1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove Mending in Extreme

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Summers, May 10, 2020.

1. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Mending devalues every single item in the whole server. Make extreme more extreme by removing it.

Here is a list of items it devalues
    Iron Diamonds: Never breaking tools so diamonds and iron are devalued
    Gold ender pearls gunpowder and the rest of the mob drops: Never breaking armor/sword means you can farm pigman all day long and never have to replace armor which makes it easier to get gold which devalues it.
    Ebooks: Its devalues every ebook in the game due to items with enchants on them = lessvaluable
    Wood Stone iron ore dirt quartz sand and the rest of the blocks on the server: Never breaking axes/pickaxes and easily repaired by trading with villagers

extreme kinda dead anyway but cmon mending is a 1k /fix for everyone and is lame

2. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Summers likes this.
  3. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

+1

Summers likes this.
  4. whoisnate

whoisnate Celebrity Meeper

+1 good in single player, bad for an economy

Summers likes this.
  5. IFartOnChilren

IFartOnChilren Celebrity Meeper Elder

I’m on the fence about this. How many nerfs are too many? At this point unless there’s a huge game breaking problem with a piece of content I don’t really care to nerf it. Why not add content that makes the other items useful?

Summers, Bloopers and Epicdude141 like this.
  6. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

ever heard of dying?

IzzSt likes this.
  7. vrohan

vrohan Celebrity Meeper

I don't think you understand how hard it is to farm gold in the nether since the spawn rate is close to none. The point of the revamp was to bring people back and to start up the server again in some way or another. Majority of the people already dislike how 'extreme' it is, having so many regular Minecraft functions non-existent in this game mode. Making this game mode more extreme has no benefits in keeping people around, this suggestion is just suited for the small number of people actively enjoying the extreme mode and those people within that already small group that are planning on staying around for a while. In the big picture, this change is not beneficial for the server, but only for the niche group of people playing.

teddypines likes this.
  8. shiroppy

shiroppy Celebrity Meeper

from ur reasoning this is good because it’s keeping the people who actually play and enjoy extreme lol

9. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

Mending is a purely vanilla mechanic and is intended in the game. Let's not slowly turn Extreme into Unplayable, please. My vote would be -1 on this one.

joshofosho and Epicdude141 like this.
  10. vrohan

vrohan Celebrity Meeper

No I said for the small niche group that actually enjoy extreme. I said most of the people don't already enjoy it. You don't make changes to the game for the small niche group, you make changes to accommodate for the majority

11. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

This is such a short sighted suggestion.
    You have to remember that we are playing extreme and resources are quite limited here so mending is a vital part of the game. We don't even know if we will ever get that towny regeneration lol.

People could literally farm this all day with iron set. Upgrading your set isn't even hard once you get access to villagers.

Have you ever looking into 1.16 which will most likely the version Meep will be using? That update along with the past updates would devalue a lot of things (Including Diamond).

Honestly the entire suggestion seems like a complaint because "mY ShOp IsN'T dOiNG wElL aNyMoRe"

Killed him a couple of times after he went and kill freshly joined players. He loves mending btw.

Epicdude141 likes this.
  12. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

I thought more people would agree with me on this one.
    None of you made good points btw, and a few of your points contradicted each others.

Currently I have many many unbreakable god tools and sets as I am sure many of you also have. I am just suggesting we make items in the game more easy to lose because this doesnt feel like extreme since everyone has /fix

13. Ace

Ace Celebrity Meeper

That's probably because you are suggesting to remove a core game mechanic?

These are the points you neglected because you didn't even bother doing your own research before suggesting this.

Here are the villager trades past 1.14.
    Here's the bartering list of 1.16 a new mechanic being added.
    Although this was patched, here's a video of how easily exploitable the new Bartering system is. I suggest not underestimating these guys just because a method got patched.

This is not just because of mending but also because of having access to villagers. Refer to the trading guide above to see why removing mending is bad.

Your suggestion reeks with the smell of greed wanting to capitalize on removing a core game mechanic that would only provide a temporary solution but will greatly damage the server/gamemode in the long run.

Honestly enabling PVP in the world would be a better idea than this crap.

IzzSt, Epicdude141 and Thee Boss like this.
  14. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

I actually just want items to have value, anyone can make a shop and one can sell items this benifits everyone.

15. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

If towny war is enabled, I'm sure most items will increase in value. But as of now, the market is stagnant because everyone is most likely busy gathering their own stuff rather than buying.

Summers and Epicdude141 like this.
  16. Epicdude141

Epicdude141 Celebrity Meeper

Okay I'll bite...

Right now mending feels "overpowered" because there is no sort of way that items are removed in the game. Nobody is really pvping, people rarely die. There aren't mobs in the overworld so there isn't even a remote threat of someone being killed. Because of that, there is an over saturation of items right?

Enabling towny war or enabling pvp throughout the world (in shops and towns) would greatly help this out. Having players being killed would force them to spend resources and skulls to make new tools and armor, thus stimulating the economy.

However, I feel that mending as it is already is balanced enough. Diamonds and iron are noticeably rarer in this "custom terrain" (which believe me I absolutely despise). Not only that, but exp is something that is difficult to grind out. This isn't like in regular towny where everyone and their mom has an exp grinder. You either need to mine quartz, villager trade or mine ores to get sufficient exp to mend tools.

"But Epic villager trading makes getting exp so easy"
    That's right, but not in the sense you think. To trade with villagers to get enough exp, you need some sort of farm to get sufficient materials to get that large sum of exp. It is a very high start up cost that isn't easily available to players. Not only that, but players would have to find a village and breed from there, considering curing zombies isn't an option.

Ultimately your problem is that there isn't enough demand at your shop. There are two solutions for this: 1.) have some way that players lose items and thus need to create new ones (pvp, towny raids, etc.) or 2.) have new players join the server. Both of these would cause the value of items to go up. Right now the 10 players always online are wealthy individuals sitting in their towns who have no reason to buy new stuff. Having some way to remove those items or having a new stream of players needing items would create that demand. Not going full school shooter with the nerf gun like meep has always done.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Summers, IzzSt, bloodyghost and 2 others like this.
  17. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Last time we removed mending, it dropped the value of diamonds considerably (with no increase in sales volume, as tracked by both vshop logs and checking physical chestshops since there was little direct player to player transactions happening) because people simply quit doing anything that would wear down their gear.
    I'd much rather wind up PvP in the server to encourage burnout of gear faster. You're way more likely to lose armor if it gets broken in a PvP fight than by running out of durability in everyday use.

Silver01, Summers, IzzSt and 2 others like this.
  18. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

We survived 7 years without mending. And resources are hardly limited. There is nothing you cannot obtain in the game even if you spend really little time playing.
    This doesn't go against my point so I am not sure why its here. I thought you were fighting for how mending is useful not for how you don't need it?
    So why does this mean we need to keep mending? And 1,16 is not here so there is no purpose of using it as an argument, you have no idea when or if we even will upgrade.
    Since you bring my shop up... It happens to work perfectly and is really helpful to the server in my humble opinion. Not sure why you are hating on my shop, seems like a personal attack.
    Yet another comment that has nothing to do with why we should keep mending, you have killed me 1 time while i was in regular diamond armor running to kill my wither that killed me. Not after i killed "freshly joined players" stop trying to seem like some white knight lol. nice brag?
    for good reason.
    This has nothing to do with extreme at all, none of this in in the game and does not show that mending is helpful in anyway.
    You have yet to make a single point showing why we need to keep mending, others have made good points and other suggestions of how to fix the problem of undervalued items and you have jsut spouted pointless future mechanics that may never even come. Get off my thread, you arnt here to help the server succeed you are here to make personal attacks.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2020, Original Post Date: May 13, 2020 ---
    This was also during a time where people had already had everything in the game and there was no incentive of gathering items since the server was more of a social server at the time.
    ME TOO, but you have lacked to give you position on where the server is going in regards to pvp being on or not.
    This isnt about my shop, I just want to increase item value on the worlds number 1 economy server

19. Silver01

Silver01 Celebrity Meeper

yeah but we had wild a̶n̶d̶ ̶/̶f̶i̶x̶

nobody's gonna buy your diamonds bro

Danielrulesman and IzzSt like this.
  20. Blazetop

Blazetop Popular Meeper

Here's a somewhat similar situation: If you've watched the Hermitcraft series, everyone had mending, yet their market sales still constantly thrive regardless. It's really up to the buyers themselves if they deem necessary to buy at shops, and not because an "op core mechanic" existed in the game.