1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #67

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by qazini, Oct 20, 2018.

1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

[​IMG]
    @evilalec555 getting swarmed by parrots
    Photo credit: @CasualNuker

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.​

Community/Server Events
    Halloween Build Contest
    @Kling is back again with another contest! Build a spooky creation in creative and submit it by the 31st for a chance to win 75k. Post your entry here.

[​IMG]
    Halloween Spirit in Towny
    Towns are getting ready for the holiday by spicing up their spawns and streets with scary decorations. Check out some more preparations in this album.

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25k prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

The winner to last week’s Meeptimes question was @Mettekes, who answered that it was Kling. Many guessed that it was either Kling or Midnight_Galaxy, and both answers were correct.

Story-time with the Crew ft. The Halloween Contest
    @evilalec555 was sitting comfortably on the back porch of his secluded forest home, enjoying his morning coffee and staring out as the last of summer’s leaves faded and fell away when a loud knock startled him. Reluctantly he left his coffee and his early morning thoughts and headed for the front door.

He peeked through the window and to his surprise it was @Mettekes , holding a clipboard and a colorful assortment of streamers.

“Hey, how’re you?” she asked.

“Oh, I’m good, I was just enjoying my daily coffee.” he replies, still a bit confused as to why she’s come out all the way out into the woods to see him.

“So a group of friends and I organized a competition for the spookiest house this halloween. It seems your house isn’t yet decorated, but there’s still time, almost two weeks, and I’d love to see what you could do.” Mettekes was barely containing her excitement while explaining.

“Uhh, yeah, sure, why not? I’m somewhat busy, just started my own town, but I’ll make sure to set aside some time for decorating.” And then hesitantly added “Is there a prize?”

“Yep! 100,000 meebles to the winner.”

Alec had been hoping for a larger sum, he was now having doubts about his commitment, but Mett had already turned around and was speedily walking away.

A week passes, and Alec had virtually forgotten about the contest. He was beset with managing his newly founded town and cleaning up after his eight parrots. This morning is noticeably crisper, so the cup of coffee is even more welcome as Alec relaxes before the chaos of his many day tasks will begin.

Boom boom went the door. Grumpily, Alec got up from his chair and crossed the living room. On the porch was an envelope. He leaned down to pick it up, and then glanced up. Swiftly departing from his house was @SpongeyStar , with her bag of mail flapping in the wind.

Who’s sending me mail? Alec wondered to himself. He opened the envelope and found a short letter:

Hey Alec, just a quick reminder that the Halloween decoration competition will be judged in 5 days. Expecting a great entry from you.

Best of luck,
    CuddlyKittens14, Mettekes, Vexmae, EllieEllie, and onceuponajano
    (The Halloween House Decoration Competition Committee)

With all of his other going-ons, Alec had entirely forgotten about the competition and chance to win 100,000, which looked significantly nicer after 10 days of running a town. Alec placed the letter onto a side table as a reminder and headed back to the back porch to finish his coffee.

As he sat enjoying his coffee, the front door, which he had forgotten to shut, let in a great gust of wind that pummeled the letter out an open window and into the forest, never to be seen again.

The next morning, Alec sat sipping his morning coffee when he recalled yesterday’s knock which had disturbed him from his habit. He couldn’t recall where he put the letter, but, he decided, that was of no consequence, that was just a reminder, he’ll do it tomorrow, since today he had promised to go fishing with @AdrianIsEpic this afternoon.

Tomorrow comes. The warm coffee flavor joined with the gentle autumn smell of the forest provided protection from the chills that were setting in as fall was heading into its more wrathful phase. Alec would wait out the rest of October and move his coffee ritual inside only when November will hit, as he did every year.

He recalled yesterday’s incident, where for 4 hours, Alec would fish out nothing while Adrian accumulated a large haul. He later confessed that the lake had no fish, and just had @Blendyz in a scuba suit clipping dead fish onto Adrian’s fish hook. The ordeal went from bad to worse when Alec tried to push Adrian into the water as retribution. However, instead of getting a slight bit of revenge, Alec missed his mark and plummeted into the late-October water.

So today Alec was planning to see what could be done about Adrian’s pranks, and headed for court. After filling out stacks of paperwork and many hours of talking to various people, it seemed that he was getting nowhere. Exhausted, he came home and fell into bed.

Two days to go till Halloween, and Alec woke up with a headache. He had a cold.

Between the legalese-filled bustle of yesterday and the daily, probably ill-advised morning coffees in the chill air, it wasn’t much of a shock. Alec sent his parrots out to town to get him some medicine and chicken soup so that he could be up by tomorrow for the festivities. At this moment in time, the contest was the last thing on his mind.

The parrots flew into town. Three shopped for medicine and soup cans, which they carried back in a bag, while the others were there for company, and so had time to explore the going-ons of the town. They spotted the last-minute celebration preparations of the townspeople, and thought back to their owner’s plans on participating, and decided that they would finally get him to get up and decorate the house, and win the 100,000 meeble prize.

Deciding to do it, however, was much easier than accomplishing it. Two parrots attempted to steal a banner from @Istas_Sani to remind Alec of the competition, but Istas caught them and almost had them arrested for theft, but their cute parrot appearances saved them from anything more than a reprimand.

Alec’s pets returned home and, upon depositing the requested goods, immediately got to planning their communications strategy. Their deliberations took much time, but finally, they thought they had the answer.

They found Alec in the kitchen, preparing the chicken soup and coughing, but certainly looking better than in the morning. Four parrots surrounded his head and flocked about him, doing their best to grab his attention. Slowly, he turned around, and the parrot play commenced.

Two parrots grabbed hold of a strainer with their beaks and walked across the table. They met with a third parrot, who deposited walnuts into the colander. A second and third parrot did the same. Alec sat looking at the scene in bewilderment. Suddenly, another parrot appeared, and this one was flying down towards the table, wearing an overly large white tablecloth. Miraculously, the bird didn’t crash and received the planned squawk of terror. The two trick-or-treating birds received another walnut, and shortly thereafter an open bowl of tomato juice was toppled onto the trick-or-treaters.

So far all was going according to plan (whether this was helpful to the dumbfounded Alec was another question). Then an aspiring young parrot decided to recreate the ghost scene. Making do with a napkin, he swooped down onto the table, but the youngling didn’t possess the same finesse of flying and coordination as the older bird, and he rammed straight into the three of the birds on the table, who were at that point trying their best to recreate a vampire. The squawks of horror and yelps of pain that followed were very much real this time around.

Chaos reigned as feathers flew and splinters found their way into the soft skin of several birds. A cacophony of noise arose from those injured and those worried about the injured. Some birds were hopping in place, others were zooming about the room, knocking over vases, bowls of soup, and cups of coffee. Alec, still sick but now preoccupied with the health of his birds, was rushing from parrot to parrot, trying to calm them down and locate the hurt ones. Three hours later and Alec was finally able to lay back down in again.

But between caring for his birds, chastising them, cleaning the kitchen, warming a new bowl of soup, and being sick, everyone had forgotten the point of the play-gone-disaster. Only one day remained until Halloween.
    To be continued...
    Humans of MeepCraft ft. @Magnoot
    [​IMG]
    Mag and ボック (also known as Bock the Third)
    What do you enjoy most about Meep?
    I’d say the community. I enjoy all the regulars that come online.

You have a peculiarly named chicken, what’s that about?
    Well, after qazini killed Bock Jr., I had to get a new name for my chicken. And I chose ボック because it’s a nice name.

What does it mean?
    I can’t say, because then it won’t be a secret anymore. This is “technically” Bock the Third but his name is ボック.

What do you like to do outside of Meep?
    Mostly when I’m not working I either watch Youtube, Netflix, or Hulu (that last one most)

Where do you work at?
    Papa Johns, but in a few months I’m going to be working for Tesla, the car company.

Exciting! What will you be doing there?
    So by law, Tesla can not have dealerships outside of California. So the store that I’ll be going to can order the Teslas and have them shipped to either the store or your house.
    My job would be pretty easy, most of the people coming in there have never seen Teslas so they just look at them and leave, and maybe ask a few questions about them. I’d basically just answer their questions and if anyone wants to see specs of the cars there’s a computer in the back of the store where they can spec out their own Tesla.

You like cars a lot then?
    Yeah xd

What’s enjoyable about them? And why did you choose Tesla specifically?
    Tesla is a revolutionary company, the first major electric car company. It’s exciting seeing the world move in that direction.

What’s your favorite fact about Teslas?
    On the Tesla P100 D, it has over 7000 batteries that are a little bit bigger than a double battery. It’s the second fastest car by Tesla, it can go 0-60 in 2.2 seconds.
    The Tesla Roadster is the fastest one manufactured by Tesla, and it goes 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    R.I.P. Bock.

Welcomes and Farewells
    We wish farewell to @bloodyghost. Thanks for all your time, and good luck with the music production.

Social Media!
    Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!
    Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc
    Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft
    YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server​

Get involved with the MeepTimes
    With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo, a story, and community events submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @qazini.

Happy Meeping!​

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released November 2, 2018. See you then!​

This issue was created by: @qazini @CluelessKlutz

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    evilalec555, SuperDyl, nokes and 10 others like this.
  2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

@DarkKnight49x see, qazini thinks I still work as a mail man , and so should you

lovely story panini . I am very interested to see how this continues in its continuation in the next edition .

@Magnoot rip bock but wot there's bock the third??? can I meet.

btw my favourite thing about halloween is the fact that candy goes on sale at the shops here and even tho I don't do halloween, I can actually get cheap candy. :) (chocolate, not candy yes)

SuperDyl, EllieEllie, ~Peper~ and 3 others like this.
  3. Adrian

Adrian Epic Staff Member Administrator

Top 10 pictures taken moments before disaster.

SuperDyl, ~Peper~, iKitten and 3 others like this.
  4. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Lol I got my spawn and image in this post

5. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

Best thing about Halloween is being able to get candy for free man, like it's candy... Who gives it out for free?!

SuperDyl, ~Peper~, iKitten and 3 others like this.
  6. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

The best thing about Halloween (and October in general) is the fact I can dress up how I normally dress up = gothic, black, and spooperlicious
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 20, 2018 ---

[​IMG]

ボック is no more. blame @Mettekes

7. Mettekes

Mettekes Popular Meeper

It was an accident I swear! :(

SuperDyl, iKitten and qazini like this.
  8. Meznik

Meznik Celebrity Meeper

i miss bock the third
    l o l !! i dont actually

SuperDyl, ~Peper~, qazini and 2 others like this.
  9. Magnoot

Magnoot Celebrity Meeper

I miss ボック :(

10. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

+1 will be missed, forever in our hearts

qazini likes this.
  11. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

Nope, not anymore.

RIP Bock the Third.

SpongeyStar likes this.