1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #62

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Aug 12, 2018.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]
    Legend - @Assualt_kitten

Community/Server Events
    Gold Block Chests
    Like exploring? Then you’ll love searching for the chests of gold blocks hidden randomly throughout wild! See here for more.

Server Updates

Builder Job
    Ladders no longer pay for the builder job.

Airport Parkour

A new parkour course has been added! Grab your plane ticket and take off from airplane to airplane in this medium difficulty course in /warp Parkour!

MeepTimes Contests
    In this section, the community will get a chance to participate in a quick contest in each MeepTimes! There will be a 25k prize (from the MeepTimes writers) for one lucky winner, who will be chosen by random number generator. To be entered, just reply to the thread with an answer! Winner will be paid with the release of the next MeepTimes.

The question for this issue is: What if your favorite parkour map and why?

The correct answer to last week’s MeepTimes Contests is January 9th, 2012.

The Project - Airport Parkour

[​IMG]

What is Airport Parkour?
    The Airport map is a medium difficulty course that gets progressively harder has the course continues.

Who was involved in this project?
    • @CluelessKlutz and @onceuponajano built the central map based on a boomo map created by @0zblox.
    • @EllieEllie oversaw the entire process by directing the course, adjusting the map, creating the checkpoints and setting up the course in the plugin.
    • @iKitten and @qazini assisted Ellie in creating the course.
    Let’s talk!
    Why do we need another parkour course?
    New editions to Meep are always exciting, and a fresh parkour course is a nice way to relax from hustle and bustle of towny. - @qazini

It’s always super fun to have something new to do, and parkour has needed something new for quite a long time. Courses can be quite a bit of fun to build, as well. - @CluelessKlutz

I think that adding in another parkour course adds a bit of excitement to the server, but also we haven't added in any recently so it was time for something new. - @onceuponajano

I feel that adding another parkour course will boost excitement for new updates to parkour, and give everyone a new activity to try doing! - @iKitten

I think the current courses have been here for a very long time so it's nice to give the players something new. The last time that happened was the Christmas event and even then it was old parkour maps. - @EllieEllie

What makes Airport parkour unique?
    I suppose people could look at this two ways depending if they like the map or not but it was put together solely by moderation staff using a couple of things from a prospective boomo map that had been discarded and adding a lot of our own content. Clue and Once were a big help in designing the environment. It's been nice to try something new since the only build I worked on before was the "coming soon" part of spawn. - @EllieEllie

I believe that because it was made by many members of staff, it combines all of everyone's building and parkouring skills together into one magical build. - @onceuponajano

It mixes several different types of parkour into one, with the fence parts, ladders, jumping from clouds, and more, which gives you a taste of multiple different ways of parkouring. - @iKitten

The course is fairly long, like city, but with lots of natural checkpoints and gives you plenty of opportunity to take in the whole map. - @qazini

Airport is pretty unique in a number of ways. Firstly, it’s the only course we’ve made in 1.12 and up, giving us access to things like concrete from the start. From a non technical standpoint, it has a very differently build style compared to older courses. It’s also one I can beat! - @CluelessKlutz

What is your favorite part of the course?

Honestly I like the clouds, but the planes are also really cool! - @iKitten

I love how the insides of the planes have turned out, Ellie did a wonderful job on decorating and planning out the parkour to work perfectly. - @onceuponajano

My favourite parts are the insides of the aeroplanes, I think they're pretty cool. - @EllieEllie

Honestly, I love the first checkpoint you reach in the course. You’ve been jumping up through the airport control tower. Dodging blocks and landing the right spots, you finally get to the top. Then the very first thing you see as you come on to the top of the tower is the red airplane seeming to fly just next to the tower. It’s the first time you can truly see how big the course is, making the view incredible. - @CluelessKlutz

I love the cat tree I built around CuddlyKittens while we were building (and fooling around!) In the actual course, I like the cloud jumps - they're fairly easy and give an aerial view on the whole scene. - @qazini

What thought process goes into creating something like a parkour course?
    Well I only really helped with the architecture side of the parkour course in upgrading the existing Boomo map that was previously built. I re-vamped the design of the map starting with the runway to make it look more realistic, took out the existing buildings and created new ones that were more fitting to the map, and added in terrain all around the map. This took a few days for me to be completely happy with but I personally think it looks great! I also had the privilege to help Ellie and others with the planning out of the parkour route, definitely didn't try and make the course super easy so I could complete it… - @onceuponajano

I’m absolutely terrible at parkour in general, but I have lot of fun creating courses and builds, and this is no exception. When I go in to build something, I usually start with an idea in my head on how I want the layout to be. In the case of this map, the actual parkour course was built around the builds once and I did. While the course may not blend as well into the environment as a result, everyone’s gotta start somewhere. - @CluelessKlutz

Ellie did most of the design work for the course. It was very interesting to watch and learn from her how to balance difficulty, enjoyment, and aesthetic in the jumps. - @qazini

When you are creating the parkour you need to think about how difficult it is going to be and how to make it fun and interesting but not too hard/easy. - @iKitten

I think the easiest way to describe it is to have an idea, build it and then try and fit the course in with the idea. It's the first project I've led so there's gonna be a few teething issues, for instance the second to last checkpoint which is just a line of jumps but I still think it worked out pretty well and I'm excited to work on more ideas with the rest of the team. - @EllieEllie

What do you think of the result?

I think it turned out well, people seem happy with it. There's been a couple of things we've changed after it was released but that comes with the territory, players spot things that we don't :) - @EllieEllie

The new course is a fun edition, and thankfully fairly easy - even I, a noob at parkour, was able to complete it after a while. - @qazini

I’m thrilled with the result, and am incredibly happy that people seem to be enjoying it. I can’t even begin to thank everyone who worked on this enough for how well it turned out. - @CluelessKlutz

I think the result is awesome, I haven't yet tried it out in the parkour world but I am excited too! - @iKitten

I think the result of this parkour is wonderful and we as a team are super proud of it - we hope all of the community enjoys this parkour map and hopefully we can have more built in the future - @onceuponajano

Anything else to add?
    Hope all of you enjoy it, I love the end product! (everyone was amazing) - @iKitten

I hope to see you all on the course, and you better beat my terrible time on it! - @CluelessKlutz

Just thanks to the people that helped make it, I really appreciate it and hope you'll come back for the second map we're going to be making. To the players: please let me know if you see anything else that needs changing. There are several shortcuts I'm aware of that are purposefully put in there but other than that I'd like to know your thoughts. - @EllieEllie

I hope everyone gives the course a try, and enjoys doing it as much as I had fun building it. And while you're there, say hi to the cat tree for me! - @qazini

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @definitielynotabi

[​IMG]
    Q: When did you join meepcraft? Why did you decide to stay?
    A: I think it was July 14. I really liked the idea of buying land and doing jobs, and made some friends very quickly.

Q: What do you look forward to each day you come onto MeepCraft? Do your friends play?
    A: Currently I look forward to expanding the farm I have, and searching around for an empty plot. I don’t have any friends that I know personally who play, but I do quite often play with friends I met on the server.

Q: Do you have any regrets? Dice away too much money or accidentally throw away a great pickaxe?
    A: Not particularly. Things are generally easy to replace.

Q: If you could only relive one experience on Meep what would it be? Why was this experience so memorable?
    A: First joining, honestly. I was welcomed immediately and helped by the first person I met. I moved towns, but still have the dog and llama they gave me.

Q: Is there anything you wish the server had? If you could positively change one thing about MeepCraft what would it be?
    A: I think it would be cool if they added a couple mods, but I understand how that can be complicated and difficult to attract new players. I honestly enjoy it as it is and nothing immediately comes to mind.

Welcome and Farewells
    We bid farewell to @JamezMeep from his position as a moderator, and wish him the best of luck!

We’d also like to welcome @steviefiveo56 aboard onto the Architect team!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft

YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo, a story, and community events submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit entries for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @CluelessKlutz.

Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released August 24, 2018. See you then!

This issue was created by: @CluelessKlutz, @Noahnda

Peero, nokes, SuperDyl and 8 others like this.
  2. ThecrazyJJ

ThecrazyJJ Popular Meeper

nice

SuperDyl and CluelessKlutz like this.
  3. Dockson

Dockson Celebrity Meeper

Great edition, love the focus on parkour and as I already mentioned, absolutely awesome job with Airport by all the involved parties.

To answer your question; the best parkour course is undeniably Flowers... just pure genius of a design and mind-blowing parkour obstacles. I very much doubt there's anything even remotely close. (no bias here whatsoever)

Right, all jokes aside. I really loved the old Slicks ice parkour. It was simple enough to not get irritating (due to repetition or unnecessary length), but still very much challenging by going without a pause (bunny-hopping through).

From the courses we have now, I would have to choose Ultimate City. It's a nice entry level parkour every one can try and get instant gratification by completing the first few levels (checkpoints) and it also teaches a thing or two going forward to higher checkpoints. I love to think for it as an example on how level design should work in games in general, not just parkour courses. However, it's still crucial for intermediate and difficult courses to exist to cater to all players... props to Chillroom here :)

KlutchDecals, agnd, SuperDyl and 7 others like this.
  4. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Despite my ongoing hatred of 4 block jumps, Stronghold is my favourite parkour map :)

Good work @CluelessKlutz + @Noahnda !

KlutchDecals, agnd, SuperDyl and 5 others like this.
  5. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

City parkour being the first lengthy parkour I’ve ever completed, imo Meepcraft’s go-to parkour, and the parts that still challenge some of the best parkour players; it’s definitely my favorite! :)

6. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

That cover picture is fantastic.

7. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

City is the first parkour I finished as well(and flower)! For some reason I decided that city would be easier then jungle at the time.
    Meeptimes looks great, Noah and Clue!

KlutchDecals, qazini and Dockson like this.
  8. Thee Boss

Thee Boss Celebrity Meeper

Birthday meeptimes lol

agnd and CluelessKlutz like this.
  9. Selchie

Selchie Celebrity Meeper

love stronghold, just a somewhat frustrating yet fun parkour

EllieEllie and CluelessKlutz like this.
  10. Noahnda

Noahnda Celebrity Meeper

Can someone give me a llama?

EnergyAssassin and CluelessKlutz like this.
  11. Orion9

Orion9 Popular Meeper

I love the name Airport map mostly as I'm a bit of an airplane Nerd!!

12. Captain_Twinkies

Captain_Twinkies Celebrity Meeper

Thank you Klutz, very cool!

13. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Why wasn't there a MeepTimes on August 3-4? Wasn't that 2 weeks after July 21?

Captain_Twinkies likes this.
  14. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

My fav parkour course is city because it brings back so many memories from when I started meep and I only ever finished it 3 years later ...... .... it's also fun, but not as fun when those loopholes were around in the map ;))

15. MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle Popular Meeper

16. 0zblox

0zblox Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

Thanks for putting my planes to use on the map. Awesome work on the rest :)

iKitten, SuperDyl, agnd and 2 others like this.