1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Mob Card Changes

Discussion in 'Completed' started by builderjunkie012, Jul 18, 2021.

?

Card

1. Bad paper

2. Good paper

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. builderjunkie012

builderjunkie012 Celebrity Meeper

I like mob cards. The idea of getting rare/unique drops from killing mobs is a great way to incentivize hunter roles and keep things fresh.

A couple of complaints from the community is that they clog the inventory and will inevitably lose value over time.

Complaint #1 can be addressed with a dedicated mob card inventory (I know that /chest works fine, but hear me out).

In terms of depreciating value, I'd propose a cosmetic set unlocked by turning in mob cards (or sets of mob cards) in return for mob-themed cosmetic items. This not only adds an item sink for mob cards, but also creates demand for cards past a collector's novelty item.

I think that these two proposals can be introduced in conjunction with one another. A card inventory can double as a collection page to view owned cards as well as missing cards in a particular set and can serve to streamline implementation of a collection system.

EllieEllie and Adrian like this.
  2. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Mob cards will be removed!