1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #68

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by qazini, Nov 3, 2018.

1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

[​IMG]
    @Meznik’s Halloween Build

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.​

Community/Server Events
    Twomoo’s Treasure Hunt
    @Twomoo hid 380k’s worth in gold somewhere in towny. The treasure is underground, marked with a pressure plate. The location is purportedly within 2km of the Greater Mooville Area, and has not ever been claimed other than to hide the gold. Good luck searching!

RIP Bock the Third
    The star of last week’s Meeptimes has been murdered in the intervening two weeks.

Saturday Event
    Join in a pit mining event this weekend, which will take place “sometime tomorrow afternoon” according to Clue. #BlameClue

Server Updates
    Spawn Revamp
    The immediate spawning location has received a slight tune-up!

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25k prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What is your favorite candy?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @Mettekes (again!), who loves getting free candy during Halloween.

Story-time with the Crew
    Find the first part of the story here.

@evilalec555 groaned as he got up from bed. He looked at his watch. While he napped a few hours had sped by, leaving the kitchen incident in hazy memory. Realizing he desperately needed to feel better in time for all the Halloween parties tomorrow night, he decided that more serious measures were required. He dug out the most recent addition of the pwarp list book and searched the pages until he found what he wanted.

“Aha! If this works I’ll be well in time for parties.” Alec headed out to the underlined pwarp.

“Welcome to pwarp pots.” he heard a voice behind him as he walked into the small wooden house. Behind him, @Alphaprime1212 was polishing a glass bottle to put up onto the display stand.

“I need a healing potion please, and soon!” Alec said.

“Oh, another such request. I think I only have one left. So many people wanting to feel well before the festivities.” Alpha replied.

“Thank you so much! Happy Halloween!” Alec said as he took the potion from alpha. He gulped down the fairly smelling but nasty-tasting drink.

“You too!”

Then, just as Alec was heading out the door, alpha calls back.

“You participating in the Halloween house contest?”

“Oh no! I had totally forgotten about that!”

“Oh, that’s no good. You still have some time, good luck!”

Back at home, Alec was frantically running from corner to corner, trying to scrounge up all the orange banners, purple streamers, and skeleton statuettes that he could. His parrots, excited that he had finally figured out the message - if not in the way they intended - rushed to help. For the next four hours, nine figures swarmed about the cabin, doing their best to bring the house to competitive shape.

Finally, exhausted, all the inhabitants gathered about the crackling fireplace and relaxed from the long day’s work. One by one they fell asleep, to awaken only once the sun had risen on the last day of October.

Halloween day was abuzz with energy. People were busy putting out their candy baskets out on their porches, baking orange frosting-covered cakes, and setting in place the last of their decorations. After his morning cup of coffee (this time with no interruptions) Alec walked out onto his front stoop and observed last night’s creation.

Orange and purple streamers came down from the roof in thick clumps. His two attic windows were painted over in black and dark green swirls, seeming to spiral into nothingness. His balcony was painted a bright red, with an awning stretched over from the wall all the way to the railing, covering the lookout. Below, a wide, dark red banner stretched across the whole front of the house. Hanging over it were two precisely positioned strings with grizzly looking soup cans hung onto them.

Alec was staring into the enormous maw of the scariest clown he had ever had the displeasure of seeing.

“Wow, that’s some epic work right there! I was thinking you wouldn’t enter since your house was bare for so long, but it seems that you have a fighting chance.” The voice of @CrohnZero reached Alec’s ears from afar. He turned, and sure enough, the rapidly approaching figure was indeed him.

“Thanks! Do you know who the major competitors are?” he responded.

“Yeah. @Meznik is hoping to win, he decorated his house well. @CluelessKlutz worked for many hours on his. @agnd is also doing his best to take home the 100,000. There are a few others who have good submissions, but I can’t remember on the spot. You have pretty tough competition, but I think you might just win.”

“I haven’t seen anyone else’s build yet, so it’s a relief to hear that I’m not far behind.”

“Oh, and @AdrianIsEpic is rumored to be working on something as well, but no one knows exactly what it is. We’re all disconcerted though, as you can imagine.”

“Right. Hopefully he keeps it within reason.” Alec replied with some distaste, the bitter memory of the fishing trip still raw on his mind.

“Well, see ya around. I still have many houses to check out.” Crohn said, and sped down the path towards civilization.

Around noon, the five judges of the competition arrived. They inspected every nook and cranny, muttering comments under their breath along the way. Alec hoped that the words were kind, but he was clearly not meant to hear, and he didn’t want to interfere.

As she was leaving, @Vexmae looked back and said “The results will be announced at eight this evening, just before the fireworks, in the town square. We’ll see you there!”

And so, Alec spent the next eight hours pacing around his home (which was now significantly harder with the many seasonal statues, pumpkins, candles, and cauldrons), anxiously waiting for it to be an appropriate time to head down to town.

Once the hour hand hit 5, he locked his front door and waved his parrots goodbye, hoping that the next time he saw them he’d be 100,000 meebles richer.

When Alec approached the town border, he the bubbling excitement became tangible. @Epixaid was buying some candy from @the_boss, @BlendyCat was stopping by the bakery for a special cake order, @Synergizer was busy explaining about the decorations for his castle, and many others were rushing through the streets, busy to get to wherever they were going before the parties started.

Without much of a clear purpose, Alec wandered around talking with friends until the festivities began at around six. The costumes, dancing, free soda, and an abundance of candy all made for a great evening, but in the back of his mind, Alec was concentrated only on the prize. The rush of the competition had gotten to him, and he was obsessed.

Eight o’clock came, and with it, as promised, came the Halloween House Decoration Competition Committee, ready to announce the winner in the form of a stylish cake recreation of the victorious project.

A veiled platter was brought onto the stage.

A drum beat echoed through the hushed crowd and against the stone buildings.

@EllieEllie grasped the cover with both hands and threw it off to one side.

Wild applause erupted from the masses. Quickly followed by deadly still silence.

The cake was not of one of the participating houses. It was of the town square, complete with bell tower, river, and even a crowded plaza. And clearly visible on the face of the clock was a digital screen showing the number 5. Which switched to 4. 3… 2… 1…

The cake exploded in a violent eruption of hundreds of small pieces, knocking down @CuddlyKittens14, who was holding the cake. This though, was just the beginning. The many small pieces weren’t bits of frosting. Instead, whizzing firecrackers leaped through the air, finding themselves amidst the spectators, on roofs, and on the decorative streamers hung throughout the square, which promptly caught on fire.

From the bottom of the plate opened up a small panel, which consequently released another barrage of airborne explosives. This time, fireworks. Illuminating the faces of the stunned judges, the bright blue letters in the sky spelled “Adrian 4 Best Halloween Prankster”

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @Meznik
    [​IMG]
    Meznik presiding over his district from atop of one of the area’s houses.

What’s your favorite thing to do on Meep?
    Building and interacting with the community.

You manage a district in Legend that’s off from the main capital. How do the builds vary from the main location’s?
    There’s more shape and diversity in them.

You built a Halloween build in creative. What made you do that and what inspired you to make it an ast build?
    I was bored and figured I could make some money by entering. And the asts made it more lively.

How did you decide who was bad and who was good?
    Admins are naturally bad, that’s how.

Are there other things that you like doing as much as building on the server?
    Messing around sometimes, in global or in local chat.

Do you have any hobbies outside of Meep?
    Breathing.

Social Media!
    Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep
    Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc
    Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft
    YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server
    Get involved with the MeepTimes
    With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo, a story, and community events submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!​

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released November 15, 2018. See you then!​

This issue was created by: @iKitten @qazini @CluelessKlutz

Adrian, CrohnZero, SuperDyl and 7 others like this.
  2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

my favourite candy is chocolate if thats what ya mean.
    to be more specific i love kit kats and m&m's and whittakers chocolate.!!

qazini, evilalec555 and iKitten like this.
  3. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Lmao, how'd I win again? Well anyways.. my favorite candy is any candy because why not. Just no cowtails those are gross!

4. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

Truth

Mettekes likes this.
  5. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Exploding cakes are my specialty

qazini and Adrian like this.
  6. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

My favorite would be Mars bars :)

Also, thanks for bringing up my product!

qazini likes this.
  7. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

MY FAV CANDY YOU SAY hmmm I like Butterfingers but I HATE oh ABSOLUTELY HATE gummy bears.

qazini likes this.
  8. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

wow ! cool.

qazini likes this.
  9. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

@twomoo1119 About the treasure hunt, is the greater mooville area the_united_kingdom ? and is it underwater -thanks

qazini and SuperDyl like this.
  10. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

gotem! Good story.

SuperDyl and qazini like this.
  11. twomoo1119

twomoo1119 Celebrity Meeper

Gma is around the united kingdom and it is underground but not underwater. There is an above ground entrance however @boombox123

12. boombox123

boombox123 Celebrity Meeper

oooh interesting, ty tell us when its found pls <3