1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

o0SpiderCat0o's Helper Applications

Discussion in 'Denied' started by o0SpiderCat0o, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o0SpiderCat0o

o0SpiderCat0o Active Meeper

In Game Name: o0SpiderCat0o (just like here:))
    Skype Username: [email protected]
    Teamspeak Username: o0SpiderCat0o
    Mic use: On computer: Don't have one. Tablet: Have one.
    Timezone: Mountain
    Hours online per weekday: 5-6
    Hours online per weekend: 12-24
    Position Changes: I would like to be a mod on meepcraft.com.

Introduction:I love to play Minecraft, even if my friends make fun of me for it :D. Most people don't think power should be handed over to girls (Presidents,Sports,Etc.) And i'm not saying most cases are like that. I just think males have more power, especially in video games like this. I like to play volleyball. I have 2 classes a week. So that would leave just enough time for meepcraft! I do have school, 8-3:20, but never any long homework. My favorite color is orange and I am very kind to others.
    Why you should be Helper/Mod/Supermod ?

Experience- I have a lot of knowledge of minecraft and meepcraft commands. I have seen staff help all around the server, and would like to help. I have learned many things from other servers. I know and will get to know many people throughout this. I have been through almost all of the changes though meepcraft with my brothers account. I will be able to help newer staff members out in their commands with my knowledge of the server commands.
    Community standing- The community is like my other sibling. I know or can get to know about anyone on the server. I am a very welcoming person, which will be very useful for newer members of the meeps. I am used to any personality and can solve almost any problem. Less problem will happen.

Activity-I usually have plenty of free time that I spend on minecraft(and Meepcraft) I will be able to get on more, which can benefit in a better server. I have a very flexible schedule when it comes to weeks but weekends are pretty sketchy with volley ball. I have a desktop, and a tablet which both can access Minecraft which is very helpful on vacations. I go on a vacation every three to four years. I have a lot of activity with the people of the server.

Overall Intelligence- With all of my experience with Mineraft worlds, I also have many personal situations with fighting (Friends and Gossip-.-). A yearly test of school skills is taken and every year I have been advance in all subjects.

Weaknesses:

No microphone on my computer. No matter how hard I try, the microphone won't work! I am pretty sure I won't be needing it though

Argumentative Nature- I like to correct people. That is part of who I am. I get comfortable easily with people. The fact is i can persuade anyone to agree or disagree or start or stop or whatever the case might be. I have a lawyer side to me.

Immaturity- You won't have to worry! Wait yes you will. I don't like to say inappropriate things, yes we all have seen it. I just like to be playful, making peoples experiences fun!

Conclusion: This is a lot of writing but I think you can see that this will be worth it to be a mod or helper. I do see that this will be worth it and I would like to help in any way I can!:p This would be a big honor.
    MEEP ON EVERYONE!

2. Netrarc

Netrarc Popular Meeper

Welcome to Meepcraft! I noticed in-game that you joined the server a little less than a month ago, and I'm glad you enjoy the server well enough to want to help. There are many ways you can do this: become active on the forums so that you can learn about the server's culture and rules, then use that knowledge to help others by answering questions on the forums. You can become active in game and apply your learning by answering questions in /shout. Finally, you can use Teamspeak to learn more about the other players and become known in the community.

So far, however, you have done none of these things. You joined the forum today, and this application is your first forum post. I have never seen you in-game or on Teamspeak. It is safe to say that you have a lot to learn about this community before you can serve well as a staff member.

With regard to your application, there are a few things that need attention:

When you become active in game or read about the staff on the forums, you will noticed that there are four staff positions: Helper, Moderator, Supermod, and Admin. Before becoming a moderator, you must prove your willingness to help; this is done by applying to become a Helper and fulfilling the functions of that position. Only after you have proven yourself as a helper may you apply to become a mod.

I really can't tell which case you are attempting to make here, but these types of political statements have no place here. Meepcraft is a game: let's keep it light. Try to avoid taking political positions that usually lead to arguments and strife.

Staff interviews are conducted via Teamspeak, and verbal Teamspeak activity is a big part of the staff position. Don't be too hasty to dismiss it as a requirement until you've fully understood it's usefulness.

As a staff member, you will be asked to mediate arguments, to hear both sides of a story, and to try to find the truth of a matter. If you dismiss your argumentative nature as "part of who I am" you seem to be saying that you aren't willing to change. That position is not compatible with the requirements of staff.

You had time to write your application at your own pace, but you still could not decide whether we should worry or not. Will you have as much trouble making decisions and choosing the right path when quick responses are required?

I do not think that you are ready to become a staff member at this time. However, if you take time to become a part of the community, to learn about us and to let us learn about you, and work on the maturity issues, you may one day be ready to try again.

-1 for now.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. Mainkreke

Mainkreke Popular Meeper

*I need to seem some more posts, as this is your first one.
    *I can see you're eager, but at least get to know the community first.
    *I highly doubt you're that familiar with the MeepCraft commands, ^ as Netrarc said. You joined fairly recently.
    I love seeing someone eager to help the server, but I don't think today is your day.

4. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

I think you may have a great personality, unfortunately the application wasn't quite up to par, and I personally think you should get to know the community more than 1 month would allow. However, I think in time you could certainly improve on all these things. For now I am a -1.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  5. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

I have no idea who you are, gratz on your first post...

6. dannyj2801

dannyj2801 Popular Meeper

-1 You seem like you may make good staff but work on the forum activity and maybe gain some more expeirience with the community.

I believe that your app should never be your first post.

7. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

8. Scott11B

Scott11B Popular Meeper

-1 You need to become a little more experienced in-game. Being staff is a difficult position, and we are only accepting those who we know can handle the position.

On another note. Very well written answer Netrarc. Very tactful and polite. You don't expect to see this kind of thing on the forums.

9. Juanphis

Juanphis Popular Meeper

10. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

-1... And congrats on your first post!

11. MrHollywoot

MrHollywoot Popular Meeper

"Introduction:I love to play Minecraft, even if my friends make fun of me for it :D. Most people don't think power should be handed over to girls (Presidents,Sports,Etc.) And i'm not saying most cases are like that. I just think males have more power, especially in video games like this. I like to play volleyball. I have 2 classes a week. So that would leave just enough time for meepcraft! I do have school, 8-3:20, but never any long homework. My favorite color is orange and I am very kind to others."

1. Staff is not power its responsabilty
    2. Women are equal if not better then us men

"The fact is i can persuade anyone to agree or disagree or start or stop or whatever the case might be."

1. Hi im Mr Sawyer maybe you know my cousin Denein0 or our Tech Onis_luck...I bet we can prove this wrong

Ok all serious stuff forward

You are newer here which is the only reason im going to say -1
    Your app screams interview for helper Just a few things in your app I grasped that you still need a slightly larger knowledge base of meepcraft and how staff works.

Hang out for a couple weeks and Get a larger grasp on the community ill +1 your interview When you reapply

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  12. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

This will be denied at this time. Please work on the points mentioned about and reapply in two weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.