1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  3. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  4. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Cookies Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepTimes #54

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Courtneyyy, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

[​IMG]
    Did you happen to see Cooleys and Fuzzlr dressed up for the Spring Event? Don’t miss out a chance to ‘hop’ on over and see them at /warp easter. Thank you @PixelPooter for the picture enjoy your 5,000!

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.​

Community/Server Events

Don’t forget we only have TWO days left to take advantage of our 20% off Spring Sale! Also, to get your grinding in before we say goodbye to the Spring Event at /warp easter on the 15th
    Make sure to check out the video @iPolarFlame made showcasing the event!! here

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Getting rid of chat tax
    Like to talk a lot? So do we so we are removing the tax to chat!
    Thread

Double post chat filter
    Although we aren’t removing it completely we will be changing it from a double post to a triple post filter.
    Thread

Decreasing particles
    Those pesky particles always in your way? Don’t fret any longer they will be removed!
    Thread

Vote Crate Sword and Obsidian Pick
    Adding super cool items to the /warp crate and items you will obtain from voting for Meepcraft.com
    Thread for sword
    Thread for pick

Change for pressure plates in Towny
    Allowing all pressure plates to be an “allow” instead of needing switch perms
    Thread

Bulk sell signs at /warp farming
    It currently takes forever to sell items one by one, with this change you will be able to sell items in a bulker setting.
    Thread

Contractors
    This rank will give its recipient temporary privileges in another town so they can build, destroy, mine and create.
    Thread

Making voting worth it to skyblock players
    Adding cool items for skyblock to either obtain them or trade them in for something else
    Thread

More voting websites
    Sounds simple enough we are going to expand our voting websites!
    Thread

Teleporting to towns using /t spawn
    Allowing mayors the opportunity to change the tax you are charged for teleporting to different towns whether that is 0 or 10 meebles!
    Thread

/t annex
    Want to annex your town with another? Well now you will be able to!
    Thread

Limit length of trade chat
    Currently the length of letters you can use on /tr is significantly large so we are planning to reduce it so the chats won’t look so spammy.
    Thread

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @sarahlaserena

[​IMG]
    Sarahlaserena in front of her iron golem farm in Skyblock.

How did you find Meepcraft?
    I was looking for a well-populated server with lots of fun features and people, and found Meepcraft through a server listing website. I joined initially in 2014!

What is your favorite world on Meepcraft?
    Skyblock! I love the extra challenge. :)

Recently the Easter event came out, have you had a chance to try that at all?
    I did try it a little bit, but hit a wall once I needed to provide all the glazed terracotta colors, since I don’t play Towns much and I didn’t have any resources lol.

I tried the Easter Egg one in spawn but it wasn’t registering the eggs I found so I gave up.

What is it like to own a skyblock island all by yourself?
    It’s a little lonely, but I like knowing that I can build and decorate my island however I want. I’m sure I’ll have some grand plans down the line.

If you were give admin for a day, what would you change about meep?
    wow that’s a loaded question lol. let me think...

I’d probably host a big contest if some sort, but as far as changing what already exists, I’m not sure I’d really want to change anything. All of the mods and helpers are on point, there’s only so much that can be done to wrangle some troublesome players, we have tons of mini-games and sub/servers, so speaking logically, I can’t really think of anything that could be improved. Maybe I’d give the staff some bonuses, lol.

Okay, last two. This may be a little too personal, so I apologize in advance...
    Nah it’s fine, go for it

Do you like hot chocolate?
    I love hot chocolate. :) Doesn’t everyone? haha.

Okay, the real question: Do you make hot chocolate with milk, or with water?
    Actually, I do both, depending on how rich I want my cocoa to taste. Milk gives a richer flavor, but water is easier, haha.

Is there anything else you’d like to add?
    Hmm, just a general shout-out to the players on Meep who have been friendly and helpful. People like that are what make a server a wonderful place.

Story-time with the Crew ft. a short story by @smk

Before you stands Duhm Boh the patron god of the Intergalactic Elligent species. To defeat another species god meant annihilation of their people, and Duhm Boh had never lost yet. Duhm Bo has been undefeated in every war so far, and he had his eyes set on the small blue planet Earth.

Duhm Boh was a tactical genius, and one of the brightest minds in all of the galaxy. His military strength was unmatched in the universe, but often the intelligence branch of the Int. Elligent species could get the job done before other species realized they were at war.

This should have been a routine Class C planet. The ruling species was millennia behind the Int. Elligents, and they could not seem to find peace even on the small land masses that they called home.

To start off the war, the Int. Elligents would send in an intelligence officer that would gather basic information to decide how much effort needed to go into the planet.

Well, the initial information intelligence officer had come back already, and his planet was going to be a breeze. Since this was a low-class, easy, routine planet, Duhm Boh decided that this planet would be perfect for a rookie.

Rookies were not given names until they had finished ten successful missions. So for this mission, VivaciousGrape would be taking on planet Earth.

Vivacious was super excited. A fresh new alien straight out of Uni Ver City ready to take on his first planet! Vivacious gave the signal to the operator, and he was beamed into planet Earth.

Intelligence officers were given one full day to size up the planet before being beamed back up for their report and advice on how to wage the war.

The main goal of these probing missions was to discover the weakness of the patron god, and estimate the challenges that may arise when trying to defeat the puny challenger.

Well, Vivacious was given 24 Earth hours to do so, and he started by taking stock of his surroundings.

He was in the middle of a bustling city, and cars streamed by him consistently swerving to avoid him, all the meanwhile beeping.

These fast metal vehicles scared Vivacious, but he could clearly point out all of the factors that led to these death trap’s inefficiencies. He felt bad that this species would be annihilated, so he figured he could at least give them some knowledge before their annihilation.

So he grabbed a random passerby waiting to cross the street.

“Hey, you know these metal boxes you guys are moving around these streets? You need to use a frugal binding on top of the brakes so that you can enter the 4th dimension and move much faster. With access to the four—“

“Bro what the heck are you?” The human asks Vivacious.

“I am VivaciousGrape, and I am trying to help you guys out. The fruga—“

“I don’t care about no frugal binding bro, I’m just trying to get to a movie.”

“A movie?” VivaciousGrape asked.

“Yeah, where the little picture moves and you watch for enjoyment.”

“This is intriguing. You would use your time for personal enjoyment and not the betterment of your species?”

“Are you alright, bro?”

I didn’t know what this meant, but the white person appeared in the box across the street, and he suddenly started walking across the street. I followed, not knowing what else to do, and walked into a dark building.

The second I got through the exterior entrance, a gust of air tried to repel me, but I resisted the force field.

“Why do you guys have weak force fields protecting this building?”

The man from the crosswalk turned around and just gave me a funny look.

I didn’t know what the heck was happening.

I saw the man go up to this counter, hand the guy behind the counter lots of paper, and receive one smaller piece of paper. This was a foreign concept to me. Why are they trading paper? This doesn’t make any sense.

Anyhow, the man walks to the other end of the building into a long hallway lined with doors.

I didn’t know how he chose, but he walked into the third set of doors on the right. I followed him in and took a seat a row or two behind him.

Eventually a hologram appeared on the screen and began to talk. Loud noises were played from weird devices in the wall, and all of these people came to sit in this room. It seemed like Hell to sit and have to suffer through loud noises and images, but they were seeming to enjoy it.

People appeared on the screen. There was a man in the suit and a beautiful young woman.

The man seemed to attack the beautiful young woman, and she grimaced in pain. Crying out loud often.

The whole while the poor woman begged for mercy, and rambling on about the color gray. I didn’t understand how they could watch such a horrible thing. But it seemed that some of the humans enjoyed it.

I had enough of this planet, so I hit a button on my wrist holo and was beamed back up by the operator.

Duhm Boh asked me why I was back so early. I told him that they were already as good as dead based on their commitment to simple things like “enjoyment” and “life”.

While they would be easy to finish, Vivacious had never seen a planet as primitive as planet Earth, and the planet appeared to have no patron god.

“What do you mean, no god?” He asked. “It is impossible for a species to live without a god.”

I couldn’t explain it, but I knew that they had no god, and we would be going out of our way to destroy a Class C, non-threatening planet, when we could be going for a Class A planet like planet Mars.

Duhm Boh nodded and Int. Elligent moved onto the next planet.

Welcomes and Farewells

Welcome @iPolarFlame to the Media team! We cannot wait to see what you create for our server.

Congratulations to @KyloMeep on his recent promotion to Moderator! Thanks for all you do! :)

We bid farewell to @Pmx728 and wish you luck in all your future endeavors!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep! If you have any suggestions for the social media posts or pictures you want added don’t hesitate to reach out to @Courtneyyy for inquiries!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc Twitter! - @officialmeepmc​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @CluelessKlutz or @Courtneyyy. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released April 27, 2018 we hope to see you then!
    This issue was created by: @Courtneyyy and @smk

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

it's dum
    b O
    aka @DarkKnight49x

nice edition tho, I love the easter event!

3. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

I’m still laughing at the story and the mass amounts of changes we had to make to it. Looks like a good edition as always :)

4. Peero

Peero Celebrity Meeper

Infinity War hits theaters that day, gonna be a little competition.

UkiIsTrash, smk and Courtneyyy like this.
  5. Courtneyyy

Challenge accepted!

iKitten, FamousZAmos and Peero like this.
  6. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

the amount of mistakes in this one is tremendous and should be taken down immediately or fixed with the proper spelling of dum
    b O
    u dum
    b Os
    pongy is more smarter than u guys in spelling dum
    b O
    fix it now u dum
    b Os

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    iKitten and SpongeyStar like this.
  7. Courtneyyy

No

smk likes this.
  8. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Love the recent accepted suggestions!
    Great edition, as always!

iKitten, smk, agnd and 1 other person like this.
  9. agnd

agnd is a steely-eyed missile man

Great edition! So many additions I can't wait for

smk likes this.
  10. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

You didn't congratulate @KyloMeep on mod :(

iKitten, smk, KyloMeep and 1 other person like this.
  11. Courtneyyy

Added my apologizes! :)

smk likes this.
  12. IzzSt

IzzSt Celebrity Meeper

Are all these new commands in effect yet?

smk likes this.
  13. Courtneyyy

No, just recently accepted!

smk likes this.
  14. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Down*

Courtneyyy likes this.
  15. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

Still one of the few people who hasn't been interviewed by the MeepTimes. *sigh*

BooBear1227 likes this.
  16. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Well reach out to them instead of sitting there and complaining about it

17. CryogenicNewt05

CryogenicNewt05 Popular Meeper

How would I "reach out to them"

18. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

Shoot a message to one of the corresponding staff which it says right in the thread itself

Courtneyyy, iKitten and smk like this.
  19. KyloMeep

KyloMeep Mipha's Grace

Yeah, just give Clueless or Ellie a message and they'll probs do an interview with you

20. junelawnchaired

junelawnchaired neat-o!

you and me both pal

BooBear1227, Lilliya and Courtneyyy like this.