1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Rank/Chat Color Adjustments

Discussion in 'Denied' started by StopResetting, May 26, 2015.

1. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

Suggestion: Improvements for the rank/chat colors of Staff and Ultimate members.
    I'll try and keep this short and simple:
    • Revert Mod chat color to match with Helper color as it used to.
      • Mod rank will stay as green but the chat text will change back to yellow. Edit: Or the mod rank and the brackets around the rank can be yellow as well so that it is different from helper.
      • Mod chat text is currently dark aqua which is difficult to see in shout in contrast to the other colors.
      • This removes an unneeded color out of the Meepcraft rainbow.
    • Switch the SuperMod chat and rank colors with those of Ultimate.
      • SuperMod ends up with orange rank color and orange chat color. It is a warmer color than yellow, and leads up to the red admin color. Makes sense right?
        • It is still an easy to see color so no worries over our community not seeing our SuperMods.
        • Edit: The brackets around the rank could be orange as well.
      • Ultimate members end up with a dark aqua rank color and aqua chat color.
        • This is an enticing set of colors which will add incentive for players to donate to Ultimate.
        • There are too many players not willing to donate after getting up to Supreme because they'll end up with a dull color after having such an attractive one while Supreme.
        • Also makes sense as Supreme has dark purple rank color and light purple chat color. Dark to light.
    • Edit: Make adjustments to the server broadcasts.
      • Change the server broadcast color from yellow to gray. The yellow blends in with the helper chat. Gray is still a visible color thus being a good replacement for yellow.
      • Server broadcasts comes on too frequently, increase time between broadcasts.
      • Remove ctf win messages from broadcasts. Only adds spam to shout.
      • Remove parkour claim prizes from broadcasts. Only adds spam to shout.
      • Remove spleef win messages from broadcasts. Only adds spam to shout.
      • Remove official meeper broadcasts and set it so only the person whom completed the tutorial sees that message. Only adds spam to shout.
    Edit: Here are visuals for anyone who is having trouble en-vising the suggestion (credit to Supershot12 for providing the images).
    [​IMG]
    Why would your suggestion benefit Meepcraft?: It would provide more incentive to donate to Ultimate and make our current Ultimate members happier with their rank. This would also allow Mods' chat to be seen easier and provide a clear identity of those who are staff members. Staff will end up with warm colors representing their caring passion for the server.
    Who would this benefit?: The whole community as it will provide clearer identification on staff members and incentive for players to donate to Ultimate as well as satisfy those currently Ultimate. Donations = Running Server.
    About how long will this take to be implemented, if it is accepted?: A few minutes at most.
    Would this cause more lag?: Not at all.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. GalacticShawty

GalacticShawty Well-Known Meeper

i personally would like cyan chat for elites, but usually i have no say in anything o-o

Liz, Pmx728 and SaracenTheLeader like this.
  3. kittynom

kittynom Celebrity Meeper

I agree. If Ultimate had the dark aqua chat I would defiantly rank up.
    +1 :D

HollyLeaf and buildmaster1000x like this.
  4. Ankou_Aquilis

Ankou_Aquilis Well-Known Meeper

I feel like since ult kinda lacks features for what they pay they should get to choose what color to chat in with a gui similar to /help. Yea yea I know confusion with staff colors, and other stuff but it'd still be cool :3.

Anyways +1

5. Klitch

Klitch

This guy is a genius and should replace everyone.

6. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

*cough* girl *cough*

7. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

*cough* cat woman *cough*

8. SX1

SX1 Celebrity Meeper

*cough* why is everyone getting sick? *cough*

Lady_Hestia, Bluapol, cooey and 4 others like this.
  9. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

Definitely agree. Orangle is annoying

10. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

Totally. Not because I'm elite, I agree with this. I agree with this because there should be more ranks with colored chat. That'd be cool.

11. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

It would be nice if we got some more chat colours for Elite+ for example, or this:

In other words, a strong +1 :D

-Cristi

12. Grandblue

Grandblue Celebrity Meeper

*cough* +1 *cough*

13. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

Do you mean you would defiantly rank up or you would definitely rank up?
    Defiantly = doing something you don't want to do in a somewhat bad way, or just being bad.

Major +1

kittynom likes this.
  14. Videogames321

Videogames321 Celebrity Meeper

Normal orange rank color and chat color doesn't seem right. Unless this isn't what you're talking about, that's the only thing that I find... off about the suggestion.
    For instance, this is what I think it would look like: [SuperMod] LexKristen: Hello everyone!
    However, in all of the other ranks, the rank color is different from the chat color. with the exception of Ultimate. Honestly, it might be just me, but I'd prefer the Rank or Text to be a tint or shade of orange, though not very much.

who cares though

+1

15. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+1

*cough*

cooey, CreeperCristi and SpongeyStar like this.
  16. Klitch

Klitch

idgaf.

17. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

*cough* Gender Dose not matter *cough*

18. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

-1, I like my Supermod color as is, and I like the Ultimate color as is. I enjoy Orange.

Foretvert, Roughly70, cooey and 5 others like this.
  19. ToonMichaela

ToonMichaela Celebrity Meeper

Im with Deinen on Staff colors. those should stay. But I prefer purple over orange or as some call it: "gold"

20. StopResetting

StopResetting Popular Meeper

There's nothing off about it as admin is set up that way. Red rank, red chat. Also, there is only one shade of orange in Minecraft so nothing could be done about that anyway.

If you enjoy orange why should you be against ending up with it as a SuperMod? I know you're well aware of how many players are against the color and the benefit this adjustment would make. So please specify, because right now you've no reason to say no.

For what reason should the colors stay while knowing the benefit these would have? Currently you're shooting down the idea with no reason. Please provide one. Also you're proving my point with your last statement - you'd prefer purple as most other people would. This is the issue, we need to add more incentive to donate to Ultimate. Look at the full picture.