1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Radical Meepcraft Ideas

Discussion in 'Denied' started by twomoo1119, Dec 21, 2017.

?

Does twomoo have decent ideas?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting meepcraft implement this or reset but assume that all of the following takes place in the case of a reset.

1. Get rid of vshop any teleport commands: this includes /home /tpa and more. The only case where teleporting happens (in the towns world) is when you join a town where you can teleport to the town spawn, to prevent leaving and joining towns to teleport to them, perhaps have a cooldown timer for joining towns. What does this accomplish? It allows for more localized economies. Price would become not the only factor in who can sell what. This creates many, many jobs for people. Firstly this will employ many players to run stores and gather items for those stores. Many items will have to be bought locally and those that are not made in a town will have to be imported from other towns. This means that there will be people who deliver items from town to town again employing more people. Some stores may be successful enough to open more branches of said store.

2. Remove wild. Instead replace it with the towny wild where you can destroy but not build, or maybe build like 10 blocks a minute and limit to certain blocks like dirt and cobblestone so that people don't build their houses in wild. This spreads towns out as there is more desire for nature resources. If after a while everything starts to get too cramped, simply extend towny limits by 1 kilometre. This creates localized companies to get recourses so there is less ability to monopolize items. This is more optional and would create a better feel to the server but is not necessary

3. Pay becomes localized. Pretty self explanatory and also optional, this would just add to that local economy effect.

4. Disable ender chests. Pretty self explanatory and also optional, this would just add to that local economy effect.
    5. Add more plot types , this is also optional. (And maybe remove inn, its pretty freaking useless.) Specifically a “claim” type. These types of plots would have 1/4 upkeep, 1/2 claim cost (something like that.) but could not be built on, only destroyed (by town staff) like wild, this basically just insures protection rights to the land.
    6. Add back towny war, (very optional) Irdk how it works or if this is a good idea, might be fun though?

In conclusion this creates a much more localized economy and opportunities for many more meepers to contribute it. Being part of a town means more than having free plots and low taxes and a cute garden but being in a good place to do business with your town’s residents and other towns. Markets are not global and differ from town to town. This would mean a more realistic economy.

These are my ideas for now, as I get more I’ll add onto it. If you have any criticisms, compliments or suggestions, I will revise this accordingly.

2. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

That is an interesting idea, but I’m not sure people would find such a change fun, but this would make ultimate much more valuable.

3. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Idk if it would work on meep, maybe a seperate server with a seperate economy like beta and gamma?

FamousZAmos likes this.
  4. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

-1000 on the current towny but it would be good for a hardcore towny

Pmx728 likes this.
  5. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

there are not enough players online to split up the worlds again, and theres not really a need anyways

this will make it difficult to claim land since everyone wants to be very close now so they get more traffic, less available shops means more work which leads to less people wanting to play, losing tpa means anyone (especially newbies who dont get it )will have a harder time getting with their friends - I honestly do not understand this one

again with the why - wild is fine? and this will end up leading to more people running round and camping popular towns and killing people trying to get resources. this would then cause people to get frustrated and quit

also, it wont spread towns out. lol

why? literally no reason to do this?

why

theres so many things you can do with towns atm - adding new town plots wasnt even an intended feature, one of the techs said they had to update the plugin to update the server, touching towns and messing with plot crap isn't the best of ideas since it an potentially mess up the plugin

no

no one who is playing minecraft cares about a realistic eco.
    all in all, these suggestions would make playing a multiplayer server, playing with friends, etc, extremely inconvenient.

Also, if this were to happen, making tighter local ecos will mean more competition and stuff and essentially ruin the community. the global community where everyone can interact with each other is what makes meep fun in the first place.

I just dont see any positives here.

6. LordInateur

LordInateur Deus Ex Machina Staff Member Administrator

As per the "Suggestion Info" thread:
    ^I know that these suggestions are somewhat related, but it still makes it difficult for us to organize them if we ever decide to implement some and not the others.

In addition:
    MeepCraft is not going to be reset, and because this suggestion isn't for the "here and now" (and hopefully never again in the future) we don't plan on implementing this any time soon. Thank you, however, for taking the time to post this.

riri30, SuperDyl, Vexmae and 3 others like this.