1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Parkour Update 1.10

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

slider.png

The Parkour server has been reopened! Join the new parkour lobby by typing /warp parkour and choose from 7 original parkour maps. The map rewards have been updated:
    • City - 15,000 Meebles
    • Cactus - 8,000 Meebles
    • Countryside - 7,000 Meebles
    • Jungle - 5,000 Meebles
    • Balloon - 8,000 Meebles
    • Flower - 7,000 Meebles
    • Chillroom - 20,000 Meebles
    See you on the Parkour server!

Additional updates:
    • MeepCraft will now restart at 4 AM EST daily instead of the current 2 AM EST maintenance window
    • 1.10 items can be bought or sold on the MeepShop
    • The server no longer thinks you are offline in the first 0-30 seconds of switching worlds
    • The /back command is fixed
    • Fixed the bug where attachments over 2MB could not be uploaded on the forums

2. oraleDK

oraleDK Meeper

I’m Rick Harrison, and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss. Everything in here has a story and a price. One thing I’ve learned after 21 years – you never know WHAT is gonna come through that door.

3. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

oraledk your not funny at this point.

4. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

@Fuzzlr Since 1.10 Glass panels and Iron bars behave a bit differently. If you place just one, it doesn't 'extend' to the sites and remains just as a 'stick'. Due to that update, Balloon parkour is not doable at this moment.

[​IMG]

A solution would be to replace the EXACT block I am pointing at in the picture with a solid block. White stained glass block for example. It would make that passage doable, but I can't speak for the rest of the course. It would have to be properly tested.

EDIT1: I TAKE THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH BACK. BALLOON IS DOABLE. MY BAD.

EDIT2: A similar issue with 1.10 glass panels/iron bars seems to be in Chillroom
    =====================================================================================================

Also, change the signs please; in all the parkours. They are outdated.

[​IMG]

=====================================================================================================

Furthermore, the same problem yet again. I designed the Flower parkour with the intention of it being a progressively harder challenge. First flower for beginners with a small reward, second flower for casuals with a medium reward and the last flower for experts with a decent reward. You basically strapped the 1st and 2nd flower of any reasonable reward and moved it all to the last one. If you want to stay at 7k (which I don't think is appropriate) a 1k-2k-4k distribution would be much better. Personally, I would set the rewards to 1k-2k-5k.

Side note: If you'll ever get to changing the signs to match with the corresponding rewards, could you change Y4cky to Dockson? :p

[​IMG]

Fixing the functionality of those portals would be neat.

[​IMG]

If you log out at any of the parkours, you will be teleported to the start of Ultimate City. It would be neat if this was fixed and you actually logged in at the same place you logged out. It's not a game breaker, but if you are standing above the reward platform in Countryside and you feel like logging out to take a breath and pray to god to make the last jump... you'll be disappointed after getting back on.

You've been working on 'time challenges' ever since I can remember. Any news on that part?

Overall, I think like parkour took a step back again. Take Ultimate City for example. I spent a fair amount of time distributing the rewards over all the checkpoints for it to be fair and encouraging for players to carry on 'jumping'. Similarly to Flowers, you changed the rewards to the default values again. I don't think that it was the right decision.

I mean, the hub is nice. The changes to Countryside and Jungle are appreciated, but I can't shake that feeling off, that this whole update was rushed and could have been a whole lot more polished.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    OKNEM, IzzSt, cooey and 10 others like this.
  5. oraleDK

oraleDK Meeper

Balloon parkour is doable, I did it this morning. What you need to do at that bit is skip the one you're standing on and jump directly to the one you're looking at.

Agree on the rest.

Now that the almighty and very popular dwarfmorf has made me aware of this, I shall stop with the Rick Harrison meme!/s

Never stopping that meme :D

Photoave12 likes this.
  6. oraleDK

oraleDK Meeper

I'm sorry you feel this way, maybe turning the computer off for a while will help eh? :)

Photoave12 likes this.
  7. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Haven't thought about that. Alright, thanks :)

Anyways, it's nasty what you did to Countryside parkour. It's actually challenging now.

8. WeAreNumberUno

WeAreNumberUno Celebrity Meeper

Well I live in pittsburgh so real life has wayyyyyyy more idiots than anyone on the internet.

9. oraleDK

oraleDK Meeper

lol good meme
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 28, 2016 ---
    This, I had to get NicholasMeep to show me what to do as I was so used to the "cheat way", as he called it.

10. BlackJack

BlackJack Celebrity Meeper

>

OT, Good update. The 30 second offline bug was so annoying, glad that's gone.

Muunkee and Photoave12 like this.
  11. Klitch

Klitch

Thanks for all the fixes!

2leah2 likes this.
  12. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Added to trello :] https://trello.com/c/xqEyzoPm/930-parkour-updates

Toostenheimer, Photoave12 and Dockson like this.
  13. Marshy_88

Marshy_88 Celebrity Meeper

Yesss finally! I can post gifs!

14. Inkfy

Inkfy Celebrity Meeper

*laughing emoji*

15. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

If you're gonna overuse a meme, at least TRY to make it sound funny.

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  16. X11

X11 Well-Known Meeper

Very true

WeAreNumberUno likes this.
  17. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

@Fuzzlr ....

I can't even get past the second checkpoint in chill room lmaoo

should be worth 50k imo

but good job <:

18. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Thats actually because the glass panes changed in the update and hasnt been fixed yet.
    Cp2 is quite literally impossible, Heh.