

IFartOnChilren likes this.
  10. IFartOnChilren

Rails are already not allowed to be greifed. But what I was thinking of was like rails coming out of spawn and going into separate directions instead of having catapults

11. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

This is a suggestion I have a lot of thoughts on. I was about to give it a huge +1 but i decided i wanted to walk it back and think aloud.

Extreme has lack of /tpa, /back, and other tp features for a reason: to force players to travel through their own constructed means.
    Here is a thread I wrote last year on why instant transportation causes eco inflation at an increased rate (thread: https://forum.meepcraft.com/threads/67859). While I didn't have a direct hand in the conceptualization of Extreme, in the thread I referenced the economy of large, purely vanilla survival servers and why they are often more balanced and less oversaturated with all manners of riches. /warp extreme could be said to nullify this concept of player transportation, however as things unfold in reality I am seeing my view challenged.
    As much as I like the concept of local economies, I am starting to see this as being more difficult to sustain than was first thought. It's very possible that your local eco simply does not have things, and travel at the moment is very challenging as to make small deals not even worth walking a distance. /warp extreme really is nice for when players want to sell simply 1 item quickly, and I feel like without this there is much less economic opportunity.

Clue has stated publicly that there will be protection in the rules against players griefing unclaimed railroads.

On the topic of quests, I see a lot of the NPCs outside of the Dungeon itself as pretty unneeded. I think it makes much more sense for the quest to begin at the dungeon, not to make you do busywork at /warp extreme before you can even head that way. I understand that having NPCs in the spawn "links" the lore to the normal world but I feel as if this linking could be done the same with a little quip in a written book that pops up, along with the coords, when you do /quests take x.

I am a -1 for /warp extreme, but I am also a -1 for having no way for players to make quick exchanges at a central loctation(s). I think the discourse here seems to be two sided (yes /warp extreme or no nothing) instead of players thinking of new solutions.

Here's just a few ideas I spitballed while writing this:
    -Quadrant based central trading areas (each quadrant of the world [world divided into 4 pie shaped pieces split down 0,0] would have one central area players could warp to, meaning you would have to travel but not across the entire world. Quadrants would have names [good place to add lore!] to avoid being confusing.

-A way to swap items with people via a menu (think a villager trading menu but you could open it with another player). Maybe you would have to be in a certain location to do it/have a certain station (which you could make in advanced crafting and set up at your town)

-A quick(er) way to return to dungeons at which player trade could happen (you could only use it if you had beat multiple dungeons perhaps)

I think there could be easier implementations than these quick ideas that would effectively solve this issue while still making quick travel possible.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  12. IFartOnChilren

This thread got me thinking. What if some towns got together and worked on a rail system like this together?

Toostenheimer and BooBear1227 like this.
  13. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

This was one of the main intentions of extreme and something I actually wanted to be my main project upon the startup of extreme. However I won't allocate time or resources toward one right now since I can just warp to extreme to do all business. Therefore I still feel having the current /warp extreme system defeats a lot of the purpose of Extreme.

LargeUnit and IzzSt like this.
  14. IFartOnChilren

haha true. Would be a fun community project regardless however you’re right it is a lot of resources

bloodyghost likes this.
  15. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

What about a compromise? You get so many free /warp extreme ‘s per day. Then afterwards it charges like 2.5k per teleport or something (if you did the charge you’d have to add a confirm button so people know it’ll charge them

16. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

Isn’t this basically accepted @staff

17. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Thee Boss and Meznik like this.
  18. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Completed

Meznik and qazini like this.