1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Pronouncing my r's.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Adam34falcon, Sep 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Hello meep,

I am starting a youtube channel. I am not able to pronounce my r's and am very worried about doing youtube or talking to people on teamspeak. Some people make fun of me at school. I can not say world, girl, sparkle, etc. I also do not talk on teamspeak because of this. Could someone please give me some advice? Thank you.

@kcschmidt

Mjs6000 likes this.
  2. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

Hey man, don't be afraid to talk, I'll make sure no one makes fun of you, they shouldn't anyways. Were a good community, a family.

3. SirGiggly

SirGiggly Celebrity Meeper

How much have you practiced? I've known people with problems like this and practice helps a lot. Find out how someones mouth moves with their r sound and mimic that.

4. Adam34falcon

Thanks man :D

I practice sometimes on and off I mean at school its hectic and I don't really have a way to practice at my house.

5. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

If you are really afraid you could run your voice through a voice changer, they typically auto correct pronunciations

6. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

I'm sure there is something on the internet that is free that can help you.

7. Mjs6000

Mjs6000 Popular Meeper

Lol i thought this thread was going to be about speaking a different language, as i always struggled pronouncing my R's in French. But Adam, you just need to out yourself out there and practice. I always would feel embarrassed in French when reading out, but in the end i said i want to learn how to do this so i ignored anyone who laughed, as best as i could, and focused on people who wanted to help and i practiced over and over. I have a similiar issue, more mental, which means that my brain processes tgings faster than my mouth or whichever part of the brain controlling speech can up with. Resultig it jumbled up sentences sometimes, meaning i have to slow down slightly. Sometimes it just takes hard work and practice. As you can see though there are a bunch of people here, me included, willing to help and be supportive.

8. Escanor

Escanor Popular Meeper

Hey neighbor

If you want, we can have a convo involving the practice of your r's through ts or skype ;D

9. fasehed

fasehed Celebrity Meeper

Bro I feel you I have been going to speech therapy since I was 4 I'm now almost 14. I also had issues with r along with speaking to fast. I got past most of it but still often run into issues, don't be afraid to speak though, that's the only way you can improve. I look forward to seeing your videos and speaking with you on teamspeak :)

10. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

People still watch videos despite the persons accent even if its one of the harder ones to understand to them at first. Its all about practice and patience mostly, and not worrying too much about it

11. Klitch

Klitch

You will experience people making fun of you for the rest of your life, and this is a great opportunity to learn to accept it. Don't believe what they say, no matter how harsh. If you need someone to talk to, let me know.

12. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

use l's instead of r's

13. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Well you thee, I had a lithp (really what id**t put an "s" in lisp) when I was a bit younger. For me thpeach therapy rethoveled motht of it. I thtill have a minor lithp though it'th barely notithable. If your "r" problem ith really bad, I might thay you should thee a thpeach therapitht if you can afford it. But really, don't worry too much about it if the only ithueth it'th causing you are theapch problemth. (Not dental or thtuff like that.)

14. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

I feel like you are thpeaking dithrethpectfully about other peopleth speath imparmenths

Toostenheimer likes this.
  15. Adam34falcon

LOL

What

I really want to thank you for taking the time for typing all of this. I also take French :p

Thx neighbor

I'll def think about it....

I'll let you know :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys after my first couple youtube videos ill probably either open up my own TS or use meep or use skype because I look forward to talking to ya'll.

16. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Get on ts! We don't care how you talk! As long as you don t scream like SpiderJel. Don't be SpiderJel.

coobl, cooey and Lilstokes like this.
  17. TaeChasJujeonja

TaeChasJujeonja Well-Known Meeper

Don't worry! you're not the only one :)
    You're also surrounded by a great community!

Dockson likes this.
  18. Adam34falcon

Ok guys, I may be getting on TS today but maybe not because me and my family are doing a lot today. Also thanks.

19. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

When making youtube it's crucial to understand that you will always be made fun of due to something. Accents, opinions, pretty much everything and anything you say will be hated on.

I too have recently started posting a video now and again, but without voice. I just post a GTA video here and there.

Good luck!

20. BlueXGhost :D

BlueXGhost :D Celebrity Meeper

I dont care

coobl likes this.