1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

On a serious note; what is this staff?

Discussion in 'Denied' started by nhjed, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Should we loosen the restrictions on chat? (e.g. swearing, sex refs, politics)

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

image.png
    If you tl;dr'd basically I said "I'll pop your mom" and got banned

What are you guys really trying to cover up

I just want an explanation at some point. If you're going to sit there and just deny my request that is not going to solve this case and that's not going to make me like the staff team any further

Being 100% with your community is vital in being a good staff team and making the server better

Inb4 some of you say "nhjed it's 30 minutes get over yourself" that's not the point. I'm just trying to figure out why an unjust ban was given to me when nothing harmful was being said. That's like you getting kicked out of a house for breathing in it (don't judge my analogies)

Is it just because it's me? Is it just because I'm nhjed? I had an individual say those lines in shout and nothing happened to him. What makes me vulnerable to unjust bans?

I want a proper explanation

Achmed, FunGUY, zsuzsu1 and 11 others like this.
  2. Cooleysworld

Cooleysworld Celebrity Meeper Elder

I don't know you? What is this and who is this? nhjed?

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, ajlpikachu and 12 others like this.
  3. 00000

00000 Guest

It's likely because of "popping the cherry", or just that the term was connected to some sort of reference.

Don't worry Jwar. You let little Timmy sleep safe at night knowing that this demon perpetrator is off the streets corrupting kids' minds with sexual references.

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, KyloMeep and 9 others like this.
  4. Qaws

Qaws Popular Meeper

¿

zsuzsu1 and Burritoh like this.
  5. 00000

00000 Guest

By the way: PETITION to allow sexual references?

Kids aren't the ones building the community, helping it, or growing it at all. They never have anything worthwhile to say and constantly whine and overall just being toxic.

Yeah it's cute that you like your kids to play on the server but can't they just do /gtoggle ? I can tell you that kids never play for any sense of a community, and when they do, they are much better off /muted and not being able to see /gtoggle. I have lots of friends here and I like to joke around to anyone who finds my jokes funny; little kids aren't going to be scarred for life by me saying "I'm close to my sweet release", which I got a 2d ban for. My joke had no victims or anything like that; I'm just trying to have a laugh while here. With the strict guidelines imposed on us by staff, that's near impossible considering all jokes have to be "family friendly".

The little kids are such a small minority, too; I can tell you that 99.9% of players ever that have been here know about sex. I promise you that.

so, can we read my post and respond intelligently and thoughtfully to it? I'd like to turn this rant thread into an idea exchanging thread about sexual references as a whole.

Achmed, FunGUY, zsuzsu1 and 13 others like this.
  6. Klitch

Klitch

children are the toxic ones? yeah ok.

7. metr0n0me

metr0n0me Legendary Meeper

Additionally, the "family friendly" policies are actively decreasing server revenue by driving an age group (13-16) away from the server.

What if we had a chat filter that players could toggle on/off, based on whether or not they want to hear cursing in their chat?

Achmed, FunGUY, zsuzsu1 and 9 others like this.
  8. 00000

00000 Guest

We will never have a sexual content toggle, because it's literally impossible for a non-human to distinguish, because that in turn requires great cognitive function to put into context and weigh options.

Orion9, Billybob12, Snowboardtiger, god knows who else

And yes I will admit we have our fair share of just toxic people of any age. But little kids aren't worth catering to is my point

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, KaiUsesThis and 6 others like this.
  9. legendcaleb

legendcaleb Celebrity Meeper

Let me ask : What is the point of catering to a younger audience when it is the older ones that benefit the server the most. Also, how come this "family friendly" idea has failed so much, driven so many people away and brought the player base to a peak of 80 on most week days
    [​IMG]

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, KaiUsesThis and 8 others like this.
  10. Klitch

Klitch

Everyone is worth catering to, that is the point of our guidelines. We don't want to discriminate against anyone willing to have fun. Allowing vulgar content and language discriminates against those that don't want to see it and/or are not allowed to see it. A toggled chat means nothing, it is still present on this server. What's next, an 18+ forum? If you cannot handle a little fun without being vulgar, then you are immature, and you will not be welcome.

FunGUY and zsuzsu1 like this.
  11. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

Forum ban him for sexual ref please.

12. metr0n0me

Sure, we don't want to discriminate against those who don't want to see vulgar language, but look at the effects of the family-friendly policies on the server. Player count has tanked, and multiple old community members have quit, citing declining community, among other concerns. Obviously something isn't working right here, whether that's the family-friendly policies, chronic mismanagement of money, or god-knows what. If we continue on this path, pretty soon nobody will be able to have fun.

FunGUY, zsuzsu1, Enron and 1 other person like this.
  13. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

OMG, KAZARKAS' MIND FOREVER UNCLEAN!!!!!

14. Klitch

Klitch

What's not working is the people of this server don't know how to enjoy themselves without being ridiculously rude and inappropriate.

FunGUY and zsuzsu1 like this.
  15. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

We have rules on the server to make it a safe place that everyone can enjoy. We shouldn't have to stop younger players from being able to enjoy the server because we made a choice to be inappropriate in a global chat channel for a cheap thrill. A lot of people support MeepCraft because we maintain a community that is friendly for both children and adults. And what kind of "children" are you talking about? The people that are consistently breaking the rules are the ones who seem more like children to me.

16. PhoenixPuppy

PhoenixPuppy Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. metr0n0me

I'm not suggesting that we allow "ridiculously rude and inappropriate" comments on the server; stop using strawman fallacies.

However, the chat rules need to be relaxed to some degree. One can't even carry on ANY conversation with real-life significance in shout, whether that be politics, religion, current events, history, cultural awareness (yes, I was told by a staff member that this isn't the classroom, and Meep isn't the place to discuss ancient Greek mythology). Chat has become completely dead, and only a place to make trite comments (0mg 1 was m1n1ng and 1337 15 daimends) or ask questions. I seriously cannot see how players can have decent conversations in shout anymore.

Achmed, FunGUY, Pmx728 and 3 others like this.
  18. Kazarkas

Kazarkas Legendary Meeper Elder

"I'll pop your mom" can't be taken as a sex ref, if anything he's saying he will pop her off aka pop a cap in her aka "whack" her etc...

Assuming she is someone's mom and gave birth it is impossible to "pop" a mom.... So yeah... I don't really get this.

Achmed, FunGUY, KyloMeep and 7 others like this.
  19. Klitch

Klitch

You can have outstanding conversations. Just look at what I say in chat, I talk all the time when I'm online - some may even say I spam! I follow the guidelines of the server and I maintain a fun and light atmosphere for all willing to appreciate it and partake in the fun. It is not even remotely hard to have fun on this server. If you want to have inappropriate conversations, take it to Skype or something. I don't understand the apparent significance of cursing and being inappropriate that has been branded on this issue.

20. metr0n0me

We're maintaining a community that's the lowest common denominator--it's boring for both children and adults alike. Again, I'll restate that these rules are contributing to the decline of the community and thus a decrease in donations. From a business perspective, it's unwise to alienate a demographic who your product appeals to--companies who do this inevitably go bankrupt. And yet we're making this mistake here, as we consistently enact rules that alienate the 13-16 age group--people who tend to have more pocket money to spend on video games. As the old saying goes, don't bite the hand who feeds you.
    lol oh, please

FunGUY likes this.