1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeGustaYou's Helper to Mod Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by MeGustaYou, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

In Game Name: MeGustaYou

Skype Username: megustayou12

Teamspeak Username: MeGustaYou

Mic use: Always

Timezone: Central (Arkansas)

Hours online per weekday: 4 ½ hours

Hours online per weekend: Saturday is around 12 hours, and Sunday is around 6.

Position Changes: Helper to Mod

Introduction:

Hi, I’m Emily (with extra emphasis on the M, as said by most people on TeamSpeak), or, MeGustaYou, in game. I turned 12 around 15 days ago. My hobbies include playing MeepCraft, playing the oboe sometimes, and that’s basically it. Every chance I get, I’m in this computer chair, playing Meep. I live in a kind of large town in Arkansas (omg what’s Arkansas) and I have around 3 best friends, but other than that, MeepCraft is my life, and it’s what I look forward to after every school day.

Why:
    I have the right amount of determination.
    Ever since I have became helper, I’ve had the oddest feeling in my stomach. I have realized that it is a fire. It is a constantly burning fire. It doesn’t spread and take over my every action, it just stays there. It reminds me to get up, look beyond the hills, beyond the mountains, beyond the earth, and do my best, and use the tools I have responsibly to improve the community.
    And I have learned to not let the fire burn out, even through the toughest storm. This is determination. The moderate kind. Not determination where you push people down to get to the top for fame or fortune, nor the kind where you just do the bare minimum to get by. I want to push forward in my own pace and make sure I am proficient in all the things that I can possibly do. I want to be the best I can be as a person, and staff, all the time.

MeepCraft has also taught me a variety of life lessons.

The grass is greener on the other side
    Since I’m so young, I have even doubted myself several times about how I’m going to cope with responsibilities, how I’m going to be able to speak with people, etc…. but I have practiced these things and have become almost a completely different person, kind of. I have learnt to not compare myself to others because I might as well set my own self up to fail.

No man is an island
    I have learnt that everybody needs help, and to reach out when you do need help. Improvement is constantly necessary; no matter how perfect something is, and I have realized that.

Keep your chin up
    I have learnt that, even when you are sad, if you keep your chin up, be confident, and smile, you will turn out fine; even in the deepest flood.

Will is no skill
    I have learnt that if I want something, then I should do it; or at least try my best to do it.

What’s done is done
    I have learnt that I am unable to put back the clock, no matter how many mistakes are made. Mistakes are only failure when nothing is learnt from it, and, I have learned from my mistakes.

And, I have learnt, many, many more.

This knowledge means so much to me and I’m so happy and lucky to be here. A normal 12 year old girl is probably watching TV all day, but I get to come home and have fun on a Minecraft server that I love. In just 9 weeks, I feel as if I have learnt a lot of the things that I will need to be successful later in life, and that hits me pretty hard, in a good way. It sounds ridiculous, you know, a game teaching me so many things about life, but it’s true. All of the knowledge I have received here will be put to use; and that, I am very sure of.

While I have been helper, I have learned and became really efficient at Hawkeye. I have improved at moderating chat, and I have also learned about modreqs, of course, and I have learnt about what being staff truly is about: Making the community a better place, a role model to the community whilst enforcing the rules. And that’s what I love to do, every second I’m online, and always will. Even through the heaviest of rain.

Weaknesses:

One of my biggest weaknesses is forum activity, but I will definitely work on that. It’s not that I neglect the forums, I do read a lot, I just don’t post. Which, I will try my best on fixing.
    Another weakness is that sometimes I feel like I don’t know what to say in certain situations. For example, if somebody compliments me or gives me something, I am just unsure what to say. I try to fix things like this by using Google to see how to reply to some questions; or anything of that sort.
    I sometimes second guess punishment length. I try my best to fix this by keeping a list of what some staff members ban and what they based the length off of, and I determine the severity of the situation, and determine the length of most of my bans off of that list.

Conclusion:

I feel as if I have successfully shown my abilities as a helper and I feel that I am ready for moderator. I have learnt a lot here; not just about Minecraft and rules, but plenty of life lessons that I will never forget for the rest of my life. I have became quicker at modreqs, and learnt a lot about hawkeye. I have bonded with other staff and the community, and I am prepared for the responsibilities and situations that moderators face.

Jackl01 likes this.
  2. DianaB72

DianaB72 Celebrity Meeper Elder

OMG!! Its about time!!!

+1

3. Coelho

Coelho Onis_Luck Elder

+9001

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  4. DeathBunny55

DeathBunny55 Popular Meeper

It's been what, almost 2 months? I feel you're more then ready, +1.

5. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

6. Lady_Hestia

Lady_Hestia Retro, Dance, Freak

Yayyyyy +50mil. U great at kicks and great on ts!!!!

7. Jackl01

Jackl01 Celebrity Meeper

+1 you've had a lot of experience now and I think you're ready for the promotion!

8. Qwikin

Qwikin Guest

Hey, lookie there, it's not a poem anymore

+0 because you have positives and negatives

9. chaos546

chaos546 Canadian Forums Stalker

+1 because you have given me no reasons to -1 you xP

10. CyborgZeroX

CyborgZeroX -=Retired Staff Member=- Elder

+1
    I have talked and seen you on alot.

11. jacknat96

jacknat96 Celebrity Meeper

+1 good helper :)

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  12. nhjed

nhjed Celebrity Meeper

+1 Goosta, you have more than enough experience.

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  13. TheRealWoohoocheese

TheRealWoohoocheese Celebrity Meeper

Just flat out yes. +1

Lady_Hestia likes this.
  14. Saiakaley

Saiakaley Well-Known Meeper

+1 Its not a poem :)

15. Skaros123

Skaros123 Otaku Wooden Hoe

MerGerstaYer fer merd nao!
    +1

16. marvelgamer13

marvelgamer13 Popular Meeper

-1. You are very mean to me. And my accent, you'll have to live with the fact of what it is.

Just kidding :p +1 You've shown all the right reasons to be deserving, so become a mod :) Oh and ^ Please be nicer about my accent kthxbai.

17. Taha

Taha Well-Known Meeper

+9002 amazing and helpful helper!!!

18. MeGustaYou

MeGustaYou Popular Meeper

Thank you for you comments!! :)

19. marvelgamer13

marvelgamer13 Popular Meeper

*your

Grammar queen strikes again :D

Jackl01 likes this.
  20. shains