1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Nether Reset

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Roorocks821, Jun 17, 2017.

?

Should we reset the nether?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2017.
  1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
  1. Roorocks821

Roorocks821 Popular Meeper

I have noticed that shops selling nether items that are exclusive to the nether are becoming quite hard to find and very expensive. Most of the nether is waste land, random block towers and any "Loot" has been long gone, the mobs that normally spawn in the environment are also becoming rare to find, but that may be for a different reason, I'm unsure. I want to push the idea of resting the nether back to square one and allow the players to get resources that are needed.

2. Even_Longer

Even_Longer Popular Meeper

1. Spawn rate is nerfed by the server.

2. I found a untouched nether fortress 2-3 days ago (untouched crates, existing blaze spawner). Just checked it 10 minutes ago... everything is still there.

3. Unnecessary wild resets will cause a inflation and destroy the economy....
    E.g. :Whats the worth of having like 1000 diamonds after reset, when they are worth as much as 100 before the reset...

If you ask me: For me it looks like, that you are just too lazy to run 30 minutes in the nether to find a untouched area.

Anyway huge: -1

Greetings

Even_Longer

Attached Files:

3. Daniel Thompson

Daniel Thompson Popular Meeper

You see... It's a good idea to have the nether reset at (possibly) the same time as the wild, but it would be too much of an issue and most likely going to be hard work. The only benefit I see for this happening is that the prices of all items will come down due to the amount that is available in the nether. I don't see how it would make a big change. I am okay if this becomes a thing, but only if staff and the community deem it worth having. +/-

Roorocks821 likes this.
  4. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

In my personal experience, people complain that "all the quartz is gone," but I can easily find quartz by going into sealed in areas or harder to access areas, some of which are abound with quartz. At some point, yes, the nether will need to be reset, but I would estimate it wont be necessary for a month or two. 0.5+

5. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

We do not plan to reset the Nether for the time being.

bloodyghost and Roorocks821 like this.