1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Moderator Application from xtJunior

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by xtJunior, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtJunior

xtJunior Unknown Vigilante

Member Name xtJunior

Additional In Game Names: X7J, iCoolguyi (Brother's account)

How old are you? 15

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekdays) 5-8

How many hours per day do you play MeepCraft? (weekends) 8-10+

Introduction: Hello everyone! I'm sure that most of you know me already! For those who don't, my name is Eddy. I've been playing on this wonderful server for about a year and a half now and a lot has happened since then. I've been helper for a bit over a month and during this time, I’ve grown a lot as a person, have gotten to meet new friends, and have become more knowledgeable about the server. I founded and currently own the town Aquacraft in Alpha, while my brother (iCoolguyi) runs it. We recruit new players and guide them around the server. I'm a social person and I enjoy interacting with other players. When I have free time I PvP with my brother in his PvP arena. Outside of Meepcraft, I'm a Freshmen in high school. It's pretty enjoyable including the fact that I have decent grades. I love hanging out with my friends and skateboarding with them. I plan to go to UC Berkeley for college. When I grow up I’d like to be a police officer, mainly in order to help others. It feels pretty good when you know that you've helped someone.

Why you should be Mod? As I stated in my Introduction, I enjoy helping players. Helping is something I've done all my life, starting with my family. I have a family of five people. Being the oldest child, I've taken the role of helping my siblings with homework, playing with them, and being a leader and role model for them. I always seek to understand before I judge, and I feel that this attitude transfers over to MeepCraft. For example, when I handle Modreqs, I imagine putting myself in the players’ situation. This helps me to understand what they feel and what they are going through, as well as more patient with them. I find that when I try to understand the other person first, I’m more patient and as friendly as possible towards others. The fact that I love helping so much, combined with my pro-activity, results in situations where it's rare when there's a Modreq sitting open and me not helping. I've done 574 modreqs (at the time I wrote this phrase) for an average of about 19 per day. Being a Mod, I would be able to handle certain situations better, as well as be well-equipped to handle those situations. I try to be as active as possible, because I love helping other players out. As I stated above, I accumulate about 48 hours or playtime per week, most of which is spent with my favorite occupation, helping. I'm a type of person with integrity, and I'm not afraid to hide the errors I've made and confess them, or ask questions when I need help. This applies to real life too, and is particularly advantageous when I work with others, especially at school. Additionally, I’d say that I have a strong work ethic. During 8th grade, my grades honestly weren't ideal. However, since then, I've put a lot or work into school, and brought them up to the level I want them to be. I've spent countless hours working out math problems, and asking friends questions. Again, this is applicable to MeepCraft, where I've dedicated a lot of time to making players’ experiences positive. When I first got Helper, I was overwhelmed with the commands and uncomfortable with being a staff member. However, since then, I've spent a lot of time learning commands, but after learning them thoroughly, I've gotten comfortable with my rank, and the commands associated with it.. When I have nothing to do I usually go to KitPvP to make sure no hackers are there, while watching chat to make sure that nobody needs help. I'm a reasonable type of person as well, before I ban someone I try to clear things up by messaging them to make sure that it isn't a misunderstanding.

What are your weaknesses? Learning never ends. Prism is a very complex plugin. Once you convinced yourself you've gotten the hang of it you always find out new things. It's something that I’m working on but as I said, you never know when it ends. Another weakness that I've noticed about myself is that I’m too generous. Many times, I have to wage a war with myself: between taking the easy way out and saying yes, or doing what’s right for both of us and say no. I've gotten considerably better at saying no my time as helper, so this shouldn't interfere with my duties as mod. Lastly, my maturity. It's not much of an issue for I take my work very seriously but sometimes while I’m with friends things can get out of hand. I'm working on it however.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: Whichever way things turn out, I will still be a loyal and active staff member of MeepCraft.

metr0n0me and CrohnZero like this.
  2. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

While you're a good guy, from what I've seen from you I just don't really think you're ready.
    Not gonna plus or minus right now, I'd really want to see more.

xtJunior likes this.
  3. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

Junior,
    -1 now don't get discouraged because of my vote. There are a ton of things I need to talk to you about concerning how to treat others even if you don't mean it sometimes what you can say is really rude even when you might be kidding. I think you need to stay helper for awhile longer and show us a ton more of what you have to offer to the staff team. Yes, you have a great modreq count but I don't believe modreq counts really weigh in on the bigger picture quality over quantity is a huge deal. Good luck though!

SirCallow and xtJunior like this.
  4. OneBreadSlice

OneBreadSlice Celebrity Meeper

No.

Too soon, too soon.

xtJunior likes this.
  5. xtJunior

Thanks for letting me know how you feel :)

6. xtJunior

Can you please message me on Skype?

7. xtJunior

Thanks for the feedback.

8. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

I'm sorry, but -1.
    I haven't really do much on the forums except post. You're also not looking at any reports, appeals, bugs, etc.
    Please work on your activity due to the fact I barely see you post in the Report A Player section, dealing with reports, since I countlessly check there.

xtJunior likes this.
  9. Nicolas Somoza

Nicolas Somoza Active Meeper

+1 I think he should uhm *drops notecards* uhm, I uh *stumbles* he should be mod because he's cool. Anyway, I think he's ready because he's always there and would be a great mod.

10. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

+/-

Sorry xt, i would make a +, but from what I've seen from the comments above, you may have applied too quickly; Just take another month or so (whilst doing a good job as helper), then make a mod app; But overall, I would defiantly want to see you as mod some time soon :)

GOOD LUCK! ;)

-Cristi

xtJunior likes this.
  11. Killdogx

Killdogx Celebrity Meeper

-1 I haven't see you helping someone in shout. I don't think that you are ready atm. Please don't try to reply every single players feedback or comments. Thanks and good luck.

xtJunior likes this.
  12. GalacticShawty

GalacticShawty Well-Known Meeper

+10
    I personally think you are up for the challenge! You've answered many of my modreqs and you've helped me learn a bunch about MeepCraft commands! A mod should feel like he or she is ready to step up their game and be totally COMMITTED to helping those around you. You, xtJunior, are a spectacular helper and would be a superior mod ;)

GOOD LUCK

xtJunior likes this.
  13. n00bslayer_99

n00bslayer_99 i like kebab

This and the fact I hold grudges. You know what I'm talking about.

xtJunior and Toostenheimer like this.
  14. KlutchDecals

KlutchDecals The Real Ironman Elder

No! This guy does tooooo many modreqs. :p

+1 all day long.

xtJunior and Bluapol like this.
  15. AmericaBabyYeah

AmericaBabyYeah Celebrity Meeper

^

xtJunior likes this.
  16. Bob4444444

Bob4444444 Celebrity Meeper

I always hated when people left negative votes on my mods apps and didn't know my inner work ethic, so I'm going to do the same to you.

From what I have seen, you have been on a lot. You appear to have an amazing modreq count, which is really good. :) I hope you keep that up!

In the modreqs you have helped me with, you have really shown what a great staff member you are. You really helped me in some cases where I needed you, and I thank you for that.

You have a pretty good attitude. Your name would never pop up in a bad attitude category. You may be immature sometimes, but that's while off the job. You're only a helper; you don't have to be perfect.

Your app could've been better in my opinion. It was pretty exceptional, but I feel you could've gone more in depth and really proved your point on "Why out of all people should you be mod?" (in a nice way :p).

But if you don't know all the commands for Prism, you're not ready yet. You need to have a full knowledge of most to all commands, and if you are a mod and you are put in the situation where you don't know what to do or a command, you're a mod. You just can't call in another mod or supermod or admin to help you (unless it's an actually super duper hard case, been there done that). You need to know how to help helpers when they have questions too. But, if you don't know the answer, then that's not good.

I'm not going to leave a vote right now, but if you know the commands, my vote is a +1.

Good luck!

Username and xtJunior like this.
  17. CreeperCristi

CreeperCristi Popular Meeper

EDIT: You know what? Im switching to +1, everyone seems to be positive about it, so since all the reasons are above, all i have to say is that i hope you get accepted! :D

-Cristi

xtJunior likes this.
  18. Bluapol

Bluapol Media Team Meeper

Ofc +1

xt and reggles are the only staff that have helped me catch hackers.

Edit: and chaos <3

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    xtJunior likes this.
  19. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

+0.75, i don't see you online often (timezones i think) but when i do you are nice, helpful and mature.
    Good Luck!

xtJunior likes this.
  20. MAJORKAIGER

MAJORKAIGER Popular Meeper

+1 Get a little more interactive with the nubs tho.

xtJunior likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.