1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #49: The Creative Edition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Feb 4, 2018.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

2018-02-04_18.39.34.png
    The Eggsplorer - @CluelessKlutz

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works.

We skipped the previous edition due to not much changing.

Community Events

[​IMG]
    Western Town - @DarkKnight49x

Creative Build Competition
    Judged by our very own @Fuzzlr, @0zblox, and @xAlexbearx, the creative compeition was an exciting event with close to thirty entries! When the judging was complete, @CluelessKlutz and @DarkKnight49x tied for first, @onceuponajano got second, and @EllieEllie got third. Congratulations to everyone who entered!

[​IMG]

Friendship Tree - @EllieEllie

[​IMG]

@onceuponajano

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Newbie Books
    A new guide for players in the form of a written book will contain basic commands and tips!
    Thread

Chorus Fruit
    Forever alone, it may seem, but not for long! Chorus fruit will be joining the other crops at /warp farming.
    Thread

Skyblock Spawners
    Spawners for skyblock make their return to the server shop!
    Thread

Server Downtime Indicator
    View the current status of the server from the website with this suggestion.
    Thread

KitPvP
    The return of KitPvP is underway, using new balancing techniques described in this suggestion!
    Thread

Nation Assistants
    With the upcoming update to nations, assistants will be given the ability to use /n say.
    Thread

Starting Kits
    New players will automatically start with a set of items!
    Thread

Parkour Diamonds
    Uses for the parkour diamonds will be implemented.
    Thread

Spectating Parkour
    Have you ever wanted to watch someone else do parkour? With this, you would be able to spectate other players’ runs through the courses.
    Thread

Gadgets
    Making their return, gadgets offer EULA compliant perks for players that offer no advantage.
    Thread

Pholos in Skyblock
    Advertise your shop or island by renting holograms in the Skyblock spawn with this suggestion!
    Thread

Kill Messages
    Death messages will be displayed in spawn once again, PvP on!
    Thread

Storytime with the Crew - Trouble with Zamos

There had been many glitches discovered in MeepCraft’s full time period. Hopper glitches, /hat glitches and the infamous /pack glitch. @FamousZAmos had taken intrigue to these glitches, but was wary of the outcomes of using them — he remembered Khafra, VKL, AwesomeAdoGamer — all of them caught for bug abusing. And staff all caught them the same way — tip offs.

Zamos shook his head, and went back to creating his map. It’d be cool if I could make a few hundred thousand off a new glitch. He searched around in his organized chests, looking for any spare sugar cane. He messaged his closest ally and friend, @bloodyghost. “Hey, have you got any spare sugar cane? I need it for the map,” Waiting a few seconds, the response came through: “Yeah, tpa.”

Bloody’s idea of a base was not to be – chests scattered all around, dirt blocks in here, beacons in there. Lava pits surrounded the place, enabling him to throw any junk blocks into it quickly and efficiently. Bloody walked around to a chest near the back of the room, opened it and threw a few stacks of sugar cane onto the ground. “Thanks, man,” acknowledged Zamos. “Hey, how’s your staff app going, by the way?” he asked. Bloody had submitted a Helper application in a few days prior, with the majority of the community rallying to give him a go. Bloody smiled, and replied, “It’s going well. I have a pretty good chance.”

“That’s good, man. Congrats. I hope it gets accepted.”
    “Thanks, Zamos. Means a lot.”
    With that, Zamos warped back to his base, where he continued to craft his map.

A few hours later, Zamos received a strange PM from a previously-unknown username. hapyhapy154. “Dude, I found a bug. You won’t believe it. Tpa.” Zamos was confused and skeptical, as a quick /seen command found this player to be in Wild.
    “Yo, who are you? And you know you’re in Wild right?”
    “I can’t tell you now. You really think I’m going to lure you?”
    Zamos paused to think. Was he really going to kill him? He wasn’t going to take any chances. Emptying his inventory into his /chest, he accepted the tpa.

Hapy appeared from the void, along with a vast plains biome in the middle of wild. A chest was situated near him, which Zamos felt a strange urge to open. He started towards it, when a sharp “NO!” appeared in local chat. He turned to face Hapy – an angered expression on his face.
    “Do you know what you’re doing? No! That’s the supplydrop! You can’t activate it! That’s part of the bug, man.”
    Zamos frowned, and pressed F3. Of course. Supply drop. How could he have been so stupid?
    “Now, here’s how it works.”

Standing on a platform at the build limit, Zamos saw an orange speck in the distance down below. “Are you sure this is how it works?” he asked, very concerned, for if Hapy was lying, he could die and potentially drop his head. There were none of his head in circulation, and he certainly wasn’t about to add to the economy.
    “Of course it works! I’ve already made 100k off it already! Just jump, alright? Don’t forget what I told you.”
    Zamos’ doubts were circling. Do I jump? Do I not jump? Do I jump? Do I bail and go back? I don’t know…
    He took a deep breath, and jumped.
    The air felt like it was coming out of a jet engine around him. He fell, speeding towards the ground at supersonic speeds. He lined himself up with the chest, and checked F3 – 150 blocks. 120 blocks. 100 blocks. 70 blocks. He braced, hit the Escape button and clicked on “Disconnect” just as he was about to hit the chest.

The multiplayer screen never looked so comforting. One server lit up the menu – MeepCraft.

He double-clicked, and the server loaded in around him. Next to him was Hapy – a smug look on his face. He looked down – and saw that he was inside the chest. He smiled. Opening the chest, he looked out for the global notification that he had found the supply drop – but nothing came. He emptied the chest, and reopened it to find the chest stocked to the brim with the same items. He smiled. “Well, that was easy.”

100k up, 250k up, 500k up. Zamos was getting more money than he had thought he had get through this bug he had found from a mere citizen. Hapy had gone offline hours ago, but Zamos had continued to get the supply drop through the glitch, wherever it had popped up. Falling through the air for the n’th time, he smiled, and relogged. Quickly opening the chest, he emptied it, and came back to the biome with a new notification in global: FamousZAmos found the supply drop in Wild! He frowned. That wasn’t supposed to happen. A message came through, from Bloody – “Hey, could I have some of the loot? I gave you the sugar cane before.” Quickly hiding the spare ores in his /chest, he accepted the tpa that had come through. Bloody took a few steps, and sighed.

“Nice find, man, this isn’t a easy loca… What’s that?” pointing to the tower Zamos had hastily built to complete the glitch.

“Uh, there was a, uh… an island up there. I wanted to check it out.”

“In a desert biome? Come on, Zamos, what’s going on? And why do you have 500k more than usual?”

Zamos grimaced. His balance. He completely forgot that it floated above his head, right below his name. “Alright, I wouldn’t tell anyone else but you. I was bug abusing. Alright?”

Bloody looked shocked. “Are you serious? Why? You know how much trouble you could get into?”

Zamos nodded. “Yes, yes, I know, but you’re not going to tell anyone, are you?”

Bloody hesitated. No, Zamos thought. There’s no way he’s going to turn me in. He’s my best mate. No way.

“I should report you, you know. With my staff app up and all.”

“I know. You should,” Zamos admitting defeat.

“Our secret, then, aye?” Bloody chuckled.

Zamos looked up. “You’re not going to turn me in?”

“Of course not, mate. We’re buddies. We don’t turn ourselves in when we do a little bug exploiting. But no more, alright? You’re done with this.”

Zamos nodded quickly. “Yep, we’re done. No more of this.”

Bloody smiled. “Another bug to add to the collection then?”

Laughing, Zamos replied, “What’s that, 26 now?”

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @Yuu_Otosoka

How did you first find the server?
    It was about two years ago. When I was searching for a English server to upgrade my knowledge. But it was much… much! More interesting that I expected and I played it nearly every day. And I remembered about Meepcraft 2 months ago.

If you were to pick a favorite season, what would it be, and why?
    It would be Summer. Because it’s much freer time and I feel calm when it’s not too cold outside

What is your favorite memory on the server?

My favorite memory was when I made a box house with banners and colored windows. I was so proud when I was looking at it so I called nearly everyone to see what I made! And it was very helpful because it allows you not to be shy and make more friends!

You’re hosting the Medieval Building Contest. What lead you to pick that building style?

Before it I was making modern houses, but then I realized that medieval houses can get much more decorations. And I was very interested to see what can other people make and compare it to my build.

If you could be any Star Wars character, who would it be?

It would be luke skywalker because he saved the planet! And he is a funny guy.

Anything else you’d like to add?

I wish everyone best of luck in the competition!

Welcomes and Farewells
    Congratulations to @bloodyghost and @KyloMeep on their acceptance to the staff team, and @MasterofBoom and @onceuponajano on being promoted to moderator!

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc

Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Get involved with the MeepTimes
    With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @CluelessKlutz. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released February 16, 2018! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz and @OKNEM

Peero, riri30, onceuponajano and 5 others like this.
  2. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

+2 to the builders.... Whos being interviewed next tho?

3. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

Great Addition!

Once again, congratulations to all winners of the 2018 Building Contest!

EllieEllie and SuperDyl like this.
  4. xQuartz

xQuartz Celebrity Meeper

5. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

I love Pholos...

Seriously though, people have been busy with suggestions.

6. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

pretty much:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OKNEM and SuperDyl like this.
  7. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

I’m so proud of you clue for pretty much being the only one who ever does these. Not sure who else is on the team with you but the MeepTimes would be nothing without you.

8. CasualMow

CasualMow Celebrity Meeper

I cant beleave im saying this but I agree It should have a bigger team and try to be even twice a week

SuperDyl likes this.
  9. Lt_Sponge

Lt_Sponge Popular Meeper

Yay!! Im in it :D

SuperDyl likes this.
  10. alex77034

alex77034 Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'

If they were twice a week they wouldn’t be special, because not a lot happens every few days.

Never knew no one worked on them, that’s sad, I would help :/.

riri30, Courtneyyy and SuperDyl like this.
  11. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

the team fell apart without me, don't listen to clue

clue I love you you're the best

iKitten, cooey, SuperDyl and 4 others like this.
  12. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Erh, better start saving up my skybucks.

Awesome edition, guys, great job. Can’t wait for the next one!

iKitten, onceuponajano and SuperDyl like this.
  13. Summers

Summers Hot Meeper

Very cool builds.

SuperDyl likes this.
  14. DarkKnight49x

DarkKnight49x ⏦ ❀ The True Dark Knight ❀ ⏦

thx tendie

iKitten and EllieEllie like this.
  15. Bobius

Bobius Popular Meeper

Shoot, I think I just missed the contest. Can anyone tell me when the next one is? I'm not the best builder but I would love to participate.

SuperDyl likes this.
  16. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

You just have to keep an eye our for new forums posts.