1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Newcomers Can't Be Invited into a Town until They Finish Tutorial

Discussion in 'Denied' started by agnd, Feb 11, 2018.

1. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

If you didnt gather this from the title, I think new people shouldn't be able to be invited to towns until they have completed the Towns Tutorial.
    This would ensure they got the basic info they need before they began to play a pretty complicated game, for those who haven't played Towny before.
    Additionally, if somebody just joins the server and is spammed with a bunch of towns' invites, that just discourages them from playing at all.

evilalec555 and xAZN_SJx like this.
  2. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

Pretty sure spawn tutorial kinda gives some info on towns. Plus, usually new players ask how to get money and most people respond to by quests, which leads them to the quest master in spawn who offers the towns tutorial and gives them money. Additionally, towns do somewhat provide information with town rules and some towns state in their rules something along the lines of
    "if you have any additional questions message a town staff"
    Something like that

evilalec555 likes this.
  3. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

Tutotials are annoying and restricting new players who would rather skip it would cause them to be frustrated and quit and I dont see why we should change a system that has worked for years

4. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

the problem is it doesn't work. The probability of a new player staying is probably 0.5%. You can only survive Meep if you befriend an experienced player. I sure as heck didn't know things at first, I had to ask bloodyghost pretty much everything. Meep's tutorial pretty much says "/modreq mate, good luck!"

qazini, CluelessKlutz and SuperDyl like this.
  5. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Any town that doesnt ask residents if they have any questions after going through their normal proceedure should be disbanded

Noahnda likes this.
  6. Muunkee

I dont see how this system will be better, if anything, itd be worse bc its a block to actually playing the game

7. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

how will you play and enjoy it if you have no idea how to do anything?

SuperDyl likes this.
  8. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

This is the best idea ik and it probably wont be passed at all, but I also think the towns tutorial should be simplified, so you arent running around the spawn for 10 minutes looking for people
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 11, 2018 ---
    Towns should ask if their new residents if they have questions, and most do, but I'm saying not as many questions would need to be asked if we had a simple tutorial that everyone went through

9. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

I give all my new res a “towny guide” by quazini it seems to work and is very helpful

SuperDyl and qazini like this.
  10. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

It's actually being used by someone?
    YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
    Thank you so much though, I spent so long on that thing.

(If any mayors would like to give out copies to new residents I can give you some if I'm ever in game)

11. Muunkee

Why would you play and try to enjoy it when theres a silly tasl blocking you r way

Teach your ressies

12. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

Denied due to adding extra layers preventing players from simply joining the game. A server tutorial, forced or not, does not substitute players teaching them. @Qazini 's guide has proved far more effective, and there will be a server book later on following the next Tutorial update (waiting on the new Meep API).

iMelXP and qazini like this.