1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Remove /baltop

Discussion in 'Denied' started by oOWorkerOo, Jan 9, 2021.

1. oOWorkerOo

oOWorkerOo Meeper

Hi, I'm making this suggestion from the standpoint of a new player (I have only played for a few days before the update since I left ~Gamma).

The hardest part of coming back was seeing how badly wealth distribution was on the server; me, with 2.5k vs. a dude with $55 million. It's an instant turnoff because a new player can never really reach that level (it's more of a problem on p2w servers where people will spend hundreds of $ for billions).
    • I've been playing on a similar server where they did the exact thing. No one complains about it and item prices haven't depreciated/appreciated.
    • Reason I mentioned above.
    • The only people who use it are those who want to brag. It has no other practical purpose (you can still check individual balances with /seen and towny balances with /t [...]).

Instead of messing with how rich people can get, it would be much better if /baltop was removed altogether. It shows new players a level of inequality that they will likely never achieve; basically removes all enthusiasm to grind or play the server altogether.

SurvivingSword11 and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

Everyone can have that much money, it's just how good you are with making money. But that would probably makes new players frustrated, and lose the motivation to play.

I don't really see how useful is this function but I don't mind its existence too.

+/- Either keep or removing it is fine to me

3. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

you're mad

4. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

You can make like 300k a day pretty easy. 100% its not great to feel inferior but Baltop is one of the main goals for most players and to take it away stops that goal.

5. SurvivingSword11

SurvivingSword11 Celebrity Meeper

I agree, but we should take it a step further! I say we take the cumulative wealth of the top 10 richest players and then evenly redistribute it to the rest of the server. Hopefully then we will get even closer to complete equality of wealth! If there is still a large gap, we should keep doing this until all players have a similar approximate balance! I cannot believe nobody has suggested this before... you sir are an innovator and economic genius! +10000

ubersp00n and cooey like this.
  6. cooey

cooey Legendary Meeper

ok commie

SurvivingSword11 likes this.
  7. ubersp00n

ubersp00n Popular Meeper

erm stalin is that u?

SurvivingSword11 likes this.
  8. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

We've decided to deny this suggestion for the time being, please reach out to a staff member if you have any questions!