1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #77

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Midnight_Galaxy, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

[​IMG]
    Clue being a typical klutz

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

Server Updates
    Server Events
    Saturday events are making their return starting tomorrow! The first of these events will be Parkour.

Blacksmith Perk

Blacksmith now has a level 100 perk! You can now create unbreaking V books using a anvil.

Playerheads Update

The head database has been updated! Husk, Zombie villager, skelton horse, zombie horse, mule, polar bear, parrot, llama, vex, vindicator, shulker, illusioner, elder guardian, stray, endermite, and evoker heads now exist

Beta Kitpvp

/Warp Kitpvp is undergoing beta testing, and is open to all players for this weekend, /kb join beta!

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25,000 prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by a random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What’s your favorite season and why?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @KyloMeep, who has seen Alita Battle Angel five times since it’s come out and loves it.

The Project: Valley!

[​IMG]

What is Valley?

Valley is a new parkour map which is going to be added this weekend! The map was originally built by Draqq and has been modified so it will be possible to complete. The map is going to be categorized as hard and moves you through a scenic valley into the nether and the end and then finishes at a strangely familiar tree monster.

Who was involved in this project?
    • @Midnight_Galaxy was the lead on this project and worked hard to ensure the map was enjoyable!

• @CluelessKlutz assisted throughout the project as the test guinea pig!

Let’s talk!
    We interviewed both @Midnight_Galaxy and @CluelessKlutz on this project!

What was it like working on this project?

Working on this project was extremely cool, it was my first parkour project in a while and it was nice to be able to contribute to the server. When clue found the map and showed it to me I was really excited to begin the process of ensuring the map was doable at all stages. - @Midnight_Galaxy

My side of the load was mostly complete to begin with. Draqq had already done an amazing job creating the map, and it’s a shame it wasn’t released sooner. Finding the map was a bit of a surprise, as I was simply exploring one of the old architect worlds while compressing files to save server storage space. After that, I simply showed it to Mid for the parkour team to work on. - @CluelessKlutz

Did you enjoy working on this project?

Absolutely, I always love working with the technical side of things. The entire process, even troubleshooting, is incredibly enjoyable. - @CluelessKlutz

I really enjoyed working on this map, even though the majority was completed and built by Draqq it was nice being able to incorporate small ideas and able to work on a fun little addition. - @Midnight_Galaxy

What was your role in assisting Midnight in this map?

My astounding parkour skills make me the perfect candidate to test any parkour map. After all, if I can do it, anyone else should be more than able to. In addition to being the guinea pig, it is also my responsibility to implement the technical aspects of the course. - @CluelessKlutz

How do you feel about the progress Parkour, in general, is making on Meep?

Over the last year, I feel that we have made tremendous progress in updating parkour into the future. We’ve added the new hub, Airport, Grotto, and now Valley. Updates to the technical aspect as well have also assisted in significant progress. - @CluelessKlutz

I feel parkour is moving in the right direction for the server, new maps are being added some worked on and prizes are being modelled around the ever-changing servers economy. I feel having a balance between easy, medium and hard maps is something I feel we are progressing towards. - @Midnight_Galaxy

What is something fun you can share with us about working on this project?

Finishing testing was the most relieving part just so I wouldn’t have to do any more parkour. - @CluelessKlutz

Honestly working on the entire project was fun but I would have to say the highlight was watching clue attempt the jumps, and get so ragey he would edit the course…. - @Midnight_Galaxy

Is there anything else you would like to add?

The only thing I would like to add is that I hope those who try this parkour don’t rage too hard and to come to me if you feel some sections could be changed in any way, I am open to all suggestions! - @Midnight_Galax

I will never be able to actually complete this course, so I hope everybody else enjoys it! - @CluelessKlutz

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @agnd

[​IMG]
    Agnd aka Decaying Sculptor aka apple standing by his Legend home

What attracted you to Meep when you first joined?

I stayed around because I was really bored, but then I grew to love the towny gamemode.

How do you spend your time on Meep?

Working on Sunbreak, where I’m a co-mayor, building weird, clue-based games, doing mod things, and chillin.

How’s it like being the co-mayor of a new, growing town?

Hmm. It’s awesome. I love planning and expanding our town, really shaping it and making it unique as we go along. It’s the type of thing I love towny for.

How does it differ from being co-mayor in your previous town?
    There’s a big difference from my previous town, Polartown, where I was also a co-mayor. I really feel more free to do stuff in Sunbreak, and I enjoy doing it more.

Now, about that game. How did you come up with that in the first place?
    Now I’m special that way.

If you really want to hear about how it started, it’s remarkably uninteresting. Clue was messaging somebody some jobs equation or something, but did a wc and put it into global. So I said “7”, as if I was giving an answer to it. Someone else said “6”, and a third said “3”. So I said 763. And then I just started to repeat that in global every so often.

How did it go from being a number to a complicated clue game?
    It’s hard to say this without revealing the answer to the first clue. I decided to put something at 763 in the wild, and just kept repeating the number over and over in global every once in a while, in hopes that someone would find it eventually, and I’d give em a cookie or something. But then I was like, nobody’s gonna get that, I’ve got to tell them to look for it.

Now, speaking of revealing clues, what’s the answer to clue #14?
    The answer to clue 14 is written on subway walls, and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence.

Oh btw, quick plug. To all readers:
    Do you like games?
    763 is a game.
    Go into the wild and find 763.
    This is your first clue.

Switching subjects here, what’s it like being a staff on Meep?
    Pretty cool. Get to interact with some pretty cool people, work on some pretty cool stuff. And you get a pretty cool chat color. All in all, pretty cool.

You are quite the comedian.
    People used to laugh at me when I told them I wanted to be a comedian, but nobody’s laughing now.

So, who’s the pretty coolest of them all?
    Hard to say. Qazini sure smells the worst.

What’s the story behind your name?

The story behind my name is for another time. A time when the people of Meepcraft’s collective, feeble mind has advanced far enough to comprehend it. A time when you deserve it. A time when you petty mortals have changed and become worthy, because no matter how far you advance in technology, in power, you still hate each other, lie to each other, kill each other. Consciousness is self-deception. 763 is a game.

Whoops, went all clue 14 on you, sorry.

What do you do outside of Meep?
    I go to school. Learn. I fence three times a week. I also play the piano

Interesting. How many people have you killed while fencing?
    Well, killing is technically against the rules.
    Moving on.

Right then. Piano. How’s that?
    I love it. Oh and I do improv club once a week. We just make it up as we go along, scenes and stuff. If you really don’t know what it’s like, watch the Upright Citizen’s Brigade on youtube.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    763 is a game.
    Join sunbreak.
    Qaz smells bad.

Social Media!
    Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

reddit! - MeepCraft YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

We welcome you to participate in the Meeptimes! Submit a cover photo or community event for a chance to get 10,000, or a story for the chance to win 25,000 or more, if the content is used. To submit entries for the next release of the Meeptimes, send a private message in-game, over forums, on discord to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released March 29th, 2019. See you then!

This issue was created by: @qazini @CluelessKlutz @Midnight_Galaxy

SpongeyStar, SuperDyl, nokes and 7 others like this.
  2. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Summer! I love summer because there isn't school, I can hang out with friends constantly, and I can sleep a lot (lol more than usual at least). Also because band camp is in the summer, and everybody knows that band camp stories are the best. That reminds me!!!! This one time in band camp. . .

3. Puloo

Puloo Meeper

you don't find 763, 763 finds you

SuperDyl, Homer455, agnd and 2 others like this.
  4. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

ur the real klutz midnight galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
  5. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

tbh probably :joyful:

SpongeyStar likes this.