1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

New perk/donor perk

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Jinkeloid, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

Introduction:

Recently, renaming event item has become unavailable, it's because staff intentionally disabled it for some reason. Event items are very op so everyone wants to put mending on them so they can be infinitely used, but staff doesn't want us to do so.

Basic idea:

Make renaming/enchants available for event items for limited quantity.

Advanced option:

Option 1

Allow some ranks (i.e. Exclusive+) to claim event items by a new command then rename the claimed items so they can put mending/other enchants on them. Claimed items cannot be picked up they have to be unclaimed to be able to pick up. (Just like what we did for /fix in old days)

Option 2

Everyone can claim event items by a new command then they rename the claimed items so they can put mending/other enchants on them, higher donor ranks can have more claimed items(i.e. cit 1,VIP 2, Prem 3 Excl 6, Elite 7, Sup 8, Ult 9; this would probably increase number of Exclusives just like we had /fix for Elite+ in old days and made Elite one of the most valuable rank). Claimed items cannot be picked up they have to be unclaimed to be able to pick up.

Conclusion:

It's not because you are afraid of having diabetes you don't eat anything contains sugar; it's not because you are going to have diet and you don't eat anything, you just need to eat less.

Control is good, cut off is bad.

2. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

what

ENIbeast and Peero like this.
  3. Jinkeloid

Translation: Afraid of unbalance of mending event items is not a good reason to disable it.

4. Liam

Liam Fergalicious, baby

GOTCHA, yeah okay makes sense.
    This would be a very difficult task for developers, however, this idea is very reasonable in terms of desire. Don't take it personally if this doesn't make the cut, I can imagine this sort of switch for items will be very challenging.
    Good luck!

Peero and Jinkeloid like this.
  5. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

I think the main point of them removing the ability to add mending to event tools is an attempt to begin the process of reversing the wide spread and ill-thought out hand outs of event items. While using event items are great, they are extremely OP and have all but annihilated any kind of god tool market. Meep once had a thriving god tool and armor market, but since the introduction of these events, this market has all but disappeared. Since staff can't just take away the items, as players earned them, by removing the ability to add mending, it will lower the amount of them at the very least.
    While I see your point about the fear of mending imbalance is not a good reason to disable it, I do personally disagree when it comes to event items. These are tools with Efficiency 7 and 8, fully decked out, and in some cases, with enchants they are not capable of having. Event items should be interesting collectibles and be somewhat rare. Not every player should be able to have efficiency 7 and never have to buy another pic again.
    I agreed with the staff decision to remove the ability to add mending, as I do feel like it can fix a lot of the problems with the current tool economy, and it would be a mistake to reverse this decision.

ENIbeast, Adrian and Iatemyfriends like this.
  6. Jinkeloid

Mending was removed earlier but it's eventually added back, that's why I made this thread.

7. ENIbeast

ENIbeast Popular Meeper

I agree with what Peero said above and I also think that the economy for god tools and armor was best when mending was disabled completely. Even with the removal of the ability to add mending to event items, people can still have eff5 mending tools and they would never have to purchase one again. I personally think the removal of mending would be the best change for the eco and I think that not allowing mending on event items is a great first step.

Peero likes this.
  8. Jinkeloid

I've just investigated 2 of top minecraft servers on the minecraft server.org website, and the result is, both of them have mending books on their server and they have tons of players. And on one server the price of a beacon is 150k, it's 5 times the price compare to our 30k; a diamond chestplate with Unb3 Prot4 and Mending is 30k while a diamond worth about 300.

An economy does not only consist of armors, weapons, tools and enchant books.

Will mending destroy economy? Questionable
    Will losing people destroy economy? Yes

If you really wish eco to grow, then pray more people to join so there would be much more demand.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 4, 2021 ---
    Server #1 (vote rank 23):
    mending1.png mending2.png
    Server #2:

mending3.png
    mending4.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2021 ---
    This might be rude but I must say it

Talking about economy in Minecraft is a joke

Why? Because 99% of items are obtainable by your own hands AND we/other servers do regular resets for resource world and this will make resources worthless, so they are basically free. The only valuable thing is probably your time.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  9. Math_Pro

Math_Pro Celebrity Meeper

There's an exploit out there where u can put mending on event tools. dk how it is done though

10. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Denied, this is not possible to do