1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

[PvP Guide]

Discussion in 'Unofficial Guides' started by Huithril, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Huithril

Huithril Well-Known Meeper

Hi :) I am no by no means any good at PVP however I wrote this guide a while back for another server and thought I would share it on here in case it helps anyone :p Always open to tips and feedback, thankyou!

What is PVP?
    PVP is a multiplayer conflict In Minecraft its usually 1 vs. 1 or a massive brawls fighting each other, and sometimes its organised :p But besides the point, this guide is to give you tips and tricks when PVP-ing other players.

In-Game Tips
    Blocking
    When holding a sword and in battle continuously hold down the right mouse button, this will make you block. Reducing the amount of damage you take, meaning you can last longer.

Strafing
    When facing an arching who is shooting at you and you are running towards them. Run from side to side. It minimalises the arrows that will hit you while at the same time reducing the amount of arrows they have. However, if you do the pattern for too long they may be able to anticipate where you will end up, therefore I suggest you change the pattern or don't do it all the time.

Archer Duels
    When facing another archer off in a battle, it is imperative you keep moving. Although that means you have to re-adjust your aim, so do they and if you practice enough you can aim much quicker than other people. Another thing which is essential in archery-PVP is cover. Try to always have some blocks on you, so that if you need to build a temporary base in the middle of a battlefield you have the means to do. Remember, you are in a much better position if you have the higher ground, you have better range and vision then your opponent.

Fall Damage

When jumping from somewhere high to somewhere low, try to place a block as you fall. It will reduce the amount of fall damage that you take and may save your life in an occasion in the near future. If hit off somewhere high try to do the same although it is much more difficult.

Circling your opponent

When in actual conflict try to circle your opponent while hitting him/her it reduces the amount of damage taken and can greatly confuse your opponent especially if you change the direction your circling in. They will always be a couple of second behind you.

Critical Strikes
    In PVP critical strikes can make or break a battle, they can creates devastating blows to the enemy player. Critical hits are obtained when your are jumping, but ONLY the way down of the jump. This causes your enemy to take extra damage. Also, if you are jumping around a lot it confuses your opponent and reduces the damage you take.

Surprise

The element of surprise is huge in PVP. Try hiding round a corner or on top of a building and jump them as they come into sight. In doing so you will manage to get a few hits extra on them before they start retaliating. This gives you the upper hand in battle.

Outside of the game

Are you comfortable?
    When engaging in PVP make sure you are sitting comfortably as that means you are much more likely to play better. If you have the money buy a gaming chair or at least a comfortable chair, it really helps

Music
    I personally find that music greatly enhances gameplay and your odds at winning. If you are listening to epic/cinematic music or Fight music it gets you pumped and can really increase your chances. However, this may not be for everyone. I personally am quite musical therefore I find it helpful.

Remember, its only a game
    We have to remember that although it is very fun, it is only a game. Don't get over the top with emotions as they are only pixels. If you are frustrated don't take it out on other players. Go for a walk, go and get a drink. Anything to calm down for 10 minutes before you return.

Thanks for reading :D

Cherrykit, Hyori, KaiUsesThis and 2 others like this.
  2. Vamp1re_Man

Vamp1re_Man Celebrity Meeper

Or you could try....
    THE MLG WATER BUCKET!

3. Huithril

Yes that would probably be better haha

4. Landonator419

Landonator419 Celebrity Meeper

I wouldn't really call strafing doging arrows. You usually stafe when you are in a fight (Swords). When you are getting shot at you usually just do random stuff lol

5. Huithril

I spose so :p

6. KaiUsesThis

KaiUsesThis Celebrity Meeper

This guide doubled my knowledge in pvp. Amazing.

Thanks for this!

Huithril likes this.
  7. Huithril

Glad to have helped :)

8. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Honestly, dodging arrows is a form of strafing, but generally strafing refers to circling your opponent. As an avid archer myself, weaving from side to side is not going to save you, it's going to let me get more arrows in while you take longer trying to dodge. A better way to frustrate master bowmen is to not weave from side to side, but alternate between weaving and running straight. By changing the flow of your movements often, it confuses the marksman into predicting your next move incorrectly.

Huithril likes this.