1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

New Item for Vote Crate - Obsidian Pick

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Hornemans, Mar 23, 2018.

?

Which of the following do you like (you can choose more then 1)?

1. Yes, add the obsidan pick.

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. Yes, change the glass pick to unbreaking 10.

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Do neither, this is the stupidest idea you have ever had.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hornemans

Hornemans God of Meebles

Okay, so we have a "glass" pick, any chance we can get an "obsidian" pick of the same or similar sort.

Glass Pick
    1. Instantly Breaks "Glass"
    2. Unbreakable? (NOTE: I would also suggest this changed to unbreaking 10)
    3. 0.5% chance

Obsidian Pick
    1. Instantly Breaks "Obsidian"
    2. Not unbreakable, but like unbreaking 10 perhaps.
    3. 0.5% chance is acceptable

No, this is not made from obsidian (made from diamonds), but just kills obsidian instantly or much faster than normal, and ONLY able to break obsidian (just like the glass pick only breaks glass).

Thoughts?

SuperDyl, riri30 and agnd like this.
  2. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

if it makes it so i dont have to break obsidian 9000 times due to eggpalnt, im in

3. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

+1, idk if this is a popular opinion, but Meep needs some cool custom items, and not just in voting.

4. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

5. Bobius

Bobius Popular Meeper

I love this idea! I hate how slowly obsidian breaks and thats why I never use it in my builds. This would give me the chance to use it!

6. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Pretty solid idea, my only suggestion is to keep it at a normal unbreaking 3. This is because, on average, a diamond pick with unbreaking 3 has 6144 uses. A pick with unbreaking 10 has around 18000+ uses. The pick should either be more rare or have a lower level of unbreaking, because this would make obsidian too easy to harvest.

7. Its_Madison

Its_Madison Professional Nerd

+1 This would be a neat item.

8. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I like the idea, the only issue is with jobs, you earn a fair bit mining obsidian and I feel this will heavily ruin the eco if this was to become a thing people could get

Courtneyyy likes this.
  9. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Making it so it doesn’t have unbreaking on it at all would be a good idea. Also make it as rare as the endermite spawner and I think it would be a great idea.
    I do not believe that it would even come close to “heavily ruining the eco” if it is a rare item. Job prices of obsidian may need to be nerfed but that is all.

I believe adding rare custom items such as the one suggested is exactly what is needed to enhance the eco and will increase trading between players. Give the rich players something to spend their money on.

riri30, alex77034 and Courtneyyy like this.
  10. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

I love this idea so much, but I agree with making it have no other enchants on it so that it is a pretty basic pickaxe. It would be super cool!

bloodyghost and qazini like this.
  11. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Oh boy... hold on just a minute.

The beauty of meepcraft is that it's always been almost 100% vanilla. Quite frankly, if you want custom items, there are better servers that aren't vanilla; go play those.

As for the actual pick, it's less efficient than withers anyway, so if your concern is breaking the eco consider the alternatives. +1 for 0.5% with no unbreaking

SpongeyStar likes this.
  12. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

I see what you’re saying, but personally I feel like custom items are okay as long as they aren’t too complex. However, “server mods” where there are industrial machines or an entirely new magic spell system are where things start to get weird. As long as custom items remain more rare than their normal counterparts it’s not a problem (this is why vote tools are a problem right now, there are almost more if not already many more vote tools than there are normal tools).
    Glass picks are an example of a good custom item. They are rare, but not too rare, and they are balanced.

Summers, qazini, riri30 and 2 others like this.
  13. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

+1 obsidian = volcanic glass

14. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Yikes!

15. Flamedemond2

Flamedemond2 Highly flammable

Accepted based on the fact that it would not be near instant break, and would not be nearly as durable as the original suggestion.

SuperDyl likes this.