1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

MeepTimes #53: The Easter Edition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Courtneyyy, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

[​IMG]

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. ​

Community Events
    Medieval Windmill build Contest
    @Achrow is back with another contest! Check it out here!

A Fun New Minigame Place Is Here!
    MaestroLC and _RCHT_ will be hosting many competitions for games. Keep an eye out for them in game and on their thread here!

Server Updates
    Nothing to report at this time!

Bugs Squashed
    Trapped in Halo
    An error with people getting stuck in Halo was fixed.

Halo Disguises
    You can no longer use disguises in the Halo world.

Disguises in Spleef
    You can no longer disguise in the spleef arena.

The Project - Spring Event

[​IMG]

What is the Spring Event Project?
    The Spring Event was something that was thought about to give the players something cool to participate in including a quest, parkour map, mob arena, fishing area and an easter egg hunt. We hope to release the event to the public around Easter!

Who was involved?
    -@andrewrobins and @alex77034 built this amazing map for the Easter Event
    -@LordInateur was involved with everything Tech related to the map!
    -@Midnight_Galaxy lead the writing of the quest
    -@NinjaRoxy coordinated the various activities and served as lead on the project.
    -@CluelessKlutz and @MasterofBoom formulated the mob arena’s structure and rewards
    -@EllieEllie assisted in creating the egg hunts.

Let’s chat shall we?

What was your role in creating the Easter Event?
    Developing ideas and creating magic. - @andrewrobins

I co-designed and implemented the Easter Egg hunt plugin, and I also implemented the new quest that was designed. - @LordInateur

I helped organize what we would like to go into the event, and how we would like it to be set out. To create the best player experience. - @NinjaRoxy

I helped with formulating the ideas for the items to be rewarded for the mob arena and some of the ideas in planning. - @MasterofBoom

My role was basically assisting Lord with the creation of the Easter egg hunt plugin. As you can probably guess, he used me for my amazing coding abilities that I have kept hidden until now (Kidding). I helped brainstorm and shape the idea of the plugin as I wanted something everyone could take part in since last year's egg hunt was only available to the people online when it happened. This plugin will enable everyone to take part, no matter what time they log on. - @EllieEllie

My role in the Easter Event was the quest. With help from my team we came up with the idea and then with some assistance i wrote the script. - @Midnight_Galaxy

My role was building the event with andrew and helping with quest and event ideas. - @alex77034

Overall, my role has been helping @MasterofBoom with the ideas for the Mob Arena, assisting the architects with the building process, and helping Lord and Roxy out with the implementation of the event. - @CluelessKlutz

What would you consider your greatest obstacle and how did you overcome it?
    I think probably the greatest obstacle was trying to organize all of the wonderful input that our staff members contributed to make these projects as fun as possible. - @LordInateur

Easily the toughest part in getting these events together is pulling everything together in time. Luckily we manage, but it’s not easy when you have this many people working on so many different components, as you can see by the sheer number of people being interviewed here. - @CluelessKlutz

Alex, ignored him. To be honest, the only trouble I had was time management, this build was long about +170 hours easy. Due to working full time it was a hard task to fit in. - @andrewrobins

Probably the most difficult part was figuring out what people would want to earn during the event without breaking the eco with some crazy overpowered item. Everything was resolved thankfully by discussing it with the rest of the staff team and a little fine-tuning. - @MasterofBoom

To be honest, there were lots of obstacles! There were parts of the event that were tried over and over again to make them look better. If you saw the starting product and the final one you’d be shocked at how different they are too. There were parts that I didn’t know how to proceed with and andy was a big help with making those. To add on to that, the size of the event and the timeliness of it made it harder. It was a big project to create but I wouldn’t of wanted it any easier. - @alex77034

My greatest obstacle was probably coming up with a idea which was somewhat unique. I didn't just want it to be a egg hunt or just a find the bunny and i didnt want it to just be go speak to him and then get this. So i think merging the two and adding questions in made it more interesting. - @Midnight_Galaxy

To be honest, there weren't any major obstacles with the egg hunt plugin. Unless Lord hasn't mentioned something that happened with the coding, but even then I wouldn't really understand. - @EllieEllie

Would you have done anything different?
    I know for the egg hunt plugin that players will have to be on their toes, I have a magic wand to double the fun. - @EllieEllie

It would most likely have to be doing it earlier and getting mosting of it done sooner. - @alex77034

If anything I think maybe coming up with the overall idea sooner. - @Midnight_Galaxy

If this wasn’t against the clock I would have done more work to the edges as doing fences were a time saver. I would have done a nice pixel art on all sides. - @andrewrobins

The one thing I would change would honestly be the structure of the mob arena itself. Not the map, but the layout of how players actually earn the prizes. - @CluelessKlutz

I probably would have started on the plugins a bit earlier xD - @LordInateur

If I was given another shot, I probably would have worked with @LordInateur on making a plugin to allow us to use more items. - @MasterofBoom

[​IMG]

What inspired the designs?
    When I think of Easter I have to look at my childhood as I have grown out of all holidays now, but one aspect still stays with me. When I was a child I was often tasked with creating a scene orset using an egg. And the set I used to always go for was either a scene that depicted a egg pun or one of an Easter garden. With this in mind I developed this idea on my own to help the rest of the team visualise the idea. Taking into account of other ideas we collage them all together to get what we have now a Easter garden/ Alice in wonderland / Easter morning creation adventure map. - @andrewrobins

The funny thing is Andy and I had separate ideas the majority of the time. I thought we were just making an Easter/spring world, but it turned out andy wanted to make a full fleshed fantasy garden and I was immediately on board with that. One thing you’ll notice is as you start out by the house the garden is decently normal and it gets suddenly weirder the more you go on. - @alex77034

What kind of things can be expected from the event?
    Fishing Competitions, Mob Arena with special drops, a quest, Easter Egg Hunt, Parkour, and a great map to run around and explore. - @NinjaRoxy

Plenty of awesome prizes are in store for those who want to go for it. It'll be a challenge, but the rewards are well worth it. - @MasterofBoom

What do you think of the completed project?
    Overall I am pretty proud of the project! The build is amazing and I believe the quest is well written. - @Midnight_Galaxy

I'm happy with how everything has come together to create the event. - @MasterofBoom

I like the colour as that’s what springs to mind this time of year. - @Andrewrobins247

The map looks amazing, a lot of hard work was put into making it. Thank you to all the people that worked on the event, as I am sure the players will really like it. - @NinjaRoxy

I’m really amazed. It came so far in just the span of a couple weeks and the final product looks great to me. I couldn’t of done it at all without andrew, and I appreciate his hard work and dedication even through his packed schedule. It was definitely one of the most ambitious and fun projects I took part in, and I’m happy that we get to share it with you guys. - @alex77034

I think it's going to be amazing and really fun for players and staff alike, we've worked hard on it and are all really proud of what we've achieved and can't wait for everyone to have a go. - @EllieEllie

The custom plugins definitely bring a unique experience to Meep so I hope that the players enjoy them. - @LordInateur

Is there anything else you’d like to add?
    Hope you all enjoy the event, and see you in the arena! - @MasterofBoom

I’m sleepy. - @andrewrobins

Enjoy the event! Have fun! And if you have any quest suggestions let me know! - @Midnight_Galaxy

Thanks especially to Ellie, who helped a lot in the design of the Easter Egg Hunt plugin, and to Mid for continuing to coordinate the new quests. - @LordInateur

Happy Easter! - @alex77034

I just want to thank staff for their continued hard work (especially Lord and Clue) when it comes to trying to bring bigger and better things to meep. I also want to say especially that Alex and Andy have done an incredible job on the build, and I can't wait until it's revealed. - @EllieEllie

Hope you all have a lovely Easter, and get plenty of time to come and explore the Easter event. - @NinjaRoxy

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @SoNotTom

[​IMG]

So, how do you find Meepcraft?
    I find Meepcraft very fun and I enjoy everything on the server, especially Towns. My favourite part of the server must be how nice other players are.

What’s your favorite Meep memory?
    My favorite memory must be when I joined Tirael (Hiraeth now) I was new to the server and only just getting used to the server. I joined and everything was so fun, things were going really well, for a good few months it was really fun.

Do you have a favorite build that you’ve done?
    This is an easy one, the plot we’re standing on now. My Medieval Village, I had soo much fun building this and the good thing is I’m not even finished yet

If you could change anything about your Meep experience, what would it be?
    Umm, well there’s not much I would change, things are great, the environment, the people. The banta, everything is good, I can’t think of anything I would change.

If you could only eat one snack for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Umm, well I always love eating strawberries, so if I had only 1 snack to eat, it would have to be strawberries, I know it sounds boring but they’re really tasty.

What’s your favorite film/book and why?
    Well my favorite movie would have to be Happy GIlmore (Adam Sandler) the reason why I love this film is because it’s a comedy and it mainly involves golf, and golf is a sport I also play.

Oh cool, do you play golf professionally or as a hobby?
    A hobby but I do play small local comps

Is there anything else you’d like to add
    I want to say thank you for everyone on the server for being so nice and fun! And that I can’t wait for the future

Welcomes and Farewells

Welcome back @Courtneyyy on her return to the staff team!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things Meep! Our Instagram is officially linked to our email should you have photos you’d like posted or questions send us an email and we can look into it!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc Facebook! - @meepcraftmc​

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @CluelessKlutz. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released April 13, 2018 we hope to see you then!
    This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz, @Courtneyyy, @EllieEllie

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    SuperDyl, UkiIsTrash, nokes and 15 others like this.
  2. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

TL:DR:
    egg

agnd, EllieEllie and J055Y_ like this.
  3. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

I feel a little harsh for not complimenting the staff enough.. Ill be honest the build was a grind and it took its toll, but the response the team took to beat this obstacle is to be admired.

I would also like to thank Candymaster (even though she will deny any help her ideas still came to help) Draqq (He built the sunflowers, No point in wasting a great build.), @Oldchopper He wanted to include an Alice in wonderland theme from the beginning before he unfortunately resigned.

Thank you to @Midnight_Galaxy for steadying the quest building process and waiting patiently for us to complete our build. so the quest corresponds to the build not us having to work to their brief. This helped me an Alex to be creative and not be as held back as a brief can be.

The admins for being supportive during the build process and giving us time.

@onceuponajano and @EllieEllie for creating decorations in the room was a great help.

@alex77034 for being patient with me as at the beginning, I wouldn't say what my ideas were. Which in turn made him feel like he was soloing the project.

@Courtneyyy for not leaking my leak :)

@CluelessKlutz for allowing my bribe (due duh will go on strike if this doesn't happen. The doctor says...)
    And actually adding me to this Meep Times

Fuzzlr for giving me Admin.

And to whoever I left out excellent work

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    SuperDyl, iKitten, alex77034 and 8 others like this.
  4. onceuponajano

onceuponajano nump(t)y queen

my pleasure, would love to help with more building projects in the future!

5. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

6. Courtneyyy

Of course anything for you :) I appreciate you and all your hard work!

iKitten, Pmx728 and onceuponajano like this.
  7. Kling

Kling Break blocks not hearts

Great work @KyloMeep on really creating the staple idea of the quest with your two ideas gelled as one although you were not mentioned.

iKitten, riri30, Its_Madison and 5 others like this.
  8. Pmx728

Pmx728 Legendary Meeper

Can’t wait for the Easter event. That map looks amazing.

Courtneyyy likes this.
  9. andrewrobins

andrewrobins My views are my own.

kind of confused about the little bird in the first pic ha.

Pmx728 likes this.
  10. Courtneyyy

Is not a bird! That is Absolem from Alice in Wonderland and he is a caterpillar!!

[​IMG]

11. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Cool edition guys!
    Can’t wait to see that Easter event.

iKitten, Courtneyyy and alex77034 like this.
  12. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

The little thing sneaked away.

iKitten and Courtneyyy like this.
  13. ekjhgekuie

ekjhgekuie Celebrity Meeper

Can anybody give me a list of the villager items and drops? I'm out of town for the weekend.

14. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

OMG I just realised whats inside the tv is actually where we spawn in at the Easter event!

that's so trippy looking at it from this angle I need to get a better look *goes in game*

onceuponajano, Pmx728 and Courtneyyy like this.
  15. Courtneyyy

I loved taking that photo! It was sooo cool and creative you are correct you spawn inside the tv and most people don’t see if from that angle unless they complete the parkour and obtain fly. :)

SuperDyl and SpongeyStar like this.
  16. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

I just realized that last night it’s a really cool and awesome idea

Courtneyyy likes this.
  17. SpongeyStar

SpongeyStar Professor in Wumbology

still angry about duhm bo

18. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

yo anyone got like the photos from this still lol