1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Question(s) about Applications

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by 64Terabytes, May 13, 2016.

1. 64Terabytes

64Terabytes Meeper

Hello! So I recently joined the server, and it looks great! I'd love to help out in any way possible, and I understand that I may not be able to apply for anything now because I am new(ish) to the server. However, for future reference, how would I go about applying for a staff/helper position? Are these requirements the same for applying for builder? And what exact requirements would I need to apply for any of these positions?

Thank you so much for any help!

2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

In order to put up any application, you need to be a week active on forums, have 5 posts, and 5 likes.
    One of the basic requirements of any staff position is to be semi-mature, be well-known throughout the community, and have teamspeak. As a staff member you should be able to represent the server in a positive way regardless of position.
    Helper basically does what you'd think they do. They handle primarily modreqs, answer questions in shout, etc.
    Builder builds for the server.
    Media makes things like youtube videos and some other things.

3. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

4. PeriHeika

PeriHeika Celebrity Meeper

Alright, I saw this post like a week after everyone else, but I'll give you as much detail as possible on how to become a staff member. Specifically a helper.
    First off, I'd like to appreciate the fact that you asked instead of ramming right into the midst of things. If there is anything you need I'd be more than happy to help you.
    As Muunnkkee said, the requirements are to have 5 posts and 5 likes on forums for the option to even be unlocked. However, if this is the only thing someone has accomplished, their chances of getting helper are very slim.
    Secondly, as Muunnkkee said again, you should be somewhat recognizable, active, and professional. There's many different ways to get staff through personality. You don't have to be the most friendly person, or the most serious either. If your traits make you trustworthy then that's what counts. There's many different types of people who get accepted, so I can't say what anyone should or shouldn't be. My best suggestion is to think about what a leader does and if you have those kinds of things then I'd say you should have a good shot.
    No, architects (or builders) need to be skilled in making buildings, and the tools used to help them construct their creations.
    Helpers are meant to be concerned about the people on the server, and decisions that would effect their game play.
    As said above, architects build things for the server and as a result should be active and skilled with their tools.
    Media record videos and support advertisements. The usual requirements include a YouTube channel, and creativity when making videos.
    Helpers need to have desired traits and support from the community. They do a lot of work involving the players, so it needs to be confirmed that the applicant will do their job in a constructive manner.
    A really good link for details can be found here: http://meepcraft.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-check-list-for-staff-applications.57429/
    If you plan to apply, I would suggest reading that as you make the application.
    Another tip is to read some of the current, accepted, and denied applications to see what is desirable and what is not. It is very helpful to see how other people succeed or do not.
    From personal experience, one of the best ways to get known is by going on Teamspeak frequently. Teamspeak is a requirement because it's an easy way to communicate with the basic community, and is where meetings and interviews occur. I will highly suggest introducing yourself there and getting used to the players on there because it is a quick and simple way to be discovered on Meepcraft.
    If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them for you, alright? Good luck!

CluelessKlutz likes this.