1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #72: The Jobs Revamp Edition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by qazini, Jan 5, 2019.

1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

[​IMG]
    The new /warp Jobs stands ready for use

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

Community/Server Events
    CluelessKlutz’s Birthday
    Many gathered to celebrate the badmin’s birthday. @AdrianIsEpic , resident troll of Legend, and @qazini built a giant dirt box around his house, complete with stacks of trees 100+ blocks tall and burning writing as a gift. Check out some images here.

Mettekes’s Building Contest
    @Mettekes hosted an impromptu building contest in creative. Check out the winning builds here!

Server Updates
    Elevators
    Elevators have been buffed to include all 16 colors of carpet, as well as display your floor in the boss bar to prevent missing an elevator on accident.

Jungle Parkour
    Clarification has been provided in Jungle parkour to signify directions.

Calculator Command
    A version of the old calculator command has been brought back, with the new command being /calc.

Ghost
    Using /ghost updates blocks nearby you to find ghost blocks.

Jobs, Jobs, and more Jobs
    The long-awaited Jobs revamp is now live! All jobs have been re-adjusted and balanced to work together more smoothly. Please see the Jobs Tutorial thread, menu in /jobs browse, or area in /warp jobs for details.

Bugs Squashed
    HDB in skyblock
    The head database in Skyblock works again.

Skyblock connections
    People can now successfully connect to Skyblock without disconnecting.

Corey the Creeper
    The rewards creeper has been returned to Skyblock.

Jobs Messages
    Jobs now displays you earning “Meebles” rather than “Money.”

Magma Block Job Points
    Magma blocks no longer yield negative job points.

Fisherman
    Fishing no longer gives as many “treasures” in order to buff the Fisherman job.

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25k prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What’s your favorite job perk and why?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @Vexmae , who loved the teamwork involved in playing /warp cmobs!

The Project: The Jobs Revamp
    [​IMG]
    What is the Jobs Revamp?
    The Jobs Revamp is a complete makeover for the previous jobs system that adds dozens of new features, balances, and benefits to make it worthwhile for any player to try their hand at. Read more about the thinking behind the system here.

Who was involved in this project?
    Let’s talk!
    We interviewed a few avid players to get their thoughts on the new system.

What are the biggest changes with the new jobs system?
    Way more money is the first thing, and also the perks. - @Magnoot

Well I found the old jobs system was more about “here join them all and see how much money you can make going about your day”. Now we have rewards and incentives and a reason to actually try leveling up and grinding jobs. - @zsuzsu

It’s creating a more competitive dynamic and people are noticeably enjoying earning meebles. It’s also fueling Klutz’s sneakily implemented clay monopoly. - @Achmed

Well, for starters, there are a few different jobs that pay for a larger range of things than old jobs. Like artist for example, I can smelt thousands of clay and get paid for it. The cooperation aspect is also fun. I could hire diggers to get me clay, smelt the clay, then sell the smelted clay to builders. While a blacksmith makes the tools for the digger and the miner, and a miner gets me coal. They all work together fluidly. - @_Peero_

How is it impacting Meep?
    Inflating the economy and bringing back more players. - @Magnoot

Well, in my opinion it has already started to impact Meepcraft for the better. We have seen more players active and I would attribute that to the new jobs. As far as future I believe it holds a lot of positive growth. - @Philippians

New jobs will make me really rich unless Clue changes it. Also the noobs that have no idea what they’re doing are going to suffer. - @LargeUnit

I feel like it’s devaluing meebles. But at the same time allowing new players to gain substantial worth of their own. - @Epixaid

More meebles for Achmed. I can make as much money at as great a rate as when I was duping. Just without the duping. It also seems very popular among players and is helpful in keeping new players. - @Achmed

Definitely extremely positive. Player count has been up dramatically the past few days, and I’ve seen a lot of old players returning to play with the jobs. The economy is stimulated, cause new pwarps are beginning to open revolving around jobs, like mine and Clue’s clay pwarps. And overall it’s a new competitiveness with gtop to see who can be the best. Not to mention the perks that bring back a lot of old features everyone enjoyed, like silk mining spawners. - @_Peero_

What’s your favorite job so far?
    I don’t have a favorite job really, just grinding out money and levels. Personally, I’ve been only using the builders job cause I want to get to level 100 before Alexxx. But after that I’ll be using the digging and mining jobs. - @Magnoot

Both Hunter and Mystic go very well together. You need to acquire experience points to enchant your items for Mystic and you get the xp by grinding mobs and killing them which is good for Hunter. If I had to choose one to be my favorite, I would have to say mystic. I enjoy grinding for xp and then enchanting items. It is fun to see what I get and to then combine objects to create a better object that has more use to me. I suppose I kept it because I enjoy enchanting and grinding. - @Philippians

Woodcutter! Woodcutter is my favorite job because I enjoy breaking logs. I also enjoy woodcutter because I make lots of money! - @LargeUnit

I like blacksmith the most because I enjoy crafting items. Jobs now allowing stacked crafting is a great fix/addition. - @Epixaid

Hunter and farmer because I like spawners a lot and cause I can capture random stuff by just shooting at it. - @zsuzsu

Digger because I can make 2k every 10 seconds. And because I like gravel. - @Achmed

That’s hard to choose, but I’d have to go with Artist. I can pretty much afk for a while and make money just from letting clay smelt. I have people sell me clay, which I just throw into the smelter. Then I make 9+ meebles per block, and each level it goes up. Me and Clue are having a bit of a competition over it as well. Though Clue has blacksmith level 50, so he is allowed to use 50 furnaces for artist, as opposed to my 25. Still a blast though. - @_Peero_

What’s your overall opinion of the new system?
    I personally believe that it brings forth much opportunity. I would like to say it is much better than the old system of jobs. I like the concept of working for the perks as well. - @Philippians

The new jobs system is very good! I think the new jobs system is going to break the economy! New jobs system is going to make rich people richer! Evil! - @LargeUnit

8/10. It gud. It’s interesting. I like the perks. So it gud. - @Epixaid

Well at first I was annoyed about some of the perks but after the first hour of being annoyed I eventually forgot about it. By then I had pretty much looked through all the jobs to find which I liked the best and settled on farmer and hunter. Sometimes it’s a bit tedious but overall it gives me something to do rather than endlessly random for raids. - @zsuzsu

It is quite lit. But it’s great. Lots of money and I can feel the eco tearing at the seams. It allows me to buy all sorts of things I don’t need. - @Achmed

It’s amazing. I love grinding the levels and the money I’ve made so far is a lot more than with the last jobs. It’s actually a lot of fun to level up. I prefer the leveling to the money in all honesty. - @_Peero_

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @tylerbrown922
    [​IMG]
    Tyler enjoying a nice walk in his personal rain in front of his pwarp, /pwarp iron.

You’re a relatively new player. How and when did you find out about Meep?
    I found it on the servers website about a week ago.

What’s been your favorite thing to do so far?
    Well I mean everything’s great but the thing I like the most is the meebles and shops system. It’s like real life but in a game with blocks so it’s kinda like real life.

I hear you have a pwarp. How’s that going?
    Not very well. Not many people have been there, so I’m thinking of closing it soon.

Oh no, that’s not good. Think we could get it some light in this Meeptimes issue?
    Yea.

So, what do you do other than Meep?
    Play on my playstation 3. But now school started and it’s not going well either.

What are your favorite games on that console?
    Battlefield 3, Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto 5, Hitman, and Call of Duty.

I see you have batman posters on the wall of your house.
    Yes, and my blanket on my bed.

You like superheros then?
    A few. #1 is batman.

Why is he your favorite?
    It’s because he’s sneaky and hidden in the dark, he’s stealthy.

If you were given 1 million meebles right now, what would you do with it?
    Give my friends some of it and what I have left buy something nice. Probably a nice house or a town if I still have enough for that.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    Well I’m selling lots of stuff - iron, coal, food, and more at /pwarp iron.

Welcomes and Farewells
    We bid farewell to our beloved SuperMod @Kling . Thank you for all your time in all the different positions of staff that you’ve held over the years.

Additionally we part with moderators @iKitten and @onceuponajano .The cheer and joy you both brought to the server as staff will be missed, good luck in all your future ventures.

@iPolarFlame , @Sqreix , and @Minted Cinnamon leave behind their media tags. Many thanks for the promotional content you have created, we hope you continue expanding your creative talents.

Social Media!
    Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft

YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server​

Get involved with the MeepTimes
    With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo, a story, and community events submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @qazini .

Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released January 18th, 2018. See you then!​

This issue was created by: @qazini @CluelessKlutz @Mettekes

nokes, CaliWahine, LargeUnit and 8 others like this.
  2. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Too many staff demoted/resigned for me in this edition. Also I’ll be dropping 5- 10k at /pwarp iron

boombox123 likes this.
  3. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

nightvision, it is the most useful perk by a long shot.

qazini and CaliWahine like this.
  4. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

my favourite perk is capturing mobs into eggs cos its like pokemon, but my least favourite is /ast because everyone should have it. ):

qazini and CaliWahine like this.
  5. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Mga meeting?

Its kinda broken

6. Jinkeloid

Jinkeloid Celebrity Meeper

Fisherman, gives you free empty enchanted books REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CaliWahine likes this.
  7. LargeUnit

LargeUnit Celebrity Meeper

upload_2019-1-5_15-52-17.png

Muunkee, iKitten, Adrian and 5 others like this.
  8. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Even though I've not unlocked it yet, I'd say that my favourite perk would be the free /hdb heads, and ofc (once it comes out) /ast, I'm such an avid interior decorator, and I use the heads so much and it'd be nice to not pay for something that you'd pay 3k per on, and /ast is great for, well, anything, shops, houses, town spawns, you name it

{Lowkey wasn't expecting to win last Meeptimes issue question}

boombox123 and qazini like this.
  9. ENIbeast

ENIbeast Popular Meeper

My favorite job perk is vein miner for digger

qazini likes this.
  10. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

also, we wanted the man, the myth, the legend, Peero2 for humans of meepcraft (in the meeptimes), evidence -
    Vote for Peero2

the vote was indeed in favor for Peero2, a vote of 9 to 2.
    give us what the players want!

qazini likes this.