1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #75

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Feb 16, 2019.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]
    "Spawn experiences the torture of Valentine's day" - @CluelessKlutz

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.​

Community/Server Events

[​IMG]
    Valentines Decorations
    Meep tuned up its Valentine’s spirit with the holiday. Spawn was revamped to better fit the occasion, and the admins got a slight makeover!

Server-wide xp Boost
    All players enjoyed a 1.5x xp boost for all jobs last weekend!

Server Updates
    Discord
    Discord got a slight revamp. A Media channel was added for posting media and general image content. A Media Channel role is required to post there, and can be requested in the new Staff Help channel. Additionally, a Town Recruitment Channel has been added.

Bank

The bank will be removed shortly. Once it is removed, players will be unable to buy and sell gold from the server.

Spleef
    The prize for winning Spleef has been buffed to 2.5k.

Player Reports
    Player Reports are now invisible to the general public, with threads accessible solely to staff and the thread poster.

Plot Ownership
    Maximum amount of plots able to be owned by one player has been buffed to 500.

Bugs Squashed

Parkour Lighting
    Lighting in a few areas of parkour has been improved. Additionally, some areas have been changed to better withstand any possible worldguard failures.

Vein Miner

VeinMiner perk now is actives by standing normally instead of crouching. Crouching will now act as a disable, as well as usage of /vm toggle. When reaching the proper level, VeinMiner will automatically be toggled off for you.

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25,000 prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What’s your favorite song to dance to?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @Meznik, who always ignores the superbowl and plays Meep instead.

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @SirCallow

[​IMG]
    Callow standing amidst his slightly disorganized living room.

You’re a pretty old player. When did you first join Meep?
    Forums shows I joined the website in February of 2014, but I actually joined the server in late 2013 I believe.

Impressive. What’s kept you around for so long?

The last few years I have been super busy with working jobs and school, but it pulled me back recently. I just love the community so much. Except for a few, it is very friendly.

What’s changed over the years?

Biggest thing for me this time around was the new towny and all the job commands I had to relearn. It is coming back to me fairly quickly and I think I adjusted well.

What brought you back this time around?
    I think getting to be a part of something bigger is really cool. Being in town staff and contributing to projects is similar to real jobs I have. It’s like work but enjoyable I suppose.

You mentioned your work. What do you do? Do you enjoy it?
    I work 7 days a week, about 65 hours in total, and then school. It is a lot to balance but it keeps me busy. If I have nothing to do I often get into a swing of procrastination, so I am always looking to stay busy.

For the most part, I do IT support so I am constantly talking to people and fixing problems. It has definitely helped me reason through issues better.

Does it get stressful?
    Yes, it certainly can be. I do get sent out to meet CEOs and such a lot (for good reasons). I was told I got the job because all the other applicants were not social.

What do you study at school then?
    Network administration, so computer related coursework. Only one class at the moment, I take it online. I would take more but I am paying for it myself and want to get a good grade in it. It’s going well at the moment.

If you ever get any spare time, what are some of your hobbies?
    I do like building computers for other people, and I am into photography as well. Lots of research goes into decisions for camera lenses and PC parts.

What do you enjoy about building computers?
    There is just something so satisfying to me when it works on the first attempt.

Is that often?
    For me, it is. I have good luck with it :D

What are your favorite subjects for your photos?
    I enjoy landscapes mainly just because I don’t have a ton of friends that enjoy modeling, although my sister does go along to model for me sometimes. Street photography as well.

So more populated settings?
    Indeed, I like the business of crowded streets.

If you could go anywhere in the world for a photoshoot, where would you go?
    Ooh that is a tough one. I reaally like castles though so I think I would take a trip to Europe and get a bunch of pictures of those. Probably sunset or early morning fog on those. Empty of people, almost a spooky vibe if I could capture that properly.

I also work out, but it has been so cold here in Indiana I have stopped the last few weeks.

How cold does it get where you live?
    The coldest this winter was -25 F at one point. 5 years ago it was -40 with windchill I believe.

No wonder you won’t exercise right now. Is there a lot of snow and ice?
    Yeah, I don’t want to die. Recently we had a warm day, so no snow although it is still slippery in some places. I fell the other day on the ice. It scared the cat I was holding but that was it.

Do you prefer the heat or the cold?
    If I had to pick, it would be the cold probably. I can always put on more layers.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    I am still getting caught up with current events but I do try to get on for a little each day to see what the happenings are :D

Social Media!
    Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

reddit! - MeepCraft YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

We welcome you to participate in the Meeptimes! Submit a cover photo or community event for a chance to get 10,000, or a story for the chance to win 25,000 or more, if the content is used. To submit entries for the next release of the Meeptimes, send a private message in-game, over forums, on discord to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!​

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released March 1st, 2019. See you then!​

This issue was created by: @qazini @Mettekes @CluelessKlutz

OKNEM, minecraftsongs, nokes and 9 others like this.
  2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

typical clue....

anyways I quite find YMCA fun to dance to because you can do the hand movements for the letters but i always fail at the letters and end up spelling random words. oops.

3. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

i hate dancing

qazini, iKitten and Vexmae like this.
  4. SirCallow

SirCallow Legendary Meeper

5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I like dancing to songs that give you instructions.

Ex. To the left to the left to the left to the left, etc

qazini, SirCallow, Mettekes and 2 others like this.
  6. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Kinda lame, we can’t see mows reports anymore :cry:

iKitten, qazini, SirCallow and 2 others like this.
  7. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Dancing is silly
    Real Emotion is when a sad emotional song plays when you're out in the car and it starts raining.

*Stares out the window, raises a hand to the glass and follows a teardrop with my finger*
    "Hello..... it's me"

iKitten, SirCallow and qazini like this.
  8. Tigressnerd

Tigressnerd Celebrity Meeper

buss down thotiana

qazini likes this.
  9. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

I would dance to anything, as long as it is upbeat and.. singable?
    But really, I just like dancing to lively songs

qazini likes this.
  10. oKCS

oKCS Celebrity Meeper

so exciting!

11. Synergizer

Synergizer Well-Known Meeper

cool story bro

Liam likes this.