1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Accepted Orca98's Un-ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban and Mute Appeals Archive' started by Orca98, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orca98

Orca98 New Meeper

IGN: Orca98
    Date/Time: Around about 8:30pm on the first of December (UTC +10).
    Reason: "Sexual Content"
    Ban Length: I think it was three days, but was shortened afterwards to one day.
    Staff Member: shainthewolfman
    Why we should consider your appeal: Let me describe to you how this spanned out: A player who's username was richard(something-on-the-end), said something in relation to a conversation I was having with another player. I replied to him, then shortly after I asked if he ever got called "****" for short and then BAM. I was banned for 3-4 days.
    I then posted a status which you can gladly see on my wall. In the comments shainthewolfman admitted that it was a misunderstanding, and that is why he shortened the ban. Now, banning someone for saying a name should not be right. One of my favourite books, The Magic Faraway Tree, has 3 characters. Two of those characters names are **** and Fanny. It's an old children's book, where these names were accepted in that society. So, why cannot simple names be accepted in today's society. It's because people have 'dirty' minds. That is not my fault on what others think. All I can say for myself is that I was not using that name in a sexual way. So, where is the sexual content? It lies within the person who unfairly punished me (sorry shainthewolfman, you seem like a nice guy); if he thought it was sexual, then he must have related that word in a sexual way. So, why isn't he getting punished? It's like when someone says "It's racist", when the statement was not a racist comment, but a racial fact. The person who called it racist, thought of it in a derogatory racial way.Another point, is that there is a player called "Dicktogs", now every time I go to say their name will I get banned? Will that player be banned every time they speak because their username has a unscientific word for a genital? Perhaps that username is their actual name. Quite honestly, I would be offended if my name was Richard, and people were getting punished for saying my nick name.For the reasons described in what looks like a short essay, in which I doubt you did not read all of it, I would like to be unbanned.
    Thank you.

2. shains

shains never stop fighting

Already done and talked about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.