1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

New Spawn Tour - 1.10 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fuzzlr, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Fuzzlr

Fuzzlr Owner Staff Member Owner

slider.png

While our previous spawn dared to explore a new contemporary theme for the server, it did not have the character and navigational ease that we were looking for. We decided to create a new spawn. With the help of the architectural team we drafted a new outline for a spawn that would not only bring back many great architectural themes from our previous builds, but also incorporated the nuances and complexity of today's standard of Minecraft architecture.

The spawn is a central place where players gather. There is no reason that anyone should gather in an environment that is not completely comfortable to them. Sometimes a grand or ostentatious design can take away from how comfortable the environment is. This balance was one of the things that was put under consideration when building the spawn.

[​IMG]

Above is an image of our preliminary design. We believed the main points of the hub should be equidistant from the center, and this is reflected in the image above. While the portals formed an arc around one side of the spawn point, the main building would form an arc around the other. We planned on putting most of the main features inside the main building to reduce the overall complexity of the user experience.

[​IMG]

Later on, we decided to bring more of an organic touch to the build by forming curves. It is nice to have organic shapes in the build because each segment curves into the other. For me, it evokes a feeling of togetherness... almost like each part of the spawn flows into the next.

[​IMG]

Any real architect will agree that although a building has a character all on its own, the real character comes its occupants. Thought the spawn we have placed NPCs as part of our quest system. By surrounding each NPC with a story, we can give each area additional purpose and character. Here, Larry Dimmick from the Reservoir Dogs sits across from the Bartender, who will talk to the player and dispense 6 unique collectible drinks, which also double as quest items.

[​IMG]

There are plenty of secret areas to explore.

[​IMG]

Almost every part of the spawn has some sort of design or functionality-oriented purpose. Here is a photo of the lower room. The center staircase leads down to the Terrarium PVP Arena, and the staircase supported by a forking beam leads to the Shop where items can be bought or sold. Across from the terrarium entrance you will find the bank, where 3 Tellers will readily exchange gold ingots for Meebles. Can you find @reggles44?

[​IMG]

The Airship dock is not just a place where you can embark on quests. Here you will find Hobart the Helpless, a character who lives in the airship storage yards and is just struggling to get by. Great imaginative building by @andrewrobins.

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of the original Terrarium. It has been brought back to its former glory in the new spawn. There are two access points situated near the main spawn point for easy access to the arena. On one side there is a staff spectator room, and on the other a window looking into the secretive Meep Club.

We hope that the new spawn will encourage curiosity and exploration. If you want to see more, log into meepcraft.com and explore for yourself!

2. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

I do like the new design a lot, I will say. (First!)

The last spawn didn't feel like a place I would ever choose to spend time because of the way it didn't connect with Towny at all. In addition, the materials used on this are a lot smoother then the Quartz-spam in the last one. The combination of the white and pink was absolutely terrible, while this adds a much more grand but realistic expression of Towny.

KyloMeep, Muunkee, trdavis25 and 6 others like this.
  3. Deinen

Deinen S'all Good Man

The only way to read this post is in the voice of the narrator of "How it's Made"

4. Niiicck

Niiicck Retired SuperMod

Just a cute little video.

5. coobl

coobl Active Meeper

nice

kyle_docherty7 likes this.
  6. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

I like this spawn. It's like the old one, similar to the one I experience when I first joined. It's open and has nice trees and stuff and easy to navigate through! I can't wait to explore more!!

Good job staff team! :D :D

7. icoolguyi

icoolguyi Popular Meeper

This spawn is just too big... I'll try to get use to it

8. zalicorn

zalicorn Popular Meeper

Love the spawn! The Architects did an amazing job!!!:):):)But it will take a while to get used to!!!

Draqq and kyle_docherty7 like this.
  9. nath.banana

nath.banana Popular Meeper

You must make a new meepcraft promo video exactly like this one but with the new stuff. (at least same song) @Bluapol @Bloopers @AnyoneElseWhoWantsToReally

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. Zer0000000000

Zer0000000000 Popular Meeper

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING

Courtneyyy and kyle_docherty7 like this.
  11. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

yes

yes

kyle_docherty7 and Mjs6000 like this.
  12. Tonytheterrible

Tonytheterrible Popular Meeper

I think its too complex I was just on and it really hard to navigate. I miss the spawn before last spawn...

13. Llamazon

Llamazon Celebrity Meeper

IMO this spawn is more easily navigated than the spawn before the last spawn
    we all have to get used to it, that's part of the process

CluelessKlutz likes this.
  14. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Honestly, considering the fact that not one of the last three spawns had a majority of positive feedback on release the fact that this one did is awesome! Good work archs, fuzzlr, and the rest of the team that helped!

KyloMeep, trdavis25, Pmx728 and 2 others like this.
  15. trdavis25

trdavis25 Celebrity Meeper

Thanks fuzzlr and the staff team!Great work on the update.

kyle_docherty7 likes this.