1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Mylucky7's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Mylucky7, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

IGN: Mylucky7
    Skype Username: Googly52
    TeamSpeak name: Mylucky7
    Mic Use: Good enough
    Timezone: GMT
    Hours online per weekday: 6 Ish
    Hours online at weekend: 5-10 Ish
    Position Changes: Citizen --> Helper

So, I'm back and as much as I've enjoyed my break, I am looking to come back as staff. I just have a gut feeling that I have a place waiting for me in the staff team. As many of you know, I have a lot of experience as I was Mod only a few weeks or so back which is always going to be a huge plus for me. However, I need to also explain what I can do to extend on what I was already doing. I honestly think a week or so being helper again can benefit me in a few ways; towards the end of my time as mod, I was slightly behind on modreqs and as helper I intend to bring my count higher and teach me to do so as mod. But, this time I am motivated to do aswell as I can with quality. I get a lot of satisfaction out of helping people which is my motive, this will help me extend to do even more hard work. So, instead of going on a lot in my intro for longer, im going to get right into the good points and what needs to be improved.

I will start of with more details in my experience as staff on this server and other servers. The first time I was staff on a server was a friends server where everyone got along pretty well. I was just there giving the deserved bans and kicks and working on the /helpop's. I then got the job as helper on MN which I did ok at however, was lacking behind everyone else, I was demoted for telling people of someone being banned. I then found a server which had about 30 people on at a time, it was a nice server and they did not have many staff. I acted mature and after about a month, found myself as Head-Admin. Unfortunately, the tech was a little bit crazy and had access to the consel. Consel + Crazy tech isn't really the best combination and when the community of people weren't liking him, he decided to delete the server in his rage. I left minecraft alone for a while then but still went on meepcraft. Then one time I was casually on Skype to a friend and he told me that someone from Meepcraft who was a pretty old player known as Garfed3355 had made his own server. I had to join it, it was pretty small but he was a great friend to me and others. I just helped develop the server for a while and I got SuperMod on the server. When I got Helper on Meepcraft (The more recent time) I had to resign as SuperMod on that server as Meepcraft is my passion. There are also other servers I have been mod on which I wont go into detail however, I will say now one involves a certain RossCoombs. That is my experience nicely put together in a big neat box.

What do I plan to do? Well, I want to do as much as I can as helper going through modreqs spending quality time on them making sure they are done correctly to the highest standard. Then, I intend to go on and apply for moderator again as it was only a while ago since I was mod. However, I will judge myself and maybe some peers will be able to judge if I should apply for mod a week or so in. I will need to know exactly what I did as helper thinking about if it was good enough, if I need more time or other reasons. I see myself in a month or so happily doing my job as mod.

What am I like? I am generally quite an open minded person however, I may be a little stubborn every now and then as my friends will tell you. I am always 100% honest and hard working. I also enjoy teaching others there do's and don'ts. I suppose, I generally enjoy the respect I get off others which may explain why I at first wanted to be a staff member way back.

Why back so quick? I just love being a staff member, and I need a bit of a blank canvas to work from which every now and then, everyone does. I really want to this time make a difference to the community. Even the smallest improvement I make would bring a smile to my face.

Why have you not been helping in shout recently? Well, I honestly haven't been shouting as mylucky7, I have still helped out on other accounts and I will say the names to the Mod/Admins who want to know. I use the alts for myself. They were first intended to just see how others were getting on until I was told that it was Cooley's job. If I am on as mylucky7 I will take the opportunity to help out on instinct.

Forums. Since my resignation, I have gained Well Known Member which for me is quite a good achievement as I have never really been the forums type of guy but, I proved myself wrong I actually got it, my face lit up when I saw that alert... I haven't really been in the unofficial guides area much. As staff, I was on forums a lot more and I assume I will be on again.

Teampspeak. As staff I was on TS a lot more, and I still go on a lot now, I love the general TS atmosphere! Its great, although, If I can I could try to put a little more effort to get on there rather than Skype with friends.

My goals:
    1. I want to work to the best of my ability as helper and hopefully stand out from the rest
    2. Make a difference to the Meep Community.
    3. Set a standard for others to follow.
    4. Try to take on bigger challenges.

Weakness: I still get a little annoyed at people if I am mocked at all or say If I make the wrong choice. I am to work on this a lot more and I intend to keep it under control. However, I do love a good argument which does not help sometimes but can be my best friend.
    Also, towards the end of my time as staff my modreq count went down a little bit which didn't look too good. However, that is what I want to improve on if I get helper.

To conclude, I feel with my experience and all of the things listed above (Except the weakness) I could really make a difference to the meepcraft community once more and maybe, just maybe change a few things and possibly make them perfectly right. I feel ready, I feel motivated and know that the time for me is right. Now, a quick quote that I honestly love: "Success is simple. Do what's right, at the right time" - Arnold H. I feel this is what's right and this is the right time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

smk, Ninja_of_Tempest and BooBear1227 like this.
  2. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

Are forums broken? I can't like this more than once. :/

+1 You were a great staff member and I looked up to you for guidance on how to do several things at one point. I would love to see you back on staff. :)

You can't stay away forever ;).

3. Ninja_of_Tempest

Ninja_of_Tempest Celebrity Meeper

This is best application I have seen in the last month ever!

You are mature, helpful, fun, nice, and active.

+1

4. Mylucky7

Thanks for the positive start boo and ninja :)

Attached Files:

5. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

Mylucky, you were an outstanding staff member, and your app was a pleasure to read. However, I would like to make a valid argument. You resigned from staff less then a month ago. I think you need to wait a while before becoming helper again. I'm not going to vote, because my feelings about you are just too torn. Sorry!

6. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

+1. You were a great staff member, and that doesnt seem to have changed.

BooBear1227 likes this.
  7. Hillbilly19970

Hillbilly19970 Celebrity Meeper

There is no reason needed. You were brilliant as a staff member last time and I guarantee you will be just as
    Good this time.
    +1

8. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

plus one great staff member

9. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

Can I do more than +1? Like +50000000
    You're great, everyone makes mistakes [everyone has those days].
    Please come back baby <3

BooBear1227 likes this.
  10. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

I find it really silly when staff members resign and then apply again in a couple weeks... just so they have to rise through all the ranks again for a little bit of attention.

Like, really silly.

But hey, whatever. You didn't do anything stupid when you were staff before and you aren't an idiot.

+1

11. Lysseal

Lysseal Popular Meeper

+1. I find it weird that you resigned, then applied again just a couple weeks apart, BUUUT you were a great staff member.

12. Flamedemond

Flamedemond Celebrity Meeper

You honestly left staff a few days ago. Now you're applying again?

Make up your mind. I have made up mine though. You leave staff just to come back. That's honestly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Lilliya and mrli1 like this.
  13. SSSoul

SSSoul Celebrity Meeper

14. oscarhouston

oscarhouston Popular Meeper

-10000000000000000000 Really horrible. Arrogant and stupid

15. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

Your bias, butthurt, or both.

+1

Please don't resign, then reapply. Honestly, it's stupid. Your just asking for attention.

16. Mylucky7

Sorry, I just needed some time to decide.
    Oh and Oscar is butthurt, I killed him in pvp and after not giving him stuff back he hates me.

Videogames321 and DancingCactus like this.
  17. LukenDan

LukenDan Celebrity Meeper

Don't post this in an app. Ever. Trust me. It makes you look arrogant and jerk-ish for calling people butthurt. Just trust me, you shouldn't have written that.

But anyways, you don't seem stupid

+1

18. PuckMiner

PuckMiner Celebrity Meeper

I am a -.5 because I feel you still need a little bit of time not being staff. In 2 weeks I would be a definite +1.

19. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

Accepted for interview!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.