1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #69

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]
    Last Saturday’s fishing event brought in quite the crowd

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

Community/Server Events
    Mystery Saturday Event
    As with last week, @CluelessKlutz will host an event this Saturday afternoon. At the moment, however, the nature of the event is unknown. Log on tomorrow and check it out.

Bugs Squashed
    Boomo Commands
    Bugs allowing /sethome and accessing enderchests have been fixed.

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25k prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What is your favorite food or beverage to eat or drink on a cold day?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @SpongeyStar, whose favorite candy is chocolate!

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @CaliWahine

[​IMG]
    @CaliWahine attending to business around her newly created town, Menegroth

You joined Meep quite recently. What have been your favorite parts of the server so far?
    My favorite part of the server is the community aspect. We’re all interdependent and need each other to succeed, to survive, but there’s also an underlying competition. I love both.

You just created your town, Menegroth. What made you want to make one and how’s that going so far?

Yes! The town is going fantastic so far. It’s only been 20 hours and we’re already so successful! I was part of another town and just felt like I had so many better ideas and ways to make the town successful, but couldn’t implement them. I think being able to govern and work together to make it grow is a really unique experience.

What’s been the biggest challenge yet?

Balancing the money with how fast we are growing. We got lucky and had some investors that made it possible for us to do it so soon, but you really have to watch how much you expand and how quickly. Of course you want to claim as much land and expand, but you also don’t want to go bankrupt and be stressed out trying to sell land.

Anything else you’d like to add about Meep?

Nah, I think we covered a lot. I just want to see the server live. I’m meeting new people everyday (Like @Synergizer and I are now friends) and I just want things to keep looking up.

What are some of your hobbies away from the computer?
    I really love tabletop RPGs. My bf and I have a whole stack of them under our coffee table and sometimes those are more fun than computer games. I also volunteer at our local Humane Society and take care of puppers when I get the chance. Those would be my top two hobbies outside of the net.

Do you mean stuff like D&D?

Um actually I prefer Pathfinder, but you can actually get boardgames that guide you through those types of scenarios without you fully having to create everything yourself. Some examples are Dominion, Legends of Andor, stuff like that.

I meant Descent, but we have Dominion too. Descent took like 2 hours for first-time setup, lol. They’re like the best RPG boardgames imo.

You also mentioned that you volunteer at a dog shelter. How did you get into that? How’s that like?
    Well, I volunteer in my spare time. I mainly walk and do enrichment with adoption dogs, but just recently got cleared to work with dogs that are being held for other reasons. They’re “non-adoptable” dogs. I love it :)

It’s nice to dump everything else out of your brain and just focus on what you’re doing with that animal at the time, and it’s good exercise.

You prefer dogs to cats then?

Um yes lol I don’t understand cats. Anything that doesn’t like water I don’t understand lol.

Do you like swimming then?

Yeah I grew up swimming, played water polo in high school, and used to live on an island so swimming is part of me.

Mettekes, wandering onto the scene: Do you still have Mr. Upside Down Sheep? Did you kill it?
    Mett, yeah, I killed him :( sorry, the town was expanding.

qazini: That’s going into the interview. Cali the Sheep Murderer

Welcomes and Farewells
    Please give a hearty welcome to @Mettekes for joining the staff team as a helper!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft

YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo, a story, and community events submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released November 30th, 2018. See you then!

This issue was created by: @qazini @CluelessKlutz @Mettekes

2. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Absolutely love dominion! I think I've tried munchkins version of pathfinder.. I don't really remember though.

I.. cannot explain how upset I am. Poor Mr. Upside Down Sheep ;-; Press f to pay respects :cry:

SuperDyl, iKitten and qazini like this.
  3. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Another great MeepTimes, seems as though each one is better than the last!

Also, what time is the event tomorrow afternoon?

4. Beon1313

Beon1313 Celebrity Meeper

RIP that sheep

iKitten, Mettekes and qazini like this.
  5. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Also, if you can answer the question here, my favorite drink on a cold day has always been water.

SuperDyl and qazini like this.
  6. CaliWahine

CaliWahine Active Meeper

RIP that sheep indeed, and also the "Upside down cow" that went with it. Maybe I should place a headstone at spawn? Seems appropriate lol

7. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Yes

8. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

That Upside Down Sheep will never be forgotten!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  9. JBock007

JBock007 Celebrity Meeper

My favorite thing to drink on a cold winters day is Apple cider.

qazini likes this.
  10. Klitch

Klitch

I miss when meeptimes got 30 likes

11. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

RiqxKXr.jpg

Klitch and evilalec555 like this.
  12. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

Favourite thing to drink : water

qazini likes this.
  13. CaliWahine

CaliWahine Active Meeper

It's a tad late, but here you go. I'm leaving it up behind our town spawn just for you.

Mettekes likes this.
  14. Toostenheimer

Toostenheimer Legendary Meeper

15. CaliWahine

CaliWahine Active Meeper

Awe I can't get the screenshot to upload, but it's behind /t spawn Menegroth if you want to see it XD

Guldurdir likes this.
  16. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

ecks de ! ! x D D

17. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

18. Adam34falcon

Adam34falcon Celebrity Meeper

Cold Day: Caramel Latte
    Hot Day: Caramel Latte
    Everyday: Caramel Latte

19. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

It really warms my heart to see new players joining and seeing the server for what it was meant to be <3

iKitten, boombox123 and qazini like this.
  20. Synergizer

Synergizer Well-Known Meeper

that's cool