1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Mylucky7's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Mylucky7, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

IGN: Mylucky7
    Skype name: Googly52
    TeamSpeak name: Mylucky7
    Mic Use: Diana hates my mic but it works.
    Timezone: GMT
    Hours online weekday: 5-6 Hours +
    Hours online weekends: 5-10 Hours +
    Position Changes: Helper --> Moderator

Well, I'm back with my Mod application and let me start off by saying I know what your all thinking, "It's way too early to apply" well, to be completely honest with you, it isn't. As many of you know, I have already been Moderator here and as far as I've been told, I did a successful job. I feel I am fully capable of taking on the role of Moderator again with my previous experiences as staff. Now, it did take me a little while to pluck up the courage to write this, I am/was quite worried about getting a lot of criticism and felt I was in an awkward position. I then persuaded myself to go for it and take a leap after persuading myself. By that, I mean I pestered Diana about 3 times until I was sure I could do it. I know I am ready once again to step up for the job after a few weeks going over the skills of a helper again. I have to say, I probably wouldn't have thought of this without MrHollywoot. All I really had to do was ask myself one question which was: "Can I take on this role again?" Well I can. I feel I'm the man for the job. I can fully assure you I am with my previous experience. Anyway, I will come to my previous experience later on so I don't bore you too much.

So, what are my aims? Well, as a moderator I plan to do a few more things. I really want to get close with the helpers and show them the new skills, the techniques they will use. I feel that is where I had a weak point however, now I think I will enjoy it more as I feel a real bond between the team; a warm, family feeling when were all on working together in harmony. I am 100% willing to take them through it. The only way to better someone is to teach them. It can also help me by learning other peoples techniques and ideas as Aristotle said, "You cannot teach a crab to walk straight" which is true. You've got to adapt. One of my other aims are to open my mind a bit more taking in as much as I can and looking into every corner. This will also better me as a person in general which I have to say I've already been bettered by being staff I intend to do so. I also want to make more suggestions towards the server working to improve it as much as I can. I truly want to help us expand and do as much as we can. What could I work on? Well, I really want to start getting into the X-Ray finding club consisting of a few Mods and helpers. I am pretty bad at finding them I just am not very good at it even though it is pretty simple. So, I would love to take on that role.

How do I work? I work to the best of my ability, to the highest quality! I don't always try to get the most modreqs done, as long as I put my best effort into guaranteeing they are completed to the highest standard then there isn't a problem. If I see a modreq open I will always take it. I actually love doing modreqs to be honest.

Experience. Well, this is probably going to be long enough as I go over this in every application so, I'm going to try going in chronological order. So, I started off as an admin on a friends server which was only small but cozy. I would generally kick people and use Logblock to see if anyone needed banning. It was pretty relaxed there. Then I went on to MeepNetworks... I did an OK job but could have gone better. I was demoted for saying of a friends banning. Next, I joined a small server which got about 20 people on a day. I got given the rank of a trial-mod and skipped straight to admin which was pretty cool for me. I'd never really had the power before and I really enjoyed my time there. I was in control of the staff. Then, I moved up to Head-Admin which I was really proud of at the time and I made a huge difference to that server. I then basicly owned part of the server. Sadly, that server was destroyed by the Tech who was completely crazy. Then I found myself back on Meepcraft. I'd wanted to become Helper again and told myself I would do a better job than I'd done on every other server. And, as far as I know, I did good. I found myself as moderator a month later and was working at my peek. I then had a few consideration and I decided it was time for a bit of a break, which I taken for a week thinking I wouldn't come back for a few months. A week later, I wanted to become staff again but that's typical old me. So, I have been going since then and I am hoping for my previous position back.

What do I get out of it? I just get that little smile every time someone says "Thank you" or even just a winky face. I always feel like I've achieved something when I do even the simplest of modreqs. I also love being part of the staff family, it feels great!

Weaknesses?
    Well, my main weaknesses are just a few practical things like what I have previously mentioned with how I am not very good at finding X-Rayers or dupers. It's never really been my thing.
    Another is if I get something wrong, I try to support my opinion for as long as possible. If someone with more experience or someone I highly respect tells me to stop then I will always stop.

Can you still trust me? Well, yes. I have been given OP many a times and have not done anything abusive with it which is what is always expected. I've never made a bias/unfair ban and never made a ban based on my opinion whatsoever. I can fully assure you that I am trustable. I've always been very honest and down to earth.

Skype and TS. Well, I am always on Skype and will happily answer questions. I try to have my attention fixed on Skype whilst offline in game. TeamSpeak for me has been a bit weak recently however, once I get on and into a conversation I'll be on all night. I do enjoy speaking to the TS community and it always feels nice to be there. Admittedly, I sometimes will go into the staff chat and speak to other helpers about non-staff related things.

Forums. Well, I've gained Well Known Member on forums which I'm quite proud of even though now everyone's got that. But, I do enjoy forums but maybe need to work on the Report a bug section.

To conclude, I feel I am once again ready for a step up. I know that I can improve on last time and I have already set targets for myself to do so. I believe I can benefit the MeepCraft community by helping new staff members and showing them the techniques I have learnt since October the 5th. And going back, a lot of people will not be thinking I should be getting Mod after I have resigned but, I just feel it's time I can really help out and teach others my ways.

Thank you for reading.

2. marvelgamer13

marvelgamer13 Popular Meeper

ewno. I'm kidding. +1, you've shown to be very helpful and you do deserve this position. Good 'luck'! :D

Videogames321 and Nager2012 like this.
  3. Klitch

Klitch

+1 You were an amazing mod and currently an amazing helper. Your work ethic is amazing and I see you online constantly. You are kind as well.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. ManUtdFTW11

ManUtdFTW11 Celebrity Meeper

-1, I beleive you are a bit immature and havnt been helper for long...
    Good luck!

5. Nager2012

Nager2012 Popular Meeper

Read the god damn application. Now that's just ignorant.

Overqualified.

+1

Klitch, Grandblue, smk and 8 others like this.
  6. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

Amazing, just amazing
    +1

7. JumboAce

JumboAce Celebrity Meeper

What Nager said @ManUtdFTW11

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Helped me countless times. +1

JumboSkills and Nager2012 like this.
  8. DancingCactus

DancingCactus Legendary Meeper

I was at a +1 before I read the app. Then I read this portion of your app...

You could have worded this whole paragraph in a much better way so you don't come off like a shy little Helper that requires the approval of a higher up. I know exactly what you mean and what you are trying to say, but it comes off very torment-y.

Yeah, only issue is some of the wording in the application, but unlike the real world, no one cares about your resume/application.

9. GingerManOWNS

GingerManOWNS Selfie Master! BOW!!

+1 From what I've seen you look really helpful in shout and that app looks amazing :) Good luck!!!!

10. abbythrowsstuff

abbythrowsstuff Celebrity Meeper

+/- o
    I know you said that "its not too early" and everything. And your app was great I just...yeah I'm going to be that stupid person who really thinks you should have waited just because of the whole fact that you just came back after a resignation and everything... But, what does my opinion matter? This will probably get accepted. Good luck~

11. HotAsianBeans

HotAsianBeans Celebrity Meeper

I really never had any extended experience with you, so you were always a meh in my opinion, but about a week or so ago you said somethings to me that showed not only maturity, but also leadership traits. I think you are very capable of being a moderator in a group of staff that can always use another leader.
    +1

TimtheFireLord, smk and Mylucky7 like this.
  12. mrli1

mrli1 Popular Meeper

+1
    It is kinda early to apply but you are overqualified for the position.

13. james_Grimplin

james_Grimplin Popular Meeper

+1
    • 1. you are helpful
    • 2. active
    • 3. overqualified
    good luck!

14. Miro995

Miro995 Celebrity Meeper

+1
    1. Best app I have ever seen
    2. Very mature
    3. Active

15. Gladiator_Derp12

Gladiator_Derp12 Popular Meeper

+1 Really good app

16. Danielrulesman

Danielrulesman Popular Meeper

-.05 I don't really find you that mature, and this is a little too early to be creating an application for mod.

17. Jiltism

Jiltism Celebrity Meeper

+1 the beat current helper in my opinion:) always helpful, always nice, a tad immature at times (but im almost always immature lol), and a great all around guy:)

PVP TEAM WITH MEH

18. SJP

SJP spicy jalapeno pepper Elder

I still remember that post on my Enjin profile! :mad:

OT: I would find it hard to believe that you've regressed in terms of progress from when you were mod for the first time. +1

19. Mylucky7

Mylucky7 Celebrity Meeper

Thank you!
    I'm over the moon with the comments so far!

20. Highlanders3Ruth

Highlanders3Ruth Popular Meeper

Holy crap, very very nice application. +1

-1, You are pretty mature but I don't see you on, (Timezones are different)

+1, Application was extremely long and had very very well written lines and was nice.

+1, Application and helpfulness and maturity are all great so +1 all the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.