1. Hi there Guest! You should join our Minecraft server @ meepcraft.com
  2. We also have a Discord server that you can join @ https://discord.gg/B4shfCZjYx
  3. Purchase a rank upgrade and get it instantly in-game! Minecraft Discord Upgrade

Meeptimes #48: The Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CluelessKlutz, Jan 9, 2018.

1. CluelessKlutz

CluelessKlutz Badmin

[​IMG]
    The Second Hornemans Dinnerparty

Welcome to The MeepTimes, the twice-monthly update to keep the community in the loop with what’s new, behind the scenes, and in the works. We apologize for the days being off, but this day was simply too close to the scheduled release date to resist!

Server Updates

Meepcraft Turns Six!
    It has been a long time coming, but at last we celebrate six years of Meepcraft. There is nothing quite like it.

Recently Accepted Suggestions

Town Taxes
    Never fear a confusion regarding the rules on taxes again! Read about the upcoming change to town tax change rules here.

Community Events

Halo Tournament
    Do you have a good team in Halo? Join the competition and fight to the top! Read details here, and thanks to @AdrianBFaust and @TrevinG for hosting!

The Second Hornemans Dinnerparty
    In celebration of Meepcraft’s sixth anniversary, a second dinnerparty was hosted by @Fuzzlr and @Cooleysworld. Fireworks lit the sky, diamonds dropped from the ceiling, and many courses of delicious . . . boats . . . were served! See images from the party here.

[​IMG]

Fuzzlr Convention Part 2
    What began as fun and games going down the waterslide at /warp waterpark became the biggest dropparty of the year so far! While @Fuzzlr was dropped dozens of gold ingots, diamonds, and other goodies, @Epixaid and @CluelessKlutz passed out Fuzzlr disguise notes to everyone in the crowd, resulting in the Second Fuzzlr Convention. See more images here!

Looking Back - 2017
    2017 was quite a year! As we move on into the new year, it is often fun to look back on the previous year. Meepcraft has been fortunate enough to have a consistent and dedicated staff team, some of which have moved on, some who continue in their roles to better the server. With that in mind, here is a full list of everyone who has participated in the Meepcraft staff team in the last year! (Apologies ahead of time in case somehow anyone was missed, just message someone and you'll be added as swiftly as possible)

Media
    @Alexxaaa
    @DarkThunderz
    @jrs25872
    @Pmx728

Architect
    @0zblox
    @andrewrobins
    @L0ST_CL3R1C
    @MiniArch_
    @Oldchopper
    @xAlexBearx
    @Zarduck

Developer
    @cdhoff
    @Cherrykit
    @jadenPete
    @reggles44
    @Shellcode
    @Vamp1re_Man

Helper
    @Fire_Wolf04
    @iKitten
    @iNexxer
    @kirby99
    @MasterofBoom
    @MoonlitMadness
    @OKNEM
    @onceuponajano
    @PainCakexx1997
    @PseudoGod
    @riri30
    @TechnoTyson
    @smkorpi

@CyborgZeroX
    @DarkKnight49x
    @Flamedemond2
    @GroovyGrevous
    @MegaStufOreo
    @Noahnda
    @Vexmae

SuperMod
    @CluelessKlutz
    @EllieEllie
    @Kling
    @Klitch
    @Midnight_Galaxy
    @Niiicck
    @NinjaRoxy

Administrator
    @Cooleysworld
    @Courtneyyy
    @KlutchDecals
    @LordInateur
    @xT3Kx

Ambassador
    @Coelho
    @Sjoeppappentrap

Storytime with the Crew - Hornemans’ Dinner Disturbance
    /warp hornemans was a busy place. The 6th Anniversary of MeepCraft had encouraged @Fuzzlr and @Cooleysworld to host a dinner party, with most of the online server attending. @ImPaw looked around and saw a happy, cheerful environment; diamonds being dropped, food being served and jokes being spread. Many people were there – @Proteker, @Epixaid, @MegaStufOreo, @NinjaRoxy, @OKNEM, @CluelessKlutz, even @Kling made an appearance. It was a great time for the people of MeepCraft, and no one would slow the party down.

The party moved to /warp waterpark – players enjoyed the thrill of boating down the waterslide, then doing it all again. More items were dropped at /warp elytra – inventories upon inventories of diamond tools courtesy of Epixaid. And all of this upon the watchful eye of Hornemans – sitting quietly in the hot air balloon near /warp elytra, he radiated disgust watching players jumping up and down to collect the items. “What filth. They think they can celebrate MeepCraft’s anniversary without me? That ridiculous Fuzzlr is giving away free Nutcrackers to undeserving players! Just you wait, I’ll show them how to celebrate.”

Flying down to the jungle area beside the party, he set up an elaborate redstone mechanism – dispensers, repeaters, and water buckets. He bought his materials from vShop – the quick and easy command of /buy was easily accessible to him. At last, the machine was done. He chuckled – no one was going to see this coming. Millions of gear, lost to clear lag, just like that.

But someone was going to see it coming. Paw, who had been happily celebrating with everyone else, noticed something peculiar in chat – her goods on vShop being bought by Hornemans. Hornemans? she thought. Isn’t he banned? She decided to check with a mod.

After a quick check, @Kling, also attending the party, found where Hornemans was buying his goods from. Teleporting in, he brought Paw with him to explore the area. This can’t be good, thought Kling. Buying dispensers, repeaters, and water buckets? There’s only one thing you can make with those three items.

Paw, standing behind a tree, called Kling over. Peering out, she saw Hornemans working quickly on a machine of his devise – and Paw recognized it instantly.

“It’s a TNT cannon! We need to warn everyone!” whispered Paw, perhaps a bit too loudly, as Hornemans turned swiftly to face their location. Paw and Kling suddenly hid back behind the tree, holding their breaths. Hornemans shook his head, and went back to the machine.

“Okay, you go back to /warp elytra, I’ll catch Hornemans,” replied Kling.

“You gonna be okay? This is Hornemans we’re talking about,” expressed Paw, clearly concerned.

“I’ll be fine, mate. Go back and warn them!”

Paw hastily went back to /warp elytra to warn the others. Kling, on the other hand, slowly crept up to behind Hornemans. Drawing his sword, he held it up, preparing to swing. Hornemans, sensing something behind him, instinctively drew his sword and held it up, blocking Kling’s blow. The two stepped apart, and Hornemans smiled.

“Kling! How good it is to see you. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

“You’re supposed to be banned! How did you get back in here, you bloody monster?” Kling questioned.

“You were only a VIP when I saw you last, and now look at you – a SuperMod! I guess I owe you a congratulations, then.”

“What are you doing, Hornemans? What’s the machine?”

“You already know what it is, Kling. A TNT cannon. You see those players up there?” He pointed to the party.

“They’re my friends, mate.”

“Well, they’re gone now.”

And with that, Hornemans lunged towards the lever, to fire the cannon.

“NO!” shouted Kling, diving in the way of his hand, tackling him to the ground, putting him just out of reach. The two tussled on the ground, weapons out of the equation.

“You… can’t… stop… the… inevitable!” shouted Hornemans, struggling against Kling’s strength.

“We can have a good time while it lasts. And we don’t need you…” Kling raised his sword. “…to spoil it for us.”

The sword came down. Everything was in slow motion. Hornemans’ face expressed raw fear, Kling’s expressed integrity, and vengeance. Just as the sword was about to connect with flesh, another one came out and blocked the blow. Kling looked up in shock at the wielder – Cooleysworld.

“This one doesn’t deserve to be killed. He deserves worse.”

Kling relaxed. The others got the message – Paw had made it.

“I’ll take it from here, Kling. Thanks for your help in catching this criminal.”

He released Hornemans, still in fear, and handed him over to Cooleys. They walked a short distance and warped away.

Paw came running back to the clearing. “Kling!” she shouted. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, mate. Just fine. Come on, let’s get back to the celebrations. I heard they were dropping Nutcrackers just now..?”

They both bolted back to /warp elytra. The party was still well under way – Fuzzlr dropping Vote Keys, Epixaid dropping tools, and Viper dropping cobble.

Paw smiled. MeepCraft’s days were not over just yet.

Happy Birthday, MeepCraft! From the author - @OKNEM :D

Humans Of MeepCraft - Feat. @Akira Wolven

[​IMG]

What inspired your name?
    I love cats and wolves so that just had to be a part of my name. I also find puns really funny and when I renamed my account I wanted to keep that a part of it, so that’s why I chose my username.

What do you enjoy the most about the server?
    The Towny world. Owning towns and meeting new players in this part of meep is extremely fun :D

Currently, you are a co-mayor of Mistveil. What is it like being a part of such a well-built and respected town?
    It’s amazing :D I love being part of Mistveil! Owning the modern district is so much fun as I can build to my heart's content while providing a place for players to keep all their valuables and contribute to the town. :)

What kind of things do you enjoy outside of the server?
    I enjoy drawing, reading, and playing archery as a sport.

What kind of things are you looking forward to both in the new year, and the sixth year of Meep?

Meeting new players, making new friends and watching the community grow even more! :D Any of course building more xD

Anything else you’d like to add?

I’d also like to thank all the Meepcraft staff for always helping out however they can :D

Social Media!

Be sure to follow us on our social media platforms to get sneak peaks and be kept up to date on all things meep!

Instagram! - @officialmeepcraftmc

Facebook! - @meepcraftmc

Get involved with the MeepTimes

With every release of the MeepTimes, we pick a cover photo submitted by the community! The owner of each piece of content selected will receive a 5,000 meeble reward. To submit a cover photo for the next release of the MeepTimes, send a private message to @CluelessKlutz. Happy Meeping!

The next issue of The MeepTimes will be released January 19, 2018! See you then!

This issue was created by @CluelessKlutz, @OKNEM, @onceuponajano

OKNEM, Adrian, SuperDyl and 11 others like this.
  2. Vexmae

Vexmae Royal-Tea Staff Member Mod Media

I guess this'd be a perfect time to use mine:

Happy 6 years meep :>
    [​IMG]

3. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Happy Meep BirthDay I’ve been here half of that time and enjoyed every minute of it!

SuperDyl likes this.
  4. EllieEllie

EllieEllie Staff Member Leadership

merry birthday, meep!

SuperDyl likes this.
  5. riri30

riri30 Retired veteran

Happy birthday, can’t believe @Fuzzlr created this six years ago, while I can barely buy my own food.
    Epic story guys, great edition.
    @Kling, we’re well built and respected! Hell yeah!

GroovyGrevous, SuperDyl and iKitten like this.
  6. Courtneyyy

Courtneyyy Admin Princess Staff Member Helper Media Elder

What a great edition! Super proud of MeepTimes!

GroovyGrevous, smk, iKitten and 3 others like this.
  7. Muunkee

Muunkee Legendary art supply hoarder

8. xQuartz

xQuartz Celebrity Meeper

One thing to say. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  9. iKitten

iKitten >^-^<

Yay Meep!! Happy Birthday Meep!! (great edition too tho) :D

SuperDyl and Pmx728 like this.
  10. ImPaw

ImPaw Popular Meeper

Happy Birthday Meep! :D
    Ive had so much fun on this server and I plan on continuing to do so :)

11. evilalec555

evilalec555 Celebrity Meeper

12. smk

smk Celebrity Meeper

Great edition!

SuperDyl likes this.
  13. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

iKitten and riri30 like this.
  14. FamousZAmos

FamousZAmos Popular Meeper

15. bloodyghost

bloodyghost local haunt

xd

16. GroovyGrevous

GroovyGrevous Break hearts not blocks

That's better

iKitten and onceuponajano like this.
  17. Skaithemerk

Skaithemerk Popular Meeper

i like how im the only fuzzlr with a bone in his mouth ;-;

SuperDyl and iKitten like this.
  18. MrsMegan

MrsMegan Celebrity Meeper

Terrible quality as the video itself is terrible quality, but if you can read it's founded January 7th 2012 and still it continues to be a different day every year that the anniversary of MeepCraft falls on. anniversary.png

Video here

19. SuperDyl

SuperDyl Popular Meeper

Maybe, @Fuzzlr has flown around the world enough times to end up being a couple days off as a person from the rest of the world and he lets that be part of his calculations for when Meepcraft's anniversaries are.

20. CasualNuker

CasualNuker Celebrity Meeper

Great story and so long ago now and I’ve been here 3 years