1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #73

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Midnight_Galaxy, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

[​IMG]
    Changes are coming to /Warp towns!

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

Server Updates
    Mini Game Prizes
    The prizes for parkour and boomo have been adjusted to fit with the current eco.

Warp Shop
    Earlier this week /warp shop was updated and re-opened for use by all players. Rank shops have been added back as well!

Towny Update

Towns has had a new update rolled out, with new features. Nation spawns, a new nation rank - lord - that has more permissions than nation assistants, the ability to pay to extend your plot bonus, and more, which will be detailed in a thread coming soon!

Town Announcements

The /t say color changed to yellow.

Jobs perks

The level 100 perks for Digger and Level 50 Adventurer were added - permanent Haste I and Fire Resistance effects respectively.

Vein Miner
    The amount of blocks broken with the ability now scales with your job level.

Suggestions Channel
    Meep’s discord now features a suggestion channel to more easily suggest and get feedback on ideas.

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25k prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What’s your favorite job duo?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @LargeUnit !

The Project: The Complete Eco Revamp!
    [​IMG]

What is the Economy Revamp?
    Over the past month many changes have been made throughout the server to initiate the Economy Revamp. Multiple steps have been cautiously thought out to ensure that this transition would be smooth. The first step was the Jobs revamp, this alone was a huge project which included re-structuring all the jobs, if you are interested about reading more about this project you can either go to the previous meeptimes edition here or the jobs thread here.

The second step was initiating the changes into the vote crate and adding new prizes. The third step in this enormous project was re-structuring /warp shop to better suit the current economy. After this was the fourth step which included increasing the prizes for mini games and parkour. The next couple steps are where we are up to currently!

Who was involved in this project?

Let’s talk!

We interviewed the mastermind behind this project @CluelessKlutz!

Can you describe what this process has been like?

It’s been quite a lengthy process. Quite a bit of it has to be adjusted at a moment’s notice in case an issue is found. Most of it started as a base plan for jobs alone last summer. After October, actual planning and development began. After development was finished, the first stage of the revamp launched with the new Jobs in the last week of December. Since then, the server shop, vote crate, minigame prizes, parkour prizes, and many other aspects of the server have all been updated with the same mindset.

What is happening next in this project?
    Currently, we’re in the middle of Stage 5. I can’t quite reveal what’s next just yet, but everything will continue to be adjusted as needed.

What assistance have you had?
    I’ve had loads of help from many, many people, either indirectly or directly. @Midnight_Galaxy helped with the Parkour rebalance; @qazini, @MasterofBoom, @EnergyAssassin, @agnd, and Mid again helped come up with the initial ideas for jobs, @NinjaRoxy setting up the shop, and many others in balancing and adjustments.

What is your favourite part of the Economy Revamp?
    Personally, my favorite aspect is the way each job flows together smoothly.

What does it feel like when the community experiences something you have worked hard on?
    Nerve racking for the first time, given that reception isn’t always positive. However it’s incredibly rewarding when everything flows smoothly and is enjoyed.

Do you enjoy working with people on projects?
    Absolutely, it can be difficult at times, but having more than one opinion is invaluable to making a complicated system.

What was the hardest part of the economy revamp?
    The most difficult part is deciding on a balance between fairness and enjoyment. Things require a balance in order to work properly, however it can’t get in the way of the overall goal of the server, which is a fun experience for the average player.

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @firedj127

[​IMG]
    FireDj127 at his favorite grinder

When did you first join Meep?
    I joined Meep in March of last year.

What are some of your favorite things on the server?
    I like the jobs system, I was sceptical about the changes at first but it hasn’t interrupted much and I like the staff as they are always willing to help.

What do you like to do outside of Meep?
    I like to play my instruments, play other games, watch youtube and anime.

Which instruments do you play?
    I play the guitar, I own three of them, two electrics and an acoustic, I play the banjo and the keyboard. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Which one’s your favorite then?
    Yes, I love love love my guitars to bits, I would have to say guitar is my passion instrument as well as the instrument I am most proficient with, which guitar? Probably my Ibanez Premium electric. It is pretty suave.

Do you play publicly or just for yourself?
    If I were to get a band together, I would try and play publicly publicly but at the moment it’s just for myself.

You said you like anime. Which animes do you watch?

Yes, I do, I watch mainly action animes as they’re just so entertaining, I just finished the first season of Mob Psycho 100, I recently finished Blue Exorcist and Youjo Senki. Favourite anime has to go with Attack on Titan or One Punch Man.

What draws you to anime?
    It’s not for everyone, I think it’s the fact that it’s something that is totally different to what we see on western tv, it’s really the only place you can watch the devil leave his realm, end up in Japan, run out of magic, and work at McDonalds.

The anime I was describing is The Devil Is a Part-Timer! Less action but I watched it off a recommendation and so far I’m happy with it.

If you could recommend one show or movie to people, which would it be?
    So one anime, huh? Well depends on who I’m recommending it to, if they’re into more dark and grim action, Youjo Senki is a rather good pick. For those who want a really light-hearted anime One Punch Man is upbeat with lots of good jokes and action scenes.

You’re a builder in Mistveil. What do you do there?
    Well, I’m not really a builder per say, it’s just my friend is there and they got me to help out by filling in plots or excavating or material gathering while they build.

Has your approach to jobs changed with the new system?
    No, not at all. Back in the old system I was in all the jobs because I did a bit of everything, however when the time comes I just switch jobs, say if I were to go mining quartz I would leave fisherman and join adventurer. I found that hunter and fisherman are easily some of the best grinding jobs as fisherman you sit in a pond and catch fish and hunter you can grind at places like these.

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations and welcome to our newest helper, @CaliWahine!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft

YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo, a story, and community events submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released February 1st, 2018. See you then!

This issue was created by: @qazini @CaliWahine @Midnight_Galaxy @CluelessKlutz

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    SuperDyl, OKNEM, iKitten and 10 others like this.
  2. zsuzsu

zsuzsu Popular Meeper

Isn’t it 50 for adventurer

SuperDyl, Midnight_Galaxy and qazini like this.
  3. Midnight_Galaxy

Midnight_Galaxy ✧゚・:*Forever Reading *:・゚✧

Yes, i will edit it now :)

SuperDyl and qazini like this.
  4. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

yes
    yes
    it definitely isnt, only for men of culture like u and i

Midnight_Galaxy and qazini like this.
  5. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

what about wamen idot

Midnight_Galaxy likes this.
  6. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

wut

Midnight_Galaxy and Meznik like this.
  7. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Does no one want a free 25k?
    I guess I can keep it to myself, if everyone's so inclined.

CaliWahine likes this.
  8. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

no one wants it

Meznik likes this.
  9. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

My combination is hunter and mystic.

My time on meepcraft has always been based around god items and grinding at a mob farm, so this is a combination that is more geared toward my play style. Although mystic really needs buffed. It doesn’t pay great compared to other jobs and doesn’t have great benefits despite having the room to be one of the more challenging jobs.

qazini likes this.
  10. Math_Pro

Math_Pro Celebrity Meeper

Builder Adventurer