1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepTimes #57

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by qazini, May 27, 2018.

1. qazini

qazini Neighborhood Panini

[​IMG]

This is Manny, an NPC from Spawn. Manny wanted to say Hi.

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

Community/Server Events

Map Art Competition
    Ever wanted to create a custom artwork to frame on your wall? Participate now in trdavis25’s map art competition found here.

Reddit AMU/Townhall
    With the revival of MeepCraft’s social media accounts, it has been decided to have an Ask Me Anything / Townhall discussion on Meep’s Reddit page. Find the information about the date and time here.

Bugs Squashed

Voting
    After a long anticipated return, voting has been fixed!

Halo
    Corrections to the Halo Spawn have been patched up.

MeepCraft Site and Server
    Despite two unexpected crashes, the server and website are both online and working wonderfully.

Media Page
    The media page on forums now displays threads in the proper order.

Story-time with the Crew ft. A short story by @smk
    Find the first part of the story here.
    Find the second part of the story here.

With a loud crack, a man appeared behind them. He had grown from where the light had once been, and the ground at his feet had been instantly burnt.

“Uhh, who are you?” I asked.

“State your name and Specialty, or we will not grant you access to the Haven.”

Ryan spoke up first. “My name is Ryan, and my power is persuasion.”

That was it. I thought. That is why I was so comfortable around me. Anything he suggested I would do.

I looked at him disgustedly. He had been using his specialty on me since we first met, and I knew no better.

He saw my look and started to talk.

“Ica, I didn’t use my powers on you. If I had, I wouldn’t have been able to touch you. Look.”

He told the man behind us to clap, and instantly the man began to clap. Then he tried to hug the man, and he was instantly thrown backwards by some invisible force.

The irritated look on the man’s face turned into a sly smile as he saw Ryan get thrown backwards for using his power.

I refused to look at him. It didn’t matter that he didn’t use his power on me. He lied and told me he didn’t know what his power was, when he knew with complete confidence what it was.

“My name is Ica, and my specialty is Translucency.”

I suddenly activated my power and only my clothes were visible. With my power activated, I could see through the layers of clothes covering Ryan and the growing man.

The growing man bore the skin of a war veteran. His skin was scarred and blistering. Every inch of his body covered by scar tissue, and he winced as he transferred weight from foot to foot. Behind his back, inside his pants, was a gun.

From that point I panicked.

If this man was only here to bring us into the Haven, why did he carry a weapon?

“The weapon is for Specials who try to attack me, and for the damn Skahli missionaries that followed you all the way here. We decided to dispose of those cult members when you entered our forest. You’re welcome.”

The man had no change in voice. He spoke in a distinct monotone unfaltering rhythm that made him seem constantly annoyed with anybody in front of him.

How did he know what I was thinking?

“Ica my Specialty is morphosis. I imagined I was Zeth, the mind reader, and I became Zeth.” He paused, “You truly believed I was this scarred?”

I looked back in disbelief, the world was completely changing. And it all began when the Haven wall suddenly opened, and I walked through.

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @CryptoSynergy

[​IMG]

Why do you enjoy Meep?
    Because it’s fun, it’s got potential, and it’s a great community.

You have a huge castle. What inspired you to build it? Do you know what you will do with it?
    My inspiration was clue wanted a castle and I supplied it cause I love to build and I have no idea but great things will come of it.

What do you do outside of minecraft?
    I enjoy action and comedy movies and I draw buildings and characters that I create.

Who’s your favorite superhero?
    That would be Iron Man.

Do you have plans for the summer?
    Yeah, I’m going to Florida.

Anything else you’d like to add?
    I’m Barry Allen and I’m the fastest man alive.

Welcomes and Farewells

Farewell to @Vexena, one of our wonderful Helpers! We wish you the best in the future!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft

YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to anyone on the MeepTimes crew listed at the bottom of each edition.
    Happy Meeping!​

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released June 8th, 2018 we hope to see you then!

This issue was created by: @smk , @qazini, @CluelessKlutz, @EllieEllie

Toostenheimer, Adrian, iMelXP and 8 others like this.
  2. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Great Edition next time interview me :D

xX___Kirby___Xx likes this.
  3. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Wonderful addition this time guys

xX___Kirby___Xx likes this.
  4. xX___Kirby___Xx

xX___Kirby___Xx Active Meeper

Hey, on the next meep times, can I do the short story? Im real life, an author, (with no fully published books)! Here is a sample of my work.

1608 words so far, just a blot of idea -WarriorCats

PROLOGUE

Studstone stood up from a large rock in the dark woods in his clans’ marvelous territory.
    He wanted to be a warrior, and a warrior is

a cat that fights for others in his or her clan.

There is now an extremely small total of fourteen cats in his

clan, and only a small, tiny amount of seven of them were

warriors.

To become a warrior for your clan, you must go through some stages. First, for example, you are a small kit. You must wait in the kit’s den until you are five moons old, not any sooner, and not a single bit later.

There is then a naming ceremony, and the kits are accepted by a mentor, which is a warrior, a medicine cat, or a deputy.

You do not have to be a warrior, there are other ways to serve loyalty to your clan, such as being the medicine cat, deputy, or of course, the warriors.

This was an amazing opportunity for the soon to become warrior, for one special person, soon to be one who creates many legends and many prophecy’s.

CHAPTER ONE – Studstone and the others

CRASH!!! BANG!!!! Studstone look out! I just dropped the pawful of rocks from above!” Some mysterious person yelled from the top of a cliff above Studstone. Her name was Mandy, Mandy Rose! What a charming name it was indeed, and Studstone thought so too. He had very keen interest in her.

Studstone did not hear the rocks coming or Mandy, so he just stood, talking to the warrior nearby. The warrior heard though, so he jumped out and ran to stop the rocks. They were small too, as if they were any larger, he would have collapsed. The warrior was young, and he had had loads of talent. The warrior was the fine, Sticker.

“You need to be more careful Studstone, as when you become a warrior in less than a quarter moon, you must be very cautious around your surroundings, as those rocks would have got you there for sure!” Sticker said, exhausted as that was a huge load for him to carry when he was a new warrior. He was one dozen moons old and still he could not hold that. Sticker wondered how she pushed the rocks down at about five moons old.

Her power was incredible, but she wanted to train to be a medicine cat, and she told the other medicine cat. She hoped to get in the medicine den, but if not, she would understand.

The morning patrol returned, and everyone was exited. The naming ceremony is today. Everyone was rather exited to have a new apprentice. Studstone thought otherwise. “Hey Studstone, are you exited? I am sort of exited myself. Mandy is also five moons now too!” Sticker said, apparently wanting something desperately. Studstone had a strange plan that is unheard of. Studstone was hanging around with Mandy again, with special powers, that nobody knew that existed.

At this time, they were talking about the five clans, StarClan, the clan that watches over them, RainClan, the clan that absolutely LOVES water, WindClan, the one whose scent is strong with the wind, InfernoClan, the clan of fire, you must stay away from that clan, as it can completely burn your clan down if you get them angry, and finally but not the last clan, RockClan, who is very pure to the land around them and the total of earth. They have their ups and downs.

Studstone and such are in WindClan.

The leader of WindClan, is AirStar, he is very short tempered, but very kind truly deep down inside. The leader of StarClan is PawStar, the leader of InfernoClan is FireStar, the leader of RockClan is GroundStar, and the leader of RainClan is RiverStar. They chose their names if they become master, or they can stay with the old name they were born with. The kits are named their beginning of their name with kit at the end like PawKit. Studstone was born differently. Studstone was special, as it is not Studkit, or the apprentice name, Studpaw, he went into his warrior or leader name. No other cat had that name. Studstone was a gift from StarClan to WindClan, and he was destined to make his own clan someday.

It’s time now!” Studstone said super excitedly. “Ok it is now time for the naming ceremony!” AirStar said, wondering who will be chosen. “Studstone, you are up!” AirStar said. “Who will choose him?” There were crickets chirping. “Anyone?” Still, nobody wanted Studstone. “We’ll come back to Studstone’ AirStar said, rather surprised that so many warriors don’t want him. “Mandy!” AirStar said. Still nobody wanted her either? “Does anyone want anyone?” AirStar said, rather confused and shocked at the same thing. Still… nobody wanted them. “We shall make a new clan THIS DAY” AirStar said this. “Studstone, greet StarClan at this spell.

Starclan, Help up make the new colan. Greet Studstone at the tone!

StarClan spirits whispered in his ear. “Studstone, gift of StarClan, will make a clan. Yes…. What is the name you seek?” The spirits asked him. “Yell it out to the rest of the clan.” They said.

“THUNDERCLAN” Studstone yelled. The clan was shocked. Some of them even fell over. The spirits yelled to everyone, “Thunderclan it is! Now, let’s see… you would like to be called Studstone still correct, or do you want StudStar or StudStarStone or StudstoneStar?” StarClan spirits asked. “Two names, normally Studstone but will also be StudStar” Studstone said. The spirits said goodbye and good luck on your journey. Now Studstone must choose who to take with him.

“Can I take Mandy, as the medicine cat, can I take Sticker, as the deputy, and can I take two warriors or kits or apprentices?” Studstone said. Mandy was shocked as it is the naming ceremony and she was going to join a new clan.

Sticker, on the other hand, thought he was going to go with him. Mandy was also very surprised because she was not chosen as the medicine apprentice, but she is not no longer an apprentice, she is the medicine cat. “Would you like to take Foxpaw, Icepaw, and their parents, Daisy and, well… you got Sticker, their father. You are ready to take some land from the wilderness, correct?” AirStar asked, ready to let them go, but quite sad at the same time. “Yes, but

I must say one thing to the clan.” Studstone said, “

We may fight in notorious battles, we may lose members of the clans, but never forget, that we are all one with StarClan.”

That was a true speech. Studstone got the others and left silently, mumbling that same speech again and again. The new clan was now muttering about what to do. They had never had to find new territory before.

“We should head to the mountains, but we need to be quick, as if we get caught by other clans, I would lose my pelt!” Studstone advised, suddenly cautious when the other clans lead their patrols. Cautiously, they ran through the dry ground, up to a large hill, where they could see every cat in the four clans, working together.

“We need to work like InfernoClan, they are constantly working.” Studstone said, quite impressed at their work. Sticker saw that too. Soon, the whole ThunderClan was watching the clans. “We need to head to the forests and mountains, as the water and the moor will be a good source of prey and herbs.” Mandy said, very surprised that she would think of herbs like that.

Mandy came through the territory and suddenly stopped. “I’m hungry,” Mandy said,” I want a nice, moist, and fresh mouse,” She had not had a mouse in quite a while. “She is right, we have not had food all day.” Studstone told Daisy. “Foxpaw and Icepaw are extremely hungry as well.” They had quite an empty stomach.

CHAPTER 2 – The Mountains

Prey was scarce, but they had to continue going. They were heading towards the mountains, and there lays the moonpool. The moonpool is where the medicine cats share thoughts, feelings, and what happens in the clans with StarClan. “We need to be careful!” Studstone thought out loud. “We could pass on other clans’ territory!
    “We’re not mouse-brained, chill out Studstone, but you are right that the patrols could be going around any time now, and we are going to work around the Great Journey that the clans’ once took. We need to work around the territory.” Mandy said.

“It was magnificent, where the leaders of each clan were united and found land for a tribe. The tribe found this spot for a reason, and I would also like not to change the way the clans work, thank you very much.” Studstone agreed, not watching where he is putting his paws.

“Ouch!!!” Foxpaw yelped in terror. “Watch where you’re putting your paws!”

Mouse Dung!!!” Studstone thought. “Sorry, Foxpaw!”

“But what about the other areas for prey?” Foxpaw asked.

This was the question that Sticker couldn’t answer. It was impossible to look for their best source of prey with all the trees around. We should head to the mountains a little bit more.

They went and wanted food, so Sticker went off with Foxpaw. Eventually they came to the end of the hedge. The forests became more marshy and thinner.

When they came back, Studstone was sitting with his tail wrapped around his paws. A dead mouse lay beside Sticker. “Do you want to share?” he asked. It was a nice, big, plump and juicy one, which was eaten in seconds.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2018, Original Post Date: May 28, 2018 ---
    I googled it, and Barry Alden does not have a minecraft account!

5. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Meeptimes looks great, guys! I really love your story too Smk.

Also, Kirby, is that kind of like a fanfiction of Erin Hunter's Warriors? It is an interesting idea.

smk and SuperDyl like this.
  6. xX___Kirby___Xx

It is lol, ive read em all!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 28, 2018, Original Post Date: May 28, 2018 ---
    Besides after omen of the stars :|

SuperDyl and iKitten like this.
  7. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

ayo top notch story smk

we need a thread that has generic meeptimes interview questions, we aren't all gonna get an interview

smk likes this.
  8. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

forever waiting for my time to shine

smk, SuperDyl, iKitten and 1 other person like this.
  9. Zesk

Zesk Well-Known Meeper

can your questions be more insightful, kinda annoying reading sentence long answers

SuperDyl, smk and xX___Kirby___Xx like this.
  10. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

Thanks for the feedback. In this case, half of the questions are actually open. I think it's a case of Crypto just having short, straight to the point answers.

Toostenheimer, SuperDyl, smk and 2 others like this.
  11. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Means a lot, despite the 'gay fan fic' comment on the last times, this is one of the stories I think came out the best (writing wise; most of my stories are okay, but not great. I think this one could be something cool and good if I put more effort into expanding it and loading butt tons of detail)

Thanks

SuperDyl and FamousZAmos like this.
  12. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

Did you read it though

and tbh it wasn't a BAD gay fanfic @smk meep just doesn't seem like the place for all that

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  13. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

-_- and there was nothing POSSIBLY better to put here? I find that hard to believe, besides that, great article!

SuperDyl likes this.
  14. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Meeptimes accepts screenshots from the community that can be used for the cover photo, feel free to help out!

(Don’t hate on my dude Manny)

15. xX___Kirby___Xx

16. lanekids40

so what you are telling me is that
    A: not one person submitted a picture for the cover
    or
    B: you got submissions but felt that an npc in spawn (that I don't think does anything except maybe a quest) was a better choice.

SuperDyl likes this.
  17. xX___Kirby___Xx

NO NO NO, people submit it, and one screenshot gets chosen!

18. lanekids40

mhm because someone walked up to an npc, took a screenshot, edited it, and them submitted it. Unless its just the writer but this is what a user submitted image looks like MeepTimes #54

19. xX___Kirby___Xx

Exactly right!

20. lanekids40

Thats incredibly unlikely, and lots of the past articles have staff pictures, taken by staff who work on this.