1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepTimes #56

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by smk, May 11, 2018.

1. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

[​IMG]
    Everyone posing on Clue’s enormous ship after Meepcraft: Civil War

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

Community/Server Events

The Mystical Olympics

The Mystical Nation has been putting on their very own Olympics! Information about the 1v1 Duels can be found Here.
    Information about the 3v3 Halo tournament can be found Here.
    Information about the Ice Boat Races can be found Here.

Redstone Invention Competition
    Grab some redstone and head over to creative, because Agnd has started a Redstone Invention Competition! You can find the details Here.

Meepcraft: Civil War
    The staff divided over if eggs or Marvel was better, and it ended in an all out war with NPC armies. See images here!

Server Updates

Rule Update

An alternate accounts section has been added to the rules. See the updated page here to keep up to date!

Bugs Squashed

Mail

An issue which prevented mail from being sent has been fixed!

Perk Crate
    The Perk Crate is working once again.

Spawn
    The Spawn server experienced a crash which has been repaired.

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Media Applications

Media applications will now be more open to applicants with changes to the requirements. Find more info Here.

Story-time with the Crew ft. A short story by @smk
    Find the first part of the story Here

This whole time, another person in the Church has been Special, and I’d never known.

The boy got up again. He was 20 years old, a newer follower for the group, and he apparently had this shared secret.

“Show yourself, Ica.”

How he knew I was still here I couldn’t tell. He may have recognized me before I went translucent, but he should not have been able to see me.

“What do you want?” I asked.
    The boy replied, “I only want to see you.”

And I don’t know what happened next, but showing myself sounded like such a great idea. So I switched off my translucency and was visible again.

The boy’s eyes looked me over. I didn’t feel nervous as I’d imagined, I had already been through much worse. The boy had gentle blue eyes and a dark brown hairstyle that had became popular with this day and age; the flipped up front.

I had seen his body as well while I was translucent, and there was nothing to say other than this: the kid was hot.

But despite the fact this kid was hot, he was also Special, and had caught me trying to escape.

“What are you doing?” He asked quietly.
    “Leaving.” I replied.
    “And where will you go?”
    “The Haven.”
    “I’m coming with y—“
    “No. You are not coming with me.”

I couldn’t believe the nerve of this boy. First he catches me, and now he decides that he’s coming with me.

But I saw the determined look in his eyes, and despite how nervous and scared I should’ve been with this situation, I couldn’t keep my eyes off his.

“I’m coming with you, and we better leave now.”

And that same feeling overcame me from before. I can’t tell why, but 17 year old me agreed and we left. I still didn’t have clothes on, but we managed to escape the Church grounds.

When we were outside of the cult lands, I went straight for my pack that I had thrown over the walls, and put on some clothes.

I put on some tight clothes and brushed my hair before going back to meet the boy. I had never known why I brushed my hair, but I thought I should have a good second impression.

Something about him just made me want to look my best.

After I had changed, I went back to the boy. His blue eyes tore right through me and I realized suddenly why I had been okay with showing myself. Something about this boy made me feel safe. It wasn’t just knowing that he was Special. There was just something about him. I couldn’t put a name to the feeling her gave me, but I knew it wasn’t natural.

Anyhow, he brought me back to reality with a short laugh.

“Come on, we’ve gotta go.” he smiled warmly at me.

I set off North with the kid. He kept up just fine, possibly a little bit more fit than myself. He seemed small at first, but when he ran I could clearly see he was well-defined underneath his clothes. When I was translucent, I was so surprised by his shoulders that I hadn’t had the time to check him out. What a shame.

We crossed rivers, ran through woods, and eventually came beneath a massive bridge as the day began to come to an end.

He said that his name was Ryan, and that he only found out he was Special last year. Since then, he had been trying to join the faith so that he could be more safe, before setting off for the Haven.

His story was absurdly similar to mine, but his Special didn’t show up so early in his life. I tried to envy his fortune, but I couldn’t. Every time I looked at him and tried to be jealous of being able to lead a normal life before your world gets thrown apart shoulders first, but I couldn’t. Something about him was too warm, too comfortable. He had this goofy smile that just broke through all of my defenses.

We only had my supplies, so we decided to share my sleeping bag.

He had his arm around me as we were sleeping there on our sides. I could hear his shallow breathing on the back of my neck. In. And out. His breathing hypnotizing me. Soon, our breathing was synchronized, and it was as if we were one. I could feel the exhale of breath from both of us as we lay there. I felt absolutely safe, absolutely at ease. I had never felt this way before, and I wished I could feel this way every night.

We woke up at the same time, and honestly I was sad the night was over, but I wasn’t going to let him know that.

“Want breakfast?” I offered.

He smiled again and said, “Only after you’ve eaten. I can wait.”

I just didn’t understand. How could something as simple as that short conversation be something that has stuck with me for years after this had happened. It just didn’t seem right.

After eating, we left the coziness of our bridge, and left again for the Haven.

Based on the map I had in my pack, this bridge was about two days of running from the Haven. It should be an easier trek than yesterday. There were no rivers to cross this time around, it would be mostly forest that we were under for the majority of the day, and escaping the heat of the sun was perfect for running.

We trekked through the forest for the majority of the day, and as the sun was beginning to set, we had finally reached the end of it.

Outside the forest was a vast plain of wild grass. The grass was waist-high, and the wind was howling. My hair blew back into my face, and I had to use a hair tie so that I could see. In front of us was a massive wall that ran for miles in either direction. The wall itself must’ve been over a thousand feet in the air. It was as if I were looking up a skyscraper that ran farther than the eye could see.

Faintly at the top of the wall I could make out three glowing lines running horizontally across the entire wall, illuminating the top quarter of the wall with a deep hue of blue.

“This is it.”

I looked over at Ryan. We had reached it. We survived the outside world and had made it to the wall.

Gallantly, we walked up to the wall, hand in hand, and waited.

We stood there for ten minutes and nothing had happened.

Suddenly, our shoulders starting glowing violently through our clothes. Immediately after the light fest began, a slit in the bottom of the wall was slid to the side, and a little speck of light sped out.

Humans of MeepCraft ft. @xX___Kirby___Xx

[​IMG]

So, you joined the server pretty recently, what made you want to join and stick around?
    Well back in late 2017 I joined but I also played on different servers, so I had no time for Meepcraft. Now I am back, as I found it again and I was so happy. I have been here a lot because I really like the community and the people around here as well, and I want to make more friends and I have lots of fun playing Meepcraft!

Do you have any projects you’re working on at the moment for Meepcraft?

I am trying to get lots of money for a rank and a higher reputation with the other players. News goes a long way these days, and I am also looking forward to the neat games such as Halo.

I noticed you’d joined forums this week, it’s a great place to get to know present and past Meepers, do you have any hobbies you can tell us about so we can get to know you better?

I used to play loads, I like socializing with the right kinds of people, and I play video games quite often, I’m an avid gamer. I like playing basketball and on creative mode I like to build amazing structures, but then I can never finish them, I know there is always more I can do.

If you had Admin for a day, what would you do?

If I had Admin for a day, I would try to make Meepcraft a better place by putting /vote back up, like everyone wants, and give out ranks to make people happy, I like to encourage people too, help people who ask and be the best person I could be, I always try to be the best person I could be.

Clueless would like to know what your favourite Star Wars movie is.

Ooh that’s hard. 7 or 8.

If there was one thing you could do to make Meepcraft a better place, what would it be?

I would make Meepcraft a better place because I would help out the other children and teens and adults on this server and I would try my best to work hard for the best! I could also lower rank prices to ½ off for a day.

Is there anything else you’d like to add?

I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and have fun meepin’ around!

Welcomes and Farewells

Congratulations to @bloodyghost on being promoted to Moderator!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us/subscribe to all of our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Twitter! - @MeepCraftMC reddit! - MeepCraft

YouTube! - MeepCraft Minecraft Server​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to anyone on the MeepTimes crew listed at the bottom of each edition.

Happy Meeping!​

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released May 25, 2018 we hope to see you then!
    This issue was created by: @CluelessKlutz , @smk , @EllieEllie @Courtneyyy

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
    KyloMeep, cooey, riri30 and 5 others like this.
  2. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

:thinking:

did we reeeeaaally have to have a gay fanfic in our minecraft server news?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2018, Original Post Date: May 11, 2018 ---
    gay autism fanfic* my bad
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2018 ---
    literotic gay autistic religion fanfic* my bad again
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2018 ---
    wtf is wrong with you korpi did you accidentally copy a gay fanfic

3. xX___Kirby___Xx

xX___Kirby___Xx Active Meeper

I was Interviewed!

Thanks for your support!

SuperDyl, Pmx728, agnd and 4 others like this.
  4. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

I'm dying reading the story right now. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

can I get featured in the next MeepTimes?

5. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Im impressed that you got everyone online to get into one picture.

Bob4444444, OKNEM and Sqreix like this.
  6. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

(You do realize the main character is a girl, right...)

7. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

No, really? ;)

famous do you have no taste of beauty and perfection

8. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

They fix mail and other stuff, yet they don't fix VOTING?

xX___Kirby___Xx likes this.
  9. xX___Kirby___Xx

It makes no sense, but when they do, vote key prices will drop like hell!

10. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

how will the prices fall?

11. xX___Kirby___Xx

Vote Keys will be more common, as people will vote loads. So with the 5k they're worth now, I would definitely see a drop to about 500

12. Sqreix

Sqreix Celebrity Meeper

All I can see from your forum posts are complaints. May I ask what have you done for the server's benefit?

"The people that have access from the plugin are away/not available. That includes KlutchDecals, Cooleysworld, LordInateur, and Fuzzlr (or there's one more)." - @CluelessKlutz

FamousZAmos, smk and xX___Kirby___Xx like this.
  13. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Prices have been around 4600 for pretty much the last 3 months. I doubt they’ll drop

14. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

Usually the drop isn’t this exponential. There’s generally a steady demand, so I wouldn’t expect prices any lower than around 3500. But it’s a good observation.

15. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

if gay autism literotic religious fanfics are beautiful and perfect,

well,

I'm glad I'm not perfect

Blue_Marlin likes this.
  16. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

disgusting human being

17. xX___Kirby___Xx

we're talking if/wen voting comes back up...

18. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I buy keys for 3750 consistently. I wont be changing my prices when the vote crates comes back up

19. Achrow

Achrow Celebrity Meeper Staff Member Architect

why isnt it a boy? DOES MEEP NOT PROMOTE EQUALITY?

20. lanekids40

lanekids40 Popular Meeper

lol clue probably used npcs