1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Mylucky7's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Mylucky7, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

In Game Name: Mylucky7
    Skype Username: googly52
    Teamspeak Username: Mylucky7
    Mic use: Good mich. Used a lot.
    Timezone:GMT
    Hours online per weekday:5-7
    Hours online per weekend:7-8
    Position Changes: Helper --> Mod

Ok so, I will get straight into this. I am Richard, I am currently helper and wish to take things up a step. I love helping at the minute and wish to do a little more and taking on a more responsible role than my current position. Over the time as helper I have picked up different skills and have taken on new challenges. I have shown a great improvement on the small issues which could sometimes have brought me down. Going through all of this I have shown a lot of determination and willingness to carry on. As well as that I enjoy doing the work. I have to admit I get a lot of satisfaction when I get to the point of doing /done and in the knowledge that I have tried my hardest to a great extent. I simply love it and feel I can do more for the community. I have read through the requirements for being a moderator and think that is right for me.

So why should I be a moderator?
    Well I have always been reliable taking the responsibilities of my role as helper and wish to carry on as mod and maybe do that bit more. Ok, so I know what a few people are think it may be a little bit too early but, I feel I am 100% ready to move up. I have been told by many people that for me it is time for a move up. So, I will give a few points:

My Modreq helping:
    I have been completing modreqs with great care to ensure that they are completed of the highest standard which is what is going to be needed within the mod position. I always try to get to every last little detail. For example when I was investigating a double case I found that there had been a griefing and assistant abuse. I found exactly what was going on via Skype and ingame. It was a confusing story altogether with a lot to it however, I was sure to get the full story with peoples view of what happened and hawk eye scannings etc.

Shout:
    At the start of my time as helper I was slightly nervous about moderating shout and worried about if I was giving out a punishment if I got it wrong how embarrasing it would be. However, I got to a point where that all changed my confidence was improved greatly and I am always sure. To be safe, I sometimes have the rules in a separate window. So how did I change? Well, I sat with my iPad using a minecraft chat connecter and just moderated shout. That is where I had a great improvement.

Forums:
    I have been on forums quite a lot more than I used to. I have been helping out with Ban reqs, scammings and refund reqs. I have a good few examples of screenshots I took to help out the Admins/Supermods refund a player after they were scammed out of a chest of loot. The process of finding where the chest was took a long time. That shown a lot of determination.

Skype/TS:
    I have used both of these to my advantage when handling modreqs. I have made investigations on Skype from scammings to harassment. As I said earlier I want to get every part of the story without missing anything out. On teamspeak I have been working well with other mods and my staff group leader.

Weakness:
    I have a few problems here and there which are being worked on however, my main problem is that when I bans someone I always get a lot of complaints if it's not what they like. This really annoys me and I have reacted once or twice however, others have told me not too and I have listened.

So all together these go really well to make an ideal moderator. As mentioned, I love doing what I do and I feel I can do more with the extra responsibility. I have taken all my pros and cons into consideration and I know that I am ready to move up.

Thank you,
    Mylucky7.

forces5 and rorihouston like this.
  2. the_sexy_ninja

the_sexy_ninja Popular Meeper

Hmmm...

Hi Mylucky!

I'd like to start off by saying that I will be giving my opinion based on forums/the application, because I don't see you much in-game. I completely understand you are ina different timezone, so I'll leave that out.

Forums: You seem like a nice person, who can get things done. You seem to be a very nic person to talk to as well :) Though 1 negative I'd have to say is your forum activity. You've been around for a while, and 167 posts isn't much for over 3 months on these new forums. I think you can work on this by posting on staff applications and ban requests more frequently, as the staff's opinion means a lot to the players.

Application: Its alright, could be better, but thats fine. You covered a lot of points, very detailed, which I love to see.

I have seen you a couple times on TS, but yet again, timezones may be a factor here.

I'm for a +1 here, I hope to see you go far on the staff team :)

3. Qaztar

Qaztar Celebrity Meeper

+0
    Your nice, but I think a little more time as a staff could help.

chaos546 likes this.
  4. chirp1234

chirp1234 Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]

I'm gonna base this off the forums and your app, +0

You don't seem to be active on the forums enough and your app was decent.

5. shains

shains never stop fighting

+1 Mylucky, I think you're doing great. Keep up the good work.

6. BooBear1227

BooBear1227 Sunflower | Always

+1

Based on experiences with you, you seem to be great at what you do. My only down side is a few grammatical mistakes, but hey, nobody is perfect with anything they do. Off of that, I am glad that you found your flaws and are improving them.

7. Sarge926

Sarge926 Celebrity Meeper

+1

I've known you a long time

I have talked to you on TeamSpeak

I've been in your town constantly until recently.

I trust you in paying me back/helping me because getting you ultimate:)

Good Luck

8. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

+10

rorihouston likes this.
  9. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

-1 A little bit more time

10. LexKristen

LexKristen Celebrity Meeper

I am going to give you a +1
    You seem really determined, confident, and ready for the position of moderator which is key. Also, it looks like you enjoy being staff a lot. The one thing I think you can improve on is forum activity. Good luck :)

james_Grimplin likes this.
  11. maxyman102

maxyman102 Meeper

+7 (your lucky number)

forces5 and Mylucky7 like this.
  12. rorihouston

rorihouston Popular Meeper

+1 you are helpful, trust worthy and always a nice bubbly person to be around ingame, on skype and IRL. Good Luck Rich

13. ubersp00n

ubersp00n Popular Meeper

-1 Never see you online

14. MrL3GIT

MrL3GIT Active Meeper

1+ for me

- app was great
    - your doing great as a helper!
    - you are very active
    - you are trustworthy
    - you are a really nice person

You are ready for moderator I believe, good luck mylucky1!

15. minepose98

minepose98 Celebrity Meeper

+1. You responded fast to my app and sorted it out as fast as possible. You are a nice person, very active and you know the server well.

16. kevman967

kevman967 Popular Meeper

I only saw you online like 1-2 times.
    And then I didn't see you do anything.
    You may be doing some good but I didn't see you online so I can't evaluate that.
    I will have to +/- 0

17. TitanCookie

TitanCookie Active Meeper

-1 i seen u sometimes , i also play 10 hours a day, but somehow i dont see u type or chat much , although some of my friends have been saying that you are really doing well and good

18. XeStorm

XeStorm Popular Meeper

+.75
    I would like to see you a little bit in-game more.
    (timezones)?

19. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

Sorry been on vacation recently,
    That could explain it

20. Deinen0

Deinen0 Guest

I am a -1, due to the modreq count you have. It's not a horrible number, however as a helper, you're primary focus should be on modreqs first, shout moderation second. (In ideal situations). Your current number gives me the impression you may need some more time as helper, to further develop the relationship with players through modreqs in order to better suit you as Moderator.

Gh05t likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.